1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

What did You do today on your bike? (a thread for anything bike related)

got this idea from a BMW forum that im on, its just where you can post what ever. if you went on a ride and took some pics, post your pics, if you did a new upgrade, post your upgrade, if something awesome happen, tell us about it. But remember. it didnt happen without Pics

i went out for a ride. did 2 miles before i was drenched in sweat. 96 degree heat is just to freaking hot. a pic looking down the trail that takes you up to top, and a rocky tech section.

IMAG0164 by Edirty6, on Flickr

IMAG0168 by Edirty6, on Flickr
    Last edited by Edirty6; 07-03-2012 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I did this:

Oh and since you mentioned bmw's, my e36 m3 has 242,000 miles on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    ^nice. what was the temp. for you today. it was to hot to do any riding for me. and as for the car subject, my little 318is is about 200 miles away from 242k mile mark. haha

Inspector Gadget
    This after riding 10mi with my wife and son yesterday. 6 personal records, on a loop that was everything from flowing single track to black diamonds... Up and down.

I'm not truly a beginner, more a tweener.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341194580.256743.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341194627.344595.jpg
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I bike in Texas, usually takes me a good 2-3 weeks of riding in 90 -100 degree weather to get remotely adjusted to the heat.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It was 98 when I pushed off from my apartment today. Just a short ride while Im awaiting a new rear cassette and cant ride the trails with it. 5.5 miles was pretty harsh in the hot stuff though.

mtbr member
    Yesterday, I got absolutely drenched. We were cycling along and as we came to the top of the hill, you could see a rainstorm approaching rather rapidly. Needless to say, we didn't make it home in time! Screengrab from the video from my GoPro.

mtbr member
    put on some new brakes,rode for about 3 miles found an old gt bmx bike dumped off on a trail by my house

Sent using pony express

mtbr member
    Bought my first MTB. I will post a pic as soon as I have 10 posts.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I found an old trail that has not been used in some time. I Just started to fix it up so it is rideable. Cant wait till it is done. Will post pics when i go back to work on it.

mtbr member
    Trying to make up my mind between a 29er or a 26er both Specialized Hardrock Discs one's a 2012 the other (the 29) is a 2013.

(sorry I have to post this question 5 times)

Hank

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    tried to go ride today after i got out of my job interview, but after last nights rain and with the temp that it hit today before 11. i was soaking wet in sweat in 10 mins and said screw it. wish this heat wave would pass. found some new trails around the TN area i wanna ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Got a friend to pick up a decent Diamondback, now I have a riding buddy! Hit the local trails for a couple hours. Drenched in sweat by the time we got back to the car. Lovin' it though.

mtbr member
    I wish the info under the user name would show the area the poster is from

mtbr member
    Did this today, it was in the mid to high 90s, but this was mostly in the shade, but still when I stopped for whatever reason, it was HOT...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Rode 2 miles in mud, decided I'd had enough, went home, cleaned the bike, put it up in the garage until next weekend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    ^ riding in mud is my favorite to do. after fresh rain if sun starts to show i go out and ride. sliding around and having to work twice as hard to do the trails in my area will kill you in the first 2 miles. it is a lot of up then down then up then down then up then up again and then up some more.

Ridin Dirty

mtbr member
    Purchased Sunday, Marlin 29er

Yesterday's ride on a very very short trail close to my house

mtbr member
    Did nothing to MY bike..
    But went out shopping for one!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm still waiting on my order. I bought a Carve Comp 29er at my LBS, but still hasn't come in

mtbr member
    I brought it home to it's 1st owner!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Bought 8 speed parts. lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Came home from work and decided to lay down for an hr before I go ride. After I woke up 4 hrs later I decided to hang up the wall mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag0077.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just got back from my 1st ride on the scooter..
    Wasn't long as the RD was having a little trouble still finding the right gears.. So I loaded up to head to LBS forgetting they were closed for the holiday..
    Normally I would do all work myself, but the owner insisted that I bring back to him if any trouble as such.. At least until I am satisfied with the way it's riding..
    But still got about 90 minute trail ride in (got there right at sun-up)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Rode about 10 miles today. I crashed doing something stupid and broke off one of my shift levers, then I got a flat. Still had fun though

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast