Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

325K views 3K replies 801 participants last post by  HawkGX 
#1 · (Edited)
What did You do today on your bike? (a thread for anything bike related)

got this idea from a BMW forum that im on, its just where you can post what ever. if you went on a ride and took some pics, post your pics, if you did a new upgrade, post your upgrade, if something awesome happen, tell us about it. But remember. it didnt happen without Pics:)

i went out for a ride. did 2 miles before i was drenched in sweat. 96 degree heat is just to freaking hot. a pic looking down the trail that takes you up to top, and a rocky tech section.

IMAG0164 by Edirty6, on Flickr

IMAG0168 by Edirty6, on Flickr

See less See more
#350 ·
....one month into my return to biking (not really limited to "today")

I'm averaging 25 miles a week trail riding

Upgrades + repairs to the Mantra so far:
- New Deore LX SL-M580 shifters
- New Raceface Evolve crankset (old cook brothers crankset was worn)
- Replaced front der with Shimano XTR FD-M952-E
- Upgraded Bontrager stem to Ritchey adjustable stem
- Replaced Thomson seatpost with Bontrager RXL Carbon seatpost
- Replaced painful nutcracker race seat with Giant gel padded seat
- New Answer Protaper 720 carbon handlebars
- Added Ergon GP1 grips.
- Upgraded to Power Grips Sport pedals.

... my carpal tunnel numbness has been reduced significantly... wrist braces to arrive later today... hoping that all this will make the CTS go away.

Next on the project list:
- rebuild Fox TALAS fork that I got off ebay
- make billet 22mm to ISO or post-type rear caliper adaptor
- install Avid Juicy Carbon disc brakeset
- install Mavic CrossMax wheels + Maxxis Ignitors
- toss out v-brakes
- try to score a new rear derailleur on ebay...

-S

#488 ·
Got back on my bike after the nasty fall last Sunday. Hip still aches a bit, but this time I went up with POC knee pads and butt armor (Troy Lee BP7605) to play it safe. Made it 3+ miles on the mountain trails before the injuries started acting up, so turned around and rode home (another 4 miles). Not bad after a week's break I guess.

-S

#908 ·
Newbie here and to Mountain Bikes. Used to race BMX as a kid 20+ years ago and then did some road biking in there for a little bit. Bought my bike via craigslist over a week ago and have finally found some time to ride it. Have a good network of local trails and got this point after only being on pavement for .25 to .5 mile or so. Total trip was 7+ miles (turned on gps too late!) with a mix of singletrack up and downhill, jeep paths, a full on dirt road, and then some pavement to get back home quicker.. Sadly had to push her up some of the single track hills, but that will change soon enough I hope.

#919 ·
Got lost for 20 min on my old schwinn mesa hardtail. I started riding 2 weeks ago. This trail I wasn't familiar with and was primarily made up of rock gardens and hardest climbs I've yet to encounter :crazy: . Pushed myself through it and used the remainder of my leg strength to wash my bike when i got home.

#1,086 ·
I've been gone for a week on a cruise to Alaska, so I'll update my two rides now:

Ride 1: Juneau, Alaska - The cruise ship had a bike ride shore excursion that I decided to take at the last minute. The tour company took a group of 11 riders plus a guide to the top of a mountain and let us ride down. It was all paved, but we saw only one vehicle (other than our van). We rode Trek hybrids that had seen a lot of wear & tear. However, they all functioned well enough. The scenery was breathtaking, which was a good reason to keep our speeds low. Note: I was the youngest guest rider and I'm 55.

Ride 2: Skagway, Alaska - I found a shop that rented MTBs. I got a nearly new Specialized. I passed on one hiking trail as being way too technical and as requiring a lot of hike-a-bike. (I hiked the trail before.) I rode a great little double-track trail through a wooded area. Then, I rode to the far end of town (1 mile) and along a dirt road that followed railroad tracks. There was no climbing to speak of, so no real downhills. However, this is the kind of ride I imagined when I started mountain biking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.