Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 2923
    mtbr member
    Rode the 15 mile lap for a race coming up in a month. Pretty tough and longer than I am used to but I think I can hang with a bit of practice. Going back tomorrow.
    The bike doesn't make you go fast.
    You make the bike go fast.

mtbr member
    Did 22 miles today. Felt STRONG. 1st lap I single speeded it, which is something I have NEVER been able to do on this trail before.

No idea if I will survive the 100K next weekend, but I think I am as ready as I can be.

No one calls me Maurice.
    The trick to distance rides is setting a pace you can sustain. Don't know if you're "racing" or "riding" but you should be good to go if you watch the variables you can control. Good luck.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

29ers Forever
    5.5 trail miles.The wheels were fine, but the 40t sprocket sucked. The EThirteen is a piece of crap. If ridden under any load, the chain skips and pops. On big steep climbs, that could mean making the climb or not. So I had to use the 36 as my smallest gear. What a waste of $70.
    Next time I will buy a Wolftooth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    The trick to distance rides is setting a pace you can sustain. Don't know if you're "racing" or "riding" but you should be good to go if you watch the variables you can control. Good luck.
    Thanks!

My goal is to survive and learn what I have to do to have a respectable mid-pack finish next year.

I think I have my nutrition down, I think my endurance is decent. Trying to finish it in 7ish hours.

Broken Hipster
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    5.5 trail miles.The wheels were fine, but the 40t sprocket sucked. The EThirteen is a piece of crap. If ridden under any load, the chain skips and pops. On big steep climbs, that could mean making the climb or not. So I had to use the 36 as my smallest gear. What a waste of $70.
    Next time I will buy a Wolftooth.
    Or a Hope T-Rex.
    Just another option. I've been using mine for about a month now and it works flawlessly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    rode 5 miles today.......there are some small hills where I ride..... put the origin8 bar ends back on my bike... which is a SS, so any help climbing is a plus
    97 specialized rockhopper.
    86 schwinn sierra
    72 schwinn varsity

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hit true MTB trails for the first time in 3+ years. Felt AWESOME. It also didn't hurt that it was 11 miles of consistently-fun moderately-technical singletrack at Tannehill State Park in Tuscaloosa county, AL. Best trails I've ever ridden - and that includes Alabama's famous Oak Mountain State Park BUMP trails. So nice to be a 25-minute drive from two world-class XC tracks.

My trusty ole' beater Specialized took it all like there was nothing to it.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-1021141000b_20141021171810771.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just made this

mtbr member
    Final prep for the 100k tomorrow. 😳

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Busy day. Removed summer tire and installed a more wintery rear. Damn thing went right on and sealed up immediately. Replaced from chain ring. Then went out on a 15mile trail ride. No hiccups or complications today...nice when that happens.

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20141024_175525%7E2.jpg
    i put my new bike in the dirt for the first time! Short 4.2 mile ride on my dinner break from work. Awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I bought it 2013 Specialized P.Street 2. Anybody have any experience with these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screen-shot-2014-10-24-9.03.14-pm.jpg  

29ers Forever
    Another 5.5 mile ride. This time I took off the 40T ethirteen as I wait for the new replacement Wolftooth to arrive. I am now thinking I need to regrease the crank, as it is creaking under climbs.
    But other than that it was a fun, fast, flowy ride at Pine Hill Park.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal Medic View Post
    I bought it 2013 Specialized P.Street 2. Anybody have any experience with these?
    They're essentially big wheeled BMX bikes with some suspension, disk brakes, and gears.

mtbr member
    Crashed 2x on my bike and 1x on a SC Nomad demo bike. Broke a stem on my rear tubeless tire. Found out the tube I tried to install afterwards had a short stem for Enve wheels. Walked back to the car. Second time this week. Broke my derailleur hanger 2 days ago. Usually carry a spare one, unfortunately not on that day. All is good though.

mtbr member
    25 miles on the LOViT, ip and over Hickory Nut Mt. I ache all over.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    i own an older p1 (09-10 model i think) imo its an awesome ride, i love it.. i put a 140mm fork and a dropper seat post, its a beast.. hopefully u ride it how it deserves.. GL

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    that's a pretty rad rig...did I totally date myself by that phrase?

mtbr member
    Yesterday... Rode some sweet single track, a couple of four wheel drive tracks and some nasty forestry road climbs... 70% of ride was climbing - made the gold all the more shinier ^^
    Today = wee 10km ride with son and father in-law...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ™
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Decided not to run the 15 mile race after today. Tried to pick up the pace just a little & couldn't stay in control. Crashed twice on steep twisty technical stuff, tacoed my front wheel & had a flat. Really great day.
    I am in over my head on this course.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    i own an older p1 (09-10 model i think) imo its an awesome ride, i love it.. i put a 140mm fork and a dropper seat post, its a beast.. hopefully u ride it how it deserves.. GL
    Sweet! I'm glad to hear you like it! I sure hope I can too haha. Looking at longer travel fork at some point, but for now I'm just getting a helmet and some new pedals haha. I will definitely try to do it justice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Montanadan View Post
    that's a pretty rad rig...did I totally date myself by that phrase?
    Hahahha! No Not even a little bit! Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    20 miles of awesome NE tech at the Wicked Ride of the East yesterday.
    Great time.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Added some new bling
    50mm North Shore Billet Overlorde stem

To go with my old bling

Btw North Shore Billet is the machine shop in Whistler bc that makes the stems that chromag sells
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Just did 11 miles (7.5 miles of trail, 3.5 miles of "road" of Northshore in grapevine. That's the most I've been able to do by a good bit. Also got to try out my new suspension, felt better with more control. My hand's aren't as beat up as well.
    I am already starting to feel it barely 40 minutes after the ride... pretty darn sure I will be sore tomorrow.

mtbr member

12 miles of Northern Michigan single track. Lots of leaves and sand. 30 degrees and super bright sun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Road 21 miles today. It was an cold when I started, just 29° outside. Need to find shoe covers because that was the only cold part of my body.

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

took my new bike for a ride.. Trail by my house

mtbr member
    Rode just a tad under 9 miles this evening. Used my relatively new light(s). Had a blast. Riding a trail "the other way" is like riding a new trail, so is riding it at night.

29ers Forever
    Rode almost 6 miles today. I had planned to go more, but the wind and cold temperatures were really hurting me, so I had to take a shorter route than I had wanted to originally.

mtbr member

Another 12 miles but this time with my new upgrade.
    Went to 1 x 10 from 3 x 10
    Silky smooth shifting. Might have to OneUp for some climbing but overall nice.

mtbr member
    Today I had the pleasure of riding with my son and introduceing him to the world of cycling.. We went on a 13 mile ride to fire house subs.. Great lunch and company.. I know it was the street.. Hopefully this week we can hit the trails together..

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Today I had the pleasure of riding with my son and introduceing him to the world of cycling.. We went on a 13 mile ride to fire house subs.. Great lunch and company.. I know it was the street.. Hopefully this week we can hit the trails together..
    Riding with the kids rocks!! I love it too... can't wait until they can keep up on the trails... I will have slowed down some by then I think

mtbr member
    Installed ghetto tubeless setup on my Diamondback Overdrive and completed my usual 15+ mile ride with no issues less than 12 hours later. Very happy about the fact that tubes no longer need to be grabbed when hanging around the bike shop.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member
    2hr ride... in-laws on board ^^ I cleaned techie climb, while others mainly walked...

29ers Forever
    Rode 5 miles at Pine Hill Park today. I got some big air off of a few jumps, and tried a new trail with rock drop offs, that was fun.
    I haven't been pedaling as much on the downhills, but I have been standing out of the saddle more on the downhills and that has improved my handling a lot.

mtbr member
    10km ride with kids (4 adults, 3 kids) the 4 year old meant it was pretty slow going... a few man made elevates paths allowed me to practice my drop offs/jumps etc.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Took the leaf blower to our pumptrack and 4 miles or so of our local XC loop. Gonna clean another 8 or 10 w/ a buddy tomorrow.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

29ers Forever
    7 or so miles on the road. Climbed up some smooth paved to gravel roads, then descended some leaf covered rough class four roads. On one of the class 4 roads I tensed up, anticipating a descent, hit a massive pothole, and tweaked my back. Hopefully I will be able to get out riding on Tuesday.

mtbr member
    90 min ride in the rain... luckily it was pretty closed in single track (bush). Forgot dang gloves! Fingers were very cold by the end...

I love Pisgah
    Wife and I, along with some friends rode Bent Creek today near Asheville. Gorgeous day. Couldn't ask for better weather. Winters heading our way tho
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

Hi There!
    I went back to the same trail I rode yesterday because...yesterday I faceplanted and somehow also hit my shoulder and hit pretty hard on my right hip on a jump and although I'm still feeling a little concussion-ish I wanted to get back out there and "face my demons".

Good times, although when I got home and stood up from the car I got a little woozy.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Rode with kids... 2hr ride yesterday, so was nice to go out and just enjoy the scenery.

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ™

Old Fart Swamper

Cool-blue Rhythm

I bounced off a wall of hard packed clay and rock, It was taller than me.
    It bled me a little, no biggie,

I went back around and did the trail again, clean.
    Had a blast today :P

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-keep-moving.jpg
    “Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.” Mark Twain

mtbr member
    60 min blat around some local loopey trails (rabbit warren stuff) a lot of weight shifting/body english involved, but the old lungs don't feel it as much ^^

-------------------------------------
    Opinions are like A-holes... everybody
    has one & they're usually full of...??

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Rode 15 miles flowy single track. Lots of quick ups and down. Bumped my fork travel up to 150mm a few weeks ago just for $hit$ and giggles. Actually starting to like it this way.

Hi There!
    I rode my local trail yesterday, but today i wanted to ride my bike but wasn't feeling in the mood for mountain biking. I live a mile from the beach so i rode down there and then down the beach road a few miles. Nice wide bike lane but it still felt pretty dangerous...
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just take it a little easy and no problemmmmmm

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-2014-12-13_12-55-16_921.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

mtbr member

Good job!

Rode my new bike on increasingly difficult trails Friday, Saturday and today. I got pretty winded today on the uphill climbs and the sorest part of my body is my rear. (And to think of the countless miles I used to ride my BMX bike on an unpadded Elina seat way back when.) The bike did fine and I haven't spilled (yet). The Haro is proudly redecorated with some proper dirt too.

All in all, it's nice to be back on a bike after a quarter century or so. I look forward to gaining stamina and getting faster.
    Greg

2014 Haro FLC 29 Comp
    2009 Red Line MX-24
    1980 Red Line Pro-Line · old-school cool