1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2668
    mtbr member
    Finally got out this week - my weekly run @ Carbon Cyn: 12k continue to improve and learn little things here and there.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Carbon Cyn near Brea | Times and Records | Strava
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00135.jpg  

2013 Cannondale Trail SL 3

"You will never ride alone"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    ^ did u build the whole thing? how long did it take..looks awesome
    Thanks man. Mostly it's been me and couple guys. It's actually a project on town recreation land that I've been wanting to do for years. The area had been roughly excavated for fill at some point, and it's a huge natural skatepark that just needs to be paved with dirt. Town ended up hooking us up with the spot, tools, and 60 yards of dirt to get going.

The majority has been done by hand over the past few weeks, no small thanks to the legendary patience of the wives. Moving and packing the dirt is a frigging chore, no way around it, but it's a cool feeling when it starts coming together. The fine tuning is the best, it's kinetic sculpture. I really get some sort of 'artistic' satisfaction out of building a chunk of trail that people get a grin out. Every rider should do some trailwork, it's fun.

One month ago:

One week ago:

5 days back:

2 days ago (I know it's a repeat, but it's my current favorite):

No more recent pics, but I've gotta say, I'm happily surprised how much has been done even since yesterday. Updates to come I'm sure..
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Put new brake cables on the hard tail.

Saw the back was almost broken before Mondays ride. Almost rode it anyway, figuring I use the front brake more anyway.

Replaced the cable and went to adjust the front brake. It was down to only 3 strands left.

mtbr member
    Got the Reverb on.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140507_162505_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140507_175225_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140507_201206_resized.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Successfully bled my brake for a second time! I shortened the hose length and thought it would be a good idea to bleed them too.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1399676039.839140.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Installed a new part!
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-clamp.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    i ate sh!t today.. its been raining so i should have known better..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    havent been on in a while cause i've been out enjoying this weather. sold my old giant a year ago and now i regret it. im riding a haro entry bike til i can come up with some money or trade for a bike. lets see some more riding pictures

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Took it to the bike shop. Got a new 2.3 Weirwolf tire, then replaced my stans. Did a 6 mile loop with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Super Clyde

Took my son out for his first MTB ride. We did a 3.5 mile loop in Charlotte.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399774963.092728.jpg  

I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode some pretty harrowing singletrack today (like fall to your left and die track). Then yesterday did a beautiful ride on Portugese bend in Palos Verdes Estates.

Here are some pics of my ride enjoy!!

- sorry for that annoying 3rd pic. Can't delete it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Rode some sick downhill.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    This is actually what I did five days agoÖ. But Iíll be doing it again today plus some more in about two hours after I get home from work
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1975%5B1%5D.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1974%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Saturday: About 10miles w/a couple of buddies and gave her a bath after 4 rides w/out cleaning her. Ready for tonight!

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Lunch Ride near Brea | Times and Records | Strava

mtbr member
    Today: 8.5miles @ Bonneli Park - Shorter than my usual 11 but much more technical. It also looks like they worked on the trails which were left w/a lot of thick sand. It was a lot of fun though..... still learning! Did much better through a rock garden

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Bonneli Park near San Dimas | Times and Records | Strava

mtbr member
    Removed the reflectors, installed gps, then explored the streets and woods around the house trying to get familiar with the new bike and pedals.

I would of ridden longer, but had a friend with me who thinks the gym keeps you more fit than cycling or jogging and he stuck around after he pussed out on me.
    2013 TREK Fuel EX 8 26er
    2010 Trek 4300 Disc

steezeless
    Did my first outdoor ride of the season today!
    2 major surgeries over the winter and I've been stuck in my "living"room on a trainer for 6 months. Shouldn't complain too much though, at least I was able to do that.
    Rode my local trails and had a great ride. Saratoga Springs, Daniels Road
    Had a few scary moments (not quite healed up all the way yet...) but got back home relatively unscathed.

Swamp Pass

My winter build project.
    Still have some more to do but I'm liking going back to rigid.

Now that I found this thread I'll get some more interesting photos. Not that a bike leaning on a tree isn't interesting...

mtbr member

Awesome ride this am...
    Last edited by LCBooger; 05-14-2014 at 09:08 PM.

mtbr member

Finally had the time to work on my new bike! I'm just getting into the sport and I picked up a DiamondBack Outlook on Craigslist for 30 bucks. Nothing too special but my budget for a bike was non-existant. After a new saddle, new (to me) tires, a little TLC, and a deep cleaning I think she turned out pretty nice! Only have $45 in it so I am happy with it!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike.jpg

Can't wait to actually get out on the trails next week!

mtbr member

Nice bike. I like saved from craigslist stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I love weekday rides in the am, its so peaceful. Like therapy when everything else seems so insane. Only got five miles in because of the wind but will probably be able to go out for an evening ride later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1956.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1943.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1944.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    More progress on my pumptrack project, I'm probably 3/5's of the way done with the basic layout of the main loop, and I've been out there for at least 2-3 hours 14 of the last 16 days after work and home duties. Little rain this week is going to make things perfect.

One thing I can say for certain - working on bikes is child's play comparitively. I'm pretty sure I could build 10 bikes in the time it takes get one good sized berm or a couple consectutive rollers just right.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    That looks like a blast man. I wish i had somthing like that to break up the single track rides with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinejoe View Post
    That looks like a blast man. I wish i had somthing like that to break up the single track rides with.
    Thanks man. Yeah, sometimes it's nice to grab rack of beers and a simple bike and just play around.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Thanks man. Yeah, sometimes it's nice to grab rack of beers and a simple bike and just play around.
    Where is that located the dirt looks super tacky compared to the AZ hard pack.

Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast