1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: What size tube

FNG
    Aug 2008

What size tube

I am recently back on the horse. When I was pumping my rear tire up the presta valve broke. I want to get a new tube but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to what size I need. The tires are WTB Weirwolf 26x49/54, The rim says 2.1 49/54

Any help is always appreciated!
    Oddly enough, none of us were born cool.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It's either a 26" or a 29" if its a mountain bike most likey a 26" Go to either WTB'S web site or your local shop. for the right answer.

FNG
    Aug 2008
    I get that its a 26: but there seems to be different size 26": tubes if that makes sense. My best guess is 26 x 1.5-2.15 but Im not sure.

mtbr member
    The 49/54 is in mm and the 2.1 is in inches both denote the diameter of the tube. The 26" 1.5 - 2.1 tube is the size that should work for you.

FNG
    Aug 2008
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Noob question.
    Itīs possible use more then 2.1 tube?

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4rtini View Post
    Noob question.
    Itīs possible use more then 2.1 tube?
    Yeah absolutely, it's would actually be better for air retention in many situations, but the down side is more rubber=more weight

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz1028 View Post
    I am recently back on the horse. When I was pumping my rear tire up the presta valve broke. I want to get a new tube but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to what size I need. The tires are WTB Weirwolf 26x49/54, The rim says 2.1 49/54

Any help is always appreciated!
    personally I like shrouder valves

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    personally I like shrouder valves

That's not an option if the hole in his rim is only big enough to fit a presta valve.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by zyzbot View Post
    That's not an option if the hole in his rim is only big enough to fit a presta valve.
    I know that is why my drill comes in handy.