Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wife wants the fork locked out to go DOWN hills.

4K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  cpfitness 
#1 ·
I am trying to help my wife learn to ride offroad. I have begged her to take a clinic but she would rather just ride with me. She has a beautiful Giant Trance X2. She does alright most of the time but going down hills drives her nuts. She feels like she is going to go OTB on even the smallest hill. The bike is fitted well (seat is a little low)and the fork is set to her size. She says it feels like the fork is colapsing on the way down the hill which makes it feel like she's going over. She wants to lock out the fork for going down hills and release it for climbing. I dunno what else to do. I've told her about getting back on the seat, using rear brake only for now. the hiils are wide jeep trails with few rocks or anything radical, I promise. My 5yo nephew rides it on his SS BMX bike.

#33 ·
I'm not sure what fork she has, but, i know my RS Reba has a flood gate that will blow when i get into the bigger hits. With this, i can lock it out the entire ride and it'll only use suspension if the hits are hard enough to require some travel. Really nice feature.

#39 ·
This. Im a personal trainer. Ive eorked with couples and its amazing how they wont listen to one another but when a credible pro steps in and says the same thing its a different story. Lets face ut, your wife is scared of crashing. Its possible the rebound isnt setup properly as others mentioned but it sounds like she needs more experience too. Im a newbie and i had a lot of fear on some of the downhill stuff and it feeling like o was gonna go ass over teakettle. I went with a new frame with a slacker front end to help with this but shorter chainstays to keep the handling and climbability there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.