1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Why the MTBR Contest just for US and Canada?

Ok, this is interesting..it's many contests in MTBR, but all are just for Canadian and US..
    I think we all the members have same chance to enter the contest and win something, but the fact is different..

I think it will be more interesting if the contest become worldwide..

mtbr member
    Postal laws and laws regarding contests and drawing vary widely from country to country. I wouldn't be surprised if there were countries where the contests run by American businesses were flat out illegal. (Consumer laws can vary widely from place to place; one of the most often cited is a German law that bans 2-for-1 sales.)

Most businesses don't have the time, the resources, or the inclination to figure out and comply with all countrys' laws.

banned
    Aug 2012
    What contest ?
    All I see is advertising

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    Postal laws and laws regarding contests and drawing vary widely from country to country. I wouldn't be surprised if there were countries where the contests run by American businesses were flat out illegal. (Consumer laws can vary widely from place to place; one of the most often cited is a German law that bans 2-for-1 sales.)

Most businesses don't have the time, the resources, or the inclination to figure out and comply with all countrys' laws.
    hmm..i think they have partners in such certain countries to help them to distribute their products..hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    What contest ?
    All I see is advertising
    yes, you can see under the top header..i see the troy lee designs contest now..while several minutes ago i saw a contest about winning your "do it yourself" crankset..

what products does mtbr distribute?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    what products does mtbr distribute?
    i mean not mtbr, but the contest holder..