1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

why is mongoose fireball 26 called a kids bike on even cycles

i was going to get this bike but it was called a kids bike on even cycles why is it called a kids bike is this just a mistake because youtube adults use them and on other website it is not called a kids bike ?

good Q. the site explains that it's a DJ bike well enough. I suspect they get more kids on that bike than adults. or maybe they recommend it for kids a lot because of the unique way that you "fit" a DJ bike would allow a kid the ability to "grow into" the bike a bit more. kinda like how BMX bikes get recommended for kids a lot of the time.

T.W.O.
    May be because there's no Dirt Jump category Just don't sue them for misleading you.

No Stranger to danger....
    Its an entry level DJ bike, i did a bit of research for you and i dont see it as a kids bike, it seems to be a choice for riders looking to buy their first bike or looking to get into the game and not spend too much.
    Dont let the 'kids' label put you off, if you like it when you try it well happy days..cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    thanks for the reply people