Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Woohooo beat my PR by 3:44!!

777 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Wisconsinite762 
#1 ·
So the other day on my local trail I shattered my PR by 3 minutes and 44 seconds by "chasing" a much more experienced rider. That's about a 10% decrease in time and my average speed went up by 1 mph. I was ecstatic!

My local trail is about 4-4.5 miles and when I am really trying it usually takes me ~35 minutes to complete. I've improved throughout the season but usually only beat my PR by 5-10 seconds at a time, never anything this substantial.

#6 ·
Thanks! It was mostly the pressure to keep up that helped the most. Though watching how he tackled some of the obstacles also helped too, he wasn't really taking a different line than me, just handling the bike differently (if that makes sense).

I would have been more than happy to make that kind of improvement in several months, but doing it in just one ride was amazing.

#8 ·
That's awesome! Congrats!

I find the same thing when I follow faster riders, my speeds go up and I often set PB's. Same thing on the road.

It just goes to show that even when you think you're pushing yourself while riding alone, you still have a lot more if you dig deep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.