1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2303
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Rode the local trail
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1404687924024.jpg

mtbr member
    Dodged a turtle on his way to the lake.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Took the GT out on a trail with my buddy trying to convert him from a roadie. I rode my pos Huffy and he took the GT. Finally wiped out but that little Huffy does surprisingly well and turned out to be a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Went to the LBS and got a new saddle. Replaced my serfas e-gel comfort saddle with a specialized Riva and the ride is so much better. No more soreness on the back of my thighs from moving my weight back with the wide serfas.

After installing the saddle and riding around the neighborhood I went back to the LBS to purchase the Riva and took the bike along for a fit. He straightened out the saddle install and tossed it on the trainer. We re positioned the saddle height and now the bike is more comfortable than ever. I can't wait to take it on the trail tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Went tubeless ghetto style! Maxxis High Roller 2 2.3 rear and Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404778589.028458.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I am mainly riding for fitness the last 2 months since getting into biking and ride concrete bike paths. (down 12 pounds )

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 11.19.48 PM.png
Views: 178
Size:  108.8 KB
    Best Photo Booth in Dallas Fort Worth
    http://www.snapzsnapz.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode part of the planned excursion today. The plan was a 16 mile round trip, I ended up throwing in the towel at 8. Riding mostly paved roads and a little bit of dirt, with lots of hills along the way. I never had to get off and walk the bike, but I may have dropped to an extremely low granny gear on some climbs...

mtbr member
    Rode with an Ex employee (that was more like the little sister I wish I had) and her husband, who were back in town visiting friends and family. She is an avid roadie that is just getting her feet wet on the MTB trails. Good ride.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Today I changed my pedals to clipless and haven't fallen on my face yet. I'll probably ride around nice flay and easy things for a little bit before I venture back out onto the trails.
    We have met the enemy, and it is us. Pogo

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode 10miles mostly XC. Realizing how much I love this sport

mtbr member
    Today was my forth-ever trail ride. I completed a 9 mile track with the local MTB club. That's the longest trail I've done (< 2~3 miles is my next closest).

I've never been so proud of myself. :]
    Rider Specs: new grand master of the "tactical dismount and barrel roll" combo

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Today was a great trail ride. I rode on a new trail with a group and this trail was fun. There were some climbs, but it was mostly downhill and it was very smooth and flowy in some areas but then some places had a lot of roots. This trail is my favourite out of all the Aqueduct Trails in Woodstock (still not as good as Pine Hill Park). I am guessing I rode 7.5 miles with the group, but I will wait until I get the actual mileage before I add it up to my weekly total.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Trimmed my new brake hoses (Shimano XT). Very easy but I think I messed up a little and still need to bleed. Oh well...easy to do, just gotta get the stuff to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member

Went for a group Urban Ride around the University campus. Steps hills drops jumps curbs sidewalks parking garages. Lots of fun.

Up the hill!
    I was going down a trail, clipping along at a good pace; not the most challenging trail by no means, but I was loving every minute of it. Somewhere along the way, my right leg brushed up against a shrub and didn't think much of it; it was somewhat itchy on the drive home, figured I got bit by a bug or something until I looked at my leg while unloading my bike from the truck. A few swollen and red spots...Poison Ivy! All and all, it was still a good ride.

mtbr member
    Lubed her up and took her for a ride!!

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Rode in little circles on grass at the local park until I felt nauseous. Also started to learn front wheel lifts

yeah, baby steps

Co Springs
    This week; Switched from clipless (been riding 10 years with these) to dual pedals so I can have more options of letting a family members try my bike or myself taking a quick short spin w/o the PITA of those shoes.

Yesterday 730a; Did a 6 mile path with a 75 y/o retired Dr to explore some good uphill and a round-a-bout way of commuting to work.
    Then put some on-sale $20 fenders on my 91 Splzd for a cool updated city bike look.

6p; Met up with some riders on more tech terrain and another 5.8 miles, then a great cook out w/ quality brews.

Today at 830a; Out with the old doc again and did 12.5 miles at approx 86 degrees out there.
    Round numbers, 24 miles in the two days. Feeling stronger !
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Just bought my first new bike in 10 + years a week ago. Been riding it as often as I can this week to get in shape for trail riding.

Today: 10.5 miles on a paved trail, 3 miles during my commute.

Tuesday: 3 miles during commute.

Sunday: 10.5 miles on paved trail.

So far, loving riding and being back on a bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Took a vacation. Now I'm back to riding. I missed it so much. I hate being away from my routine. I live near a nice loop and work from home so sometimes I'll hit it twice a day, but being off a bike for a week makes me lazy.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member

It sounds like you went on a wrong type of vacation....

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    It sounds like you went on a wrong type of vacation....
    Sounds like it to me too. The last 2 years my vacation has been going out to Utah and riding with one of my sons. They have been some of the best trips ever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    6 road miles today so far But it was with my 9 year old to go see the new planet of the apes movie so
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitr0 View Post
    Rode the local trail
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1404687924024.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	906274
    Does that happen to be Idawild Park near Burlington Kentucky?
    I was there today. Went down a wooden thing(no idea what it is called) that looked just like that, AND it starts with a hill like that.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    I rode 29 miles in three days. That makes 31.5 miles this week (5 days). I don't know if I'll do much riding this weekend, but I will stop by the Mountain Bike Fest at the STAB trails in Brownsville to demo some bikes if I can.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast