Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 2923
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I took a short ride along the beach; went in to a restaurant for lunch; and came out to find my bike had been stolen.
    :'(

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

I took a short ride along the beach; went in to a restaurant for lunch; and came out to find my bike had been stolen.
    Jeez. Whereabouts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    brand new mtn bike and first in 8 years. Snowing today and -17...so i took it for a test drive at my work's underground (kind of) parking garage. Boring as all hell, but I was smiling!

mtbr member

Today I rode my newly built up Gt Distortion 1.0 frame for 10 miles up into north shore trails and home. Sunny but but very cold...
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I apparently forgot to hit post on friday so this never made it up I picked up my brand new Salsa El Mariachi 3. I am no camerman and my camera is beat up but heres some pictures even though they don't do it justice.

If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by cerpindicular View Post
    I apparently forgot to hit post on friday so this never made it up I picked up my brand new Salsa El Mariachi 3. I am no camerman and my camera is beat up but heres some pictures even though they don't do it justice.

For a time I was interested in buying an El Mar. They are not much heavier than my alloy 100mm hardtail, but they are faster and smoother than my alloy hardtail.
    Enjoy it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I intend to especially if mother nature ever decides to stop doing the freeze/thaw cycle and dry out the trails so I can ride on them.

Custom User Title
    Joined a race today. Not prepared at all, havent trained, hadnt even ridden in a month. Did it anyway. Almost wiped out on the first corner, rear tire slip, nothing special. So far so good after that. A new part was added to the course. Not hard, just very tight and twisty, no problem. The part leading up to it, that part got me. You have two choices, you can either stay up top and ride over roots on top of roots, or drop down a little bit into the creek bed. Everyone chooses the creek. I do the routine drop off the 2 inch ledge, and something somewhere somehow did something and next thing I know my left hip hits the ground with the force of a thousand suns, then my left arm, then the left side of my head. Had to fall on the rock, couldnt have gone a little bit further and hit the softer dirt... Thank god for helmets. Get up, check everything, hip hurts like a mother, take a break for a minute or two to let the pain die down some and walk up a small hill. Get on and slowly ride and finish the race.

Id ridden that area hundreds of times minus the new part, only a few times. But ive never fell on it. Maybe the gods were angry at me because I forced myself to go instead of me wanting to go.

Either way I still had lots of fun and glad I did it. Hip hurts like holy hell. Going to have a big bruise on my big buttocks this week. Oh well. It was worth it.
    Slightly faster than a speeding snail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rode with my daughter to a neighborhood a few miles away from where we live. About 15% of our ride had trail-like features with some moderate climbs and descents.

Some roads were really bad, both my tires collected a few thorns. Good thing I did not try removing the things until we were home (they looked like small stones hanging on the tires), because that would have been a terrible mistake. The moment I removed the thorns, the tires gave out the hissing sounds and immediately lost air in less than 3 minutes.

My daughter's tires didn't get any thorns. I think my mistake was intentionally choosing the worst lines (bumps, potholes, loose rocks, road side *trashes*) just to test how plush the Fox fork is.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Drove over 2 hours to pick her up

29ers Forever
    My new saddle came in!
    WTB Silverado Comp SE. It looks great on my bike. Pics are coming soon.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    Today I rode my newly built up Gt Distortion 1.0 frame for 10 miles up into north shore trails and home. Sunny but but very cold...
    Isn't that a 140 front/100 rear?
    How does it ride?

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140220-00548.jpg

I did IT!! Yey Me!
    I made it all the way to the top without putting my feet on the trail! FIRST for me...last time I petered out as the last section gets steeper...
    ^^ Pleasanton Valley California^^
    Took a good 30min @ 2MPH spinning up the trail that zigzags up to the top of the ridge...THEN after tooling aournd up top...BOMB down!! So FUN!!
    All my bendy parts of my body hurt but it was worth it! Can't wait to go back...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140220-00545.jpg
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sadly nothing exciting, went shopping

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    After ripping my pants i got to find out what it was like to come trucking down a mountain bar assed. Talking full moon...teach me to go commando on the trails again. On a unrelated note managed to bend the rails on my seat ended up getting a upgrade under warranty

29ers Forever
    Yesterday I rode down and up my slushy driveway. It was great fun. Today it rained so all I did was look at my bike.

Two Wheeled Terror
    Finally went tubeless!! One tire was easy peazy and the other had so many pinholes I swear machinegun Kelly used it for target practice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Mounted up some new rubber to some new rims... Tubeless for the first time. Took it on a test ride around the neighborhood... Can NOT wait to ride. Lost 2+lbs and went from 2.10" rubber to 2.35". So happy. Not the best wheelset out there, but for a $228, the price was too good to pass up. Also came with 15ta, 20mm adapters, skewers, rim tape pre-installed and 2 bottles of sealant. Great deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1393031947720.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1393031963573.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1393031997241.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    My LBS converted my Crave Pro to tubeless today. It lost 0.8 lbs after conversion.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I rode my mtb 15 miles along the bike path at the beach. Not my fastest time, but close to it. The taller gears on the new bike make a big difference on the road. I need to decide if the benefit of tubeless on dirt outweigh the detriment (lower PSI) on the road.

mtbr member
    ^its a mountain bike not road bike

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    You could always increase the pressure for road riding?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    ^its a mountain bike not road bike
    I know that. But it's my only bike.

I will not buy a second bike.

I will ride on the road with cars only to get to a trail. And, I would not ride road tires on the bike path -- too much sand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    You could always increase the pressure for road riding?
    Stan's says no more than 40 psi

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I rode my mtb 15 miles along the bike path at the beach. Not my fastest time, but close to it. The taller gears on the new bike make a big difference on the road. I need to decide if the benefit of tubeless on dirt outweigh the detriment (lower PSI) on the road.

I thought your bike got stolen last week? Didja end up getting it back?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    i got two flat tires! it sucks so bad..

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Rode 20 miles and I'm beat from it. I'm probably going to get my HT out and do a quick 5 road miles around the neighborhood.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Zipped around the 'hood on the snowmobile for a couple hours and packed down ~10 miles fire road/trail so we can get out there on the bikes once things freeze back up. Yay combustion!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Maiden voyage on my new '14 Trek Remedy 9. Thing rips!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    I thought your bike got stolen last week? Didja end up getting it back?
    I bought a new bike. A giant Talon 27.5. I couldn't be without a bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I bought a new bike. A giant Talon 27.5. I couldn't be without a bike.
    Right on. Hey, at least you couldn't get a better excuse to get a new ride.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Did insurance cover the other one?

derp
    Cleaned and pretty much rebuilt my hardtail ( excluding the fork, that will be later on ). Been on storage for quite some months so i thought it would be better to clean, regrease and retighten everything before riding.
    It was a good decision too because last time i rode it was mid November, some parts like my rear hub were completely gunked up ... those dt swiss bearings are some tough mofos.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Can't ride my bike today, because I sprained my wrist trying to learn to bunny hop yesterday.

mtbr member
    Reinstalled a mountain king 2 2.2 tubeless as it had so many sidewall leaks it kept going flat. Finally got it sealed up after 2 days. So I went and did a quick 8 mile loop in the Bosque.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Waiting on the new Cannondale I ordered last week. Should be at the shop tommorrow or Wednesday. Too bad I won't be home from a work trip until Saturday...

mtbr member
    Put some Lizard skins on her....
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pwomble View Post
    Waiting on the new Cannondale I ordered last week. Should be at the shop tommorrow or Wednesday. Too bad I won't be home from a work trip until Saturday...
    Nice.... What did you get?
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    overseas in a country where people have never seen a 29er before and stare at you like you're some kind of alien if you wear mtb gear. Still riding around here with an MTB here is not just fun but also pretty damn useful from getting from A to B.

Was an interesting trip, can't throw a rock in the air with out it hitting a pagoda or temple. Though the area has tons of thorns and I got like 11-12 punctures on the trails, luckily I used slime tubes and they did a pretty damn good job of keeping the bike running while I was out there only had to use my pump a little bit to re-inflate back to PSI after pulling out the thorns and spinning the tires for the slime to circulate. Totally got my money's worth (bike + slime tubes that is lol).

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-v5nv.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-sgtc.jpg

Name:  9ls4.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  ucdo.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  52.2 KB

mtbr member
    May 2012

Did my first-ever night ride. Got a Cygolite Expilion 300 for Christmas and finally put it to work on the trail. Went pretty well and I can tell already I'll enjoy night riding a lot? Very different riding experience on a trail I ride a lot. Found out the obvious stuff right away: 1) never outride your light; 2) a 2-light setup - bar & helmet mount isn't just hype, feels like it'll be a necessity; and 3) first night ride is definitely best on a trail you're already familiar with. This was also the first time riding with my first pair of 5-Tens... really felt the grip, even on a cheap pair of pin platforms. What others have said about having to really lift your foot up to reposition was absolutely true for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkGX View Post
    Did my first-ever night ride. Got a Cygolite Expilion 300 for Christmas and finally put it to work on the trail. Went pretty well and I can tell already I'll enjoy night riding a lot? Very different riding experience on a trail I ride a lot. Found out the obvious stuff right away: 1) never outride your light; 2) a 2-light setup - bar & helmet mount isn't just hype, feels like it'll be a necessity; and 3) first night ride is definitely best on a trail you're already familiar with. This was also the first time riding with my first pair of 5-Tens... really felt the grip, even on a cheap pair of pin platforms. What others have said about having to really lift your foot up to reposition was absolutely true for me.
    I use 2 1200 Lumen lights. One on the bar and one on the helmet. Its a much better solution. If I had to pick one I would definitely say the helmet is most important.

mtbr member
    Went for a ride yesterday and ended up coming home with three stitches in my upper lip after my bike slipped out from under me on a corner and I hit a log on the side of the trail.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    Went for a ride yesterday and ended up coming home with three stitches in my upper lip after my bike slipped out from under me on a corner and I hit a log on the side of the trail.
    Ouch! That's no fun!
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    Ouch, hope you get better soon yesterday was a day for it I think - Toe overlap - dislocated and fractured my wrist this morning :(

Partial dislocation and fractured wrist for me - Now living in fear of toe overlap. :S
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD (29er)
    2014 Scott Aspect 740 (650b)

mtbr member
    Awesome...looks dry...and OLD...Cambodia?
    Quote Originally Posted by redrezo View Post
    overseas in a country where people have never seen a 29er before and stare at you like you're some kind of alien if you wear mtb gear. Still riding around here with an MTB here is not just fun but also pretty damn useful from getting from A to B.

Was an interesting trip, can't throw a rock in the air with out it hitting a pagoda or temple. Though the area has tons of thorns and I got like 11-12 punctures on the trails, luckily I used slime tubes and they did a pretty damn good job of keeping the bike running while I was out there only had to use my pump a little bit to re-inflate back to PSI after pulling out the thorns and spinning the tires for the slime to circulate. Totally got my money's worth (bike + slime tubes that is lol).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v5nv.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	872250

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sgtc.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	872251

Name:  9ls4.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  ucdo.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  52.2 KB
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Went ice fishing. The usual Canadian stuff eh.

GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Stopped by the LBS and looked at helmets. I think I have to resign myself to the fact that I am going to look like a dweeb no matter what helmet I get.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajaguars View Post
    Stopped by the LBS and looked at helmets. I think I have to resign myself to the fact that I am going to look like a dweeb no matter what helmet I get.
    ^ It's a helmet. Not a magic lamp!
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Todays helmets are far nicer looking then the one I had 20 years ago, trust me the new ones arn't bad at all. Look at the Fox ones and MET is releasing a new full face XC helmet this year. Not as big and clunky as a DH helmet.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Awesome...looks dry...and OLD...Cambodia?
    You got the right continent but wrong country, it's actually Bagan, Burma. Tons of tourists usually flock to this location but they miss out on alot because they have to stay on the main roads as none of the bikes they have are well equipped enough to dish it out on the trails. The MTB is very useful to get to alot of places where car's can't reach (single track trails) good when you want to visit villages and far flung sites.