Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 2923
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    You're crazy for going out there!

Rode yesterday and today. Yesterday was a disaster - saddle loosened up about 3 miles in and I brought the wrong tools. Tried to ride another mile of single track and it wasn't working at all. I got pissed and went home. When I got home, I stripped the bike down, resurfaced my noisy brakes, tightened everything up and hosed off / cleaned the bike. Today's ride was much much better.

Cheers... It had been sorted a few days ago and one of my mates has come over from Germany so it was good to see him... We didnt touch Sherwood Pines to be honest it was all off piste trails and just a power sapping sandy and boggy mess... I dont mind usually but the stomach bug just emptied my batteries as well as my stomach half way round... I was running on empty for 2/3 of the ride.. I thought it was the usual 4 to 6 miles of suffering before you fully warm up and get going... I suffered and just went... I know I am up to a decent ride there as this previous wet ride shows....

<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/workouts?w=tJcrEEgKy9M&width=580&height=600&width= 950&height=600" width="950" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I was just too ill to keep going and one of the guys I usually ride with was the one who pulled the plug to shorten the ride as I think my shade of green was making him feel it would be stupid to keep going...

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

With seven inches of drifting snow and a wind chill of -4 all I got to do was install my home made studded tires. Now I'm all set for when the snow starts to melt then freezes all over the trails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Today should have been my first day back at work.... But as I was struck by the stomach bug which is going round I just had the day to recover.

I should have cleaned the bike off after yesterdays Slime, mud, sand and snot fueled ride. But still feeling like crap it has just stood there...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-06-01-2014-16-14-27.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-06-01-2014-16-14-04-copy.jpg

Although this evening I did fit the new handlebars which arrived today. I replaced the standard Race face Ride bar with a slightly higher and wider but lighter Crank Brothers Iodine 3 bar... It looks well made and the extra height and width should be a little more comfortable too..
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-06-01-2014-18-39-17-2-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Wahoo

Picked up my first bike in about 10 years and joined this forum today. 14' Specialized Rockhopper. Only rode it in the house for a minute as it was 32 degrees and sleeting here in Vermont today. I can't wait for warmer weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_3380.jpg  

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

^welcome back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    This year I have made the decision to start riding my bike everyplace that I need to go. I still take the car to go grocery shopping unless I just need a few items. Otherwise, I take the bike everyplace. If I need something from the convenience store, I take the bike. The biggest thing I did today with my bike that is worth noting? I rode it, to work, and back. It is my plan to get exercise in on a regular basis. It takes a little bit longer to get around, but it isn't so significant that it isn't worth doing.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by ednalagos2 View Post
    This year I have made the decision to start riding my bike everyplace that I need to go. I still take the car to go grocery shopping unless I just need a few items. Otherwise, I take the bike everyplace. If I need something from the convenience store, I take the bike. The biggest thing I did today with my bike that is worth noting? I rode it, to work, and back. It is my plan to get exercise in on a regular basis. It takes a little bit longer to get around, but it isn't so significant that it isn't worth doing.
    Wish I could do that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    been awhile since i been on here. to update i sold my Giant bike last year when it got cold and used the money to buy a guitar, now im bored with it and im craving a bike again.

Im hoping that my bank will give me a loan so that i can get me a decent bike in the price range of 1300-1500 for a used bike. ive been craving to ride so bad that im about to buy a walmart bike just to tide me over till income tax time. haha

29ers Forever
    Received my first carbon component. Even though I ordered three, I got one carbon fibre headset space.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I rode 11.5 miles at West Delray Regional Park this morning. The trails were muddy from all the rain the last few days. Maxxis Aspens are really lacking in the wet stuff. I ordered a
    Stan's Flow Ex wheel set with Hope Pro Evo2's a couple of days ago for my Scott, once they come in and the rotors get changed out to 6 bolt, the GT will go in for tune up and new tires.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

29ers Forever
    I installed my new Raceface Evolve 725mm handlebar.

mtbr member
    Did about 5 miles around my subdivision, trail was still covered in 2 foot snowdrifts. I got through a few, but it was more walking than riding. Testing out a 2011 Diamondback Outlook I picked up today. Nice basic bike, and I had a good time fixing it up and tuning it.
    Went home when all the melting snow started freezing again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Enjoyed the freakishly warm Swiss winter weather (10° c!) and despite feeling awful with a stomach bug, my small ride for fresh air turned into a 15km woodland trails/hills ride. Absolutely loved it while I was out there, even with the dogs, horse riders and hikers everywhere, but really feeling rough now!

Still waiting for parts to finish the upgrades on my Fuel, so took my HT... I had forgotten how harsh the ride was on single tracks!
    2016 Cannondale SuperX
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD
    2014 Scott Aspect 740

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Received my first carbon component. Even though I ordered three, I got one carbon fibre headset space.
    I'm not sure if I'd call a headset spacer a component...but congrats Small parts like headset spacers usually add some bling and personalization to your bike, got a few myself.

mtbr member
    Went over the bars on Geronimo at South Mountain.

I don't like rocks.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Not a big deal that I went for a night ride this evening, as I ride a few times a week at night this time of year. But what made it extra nice was that the full moon was so bright that we rode up a good portion of the singletrack just by the light of the moon. Tons of fun dealing with the unknown that you can't see really clearly like you can with a light on. The aesthetic qualities of riding by the light of the moon must be experienced to be fully appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I rode 8 miles of single track trails at rowlett creek preserve after work. It was a beautiful day. 58 degrees and sunny. Got to love Texas winters

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Not a big deal that I went for a night ride this evening, as I ride a few times a week at night this time of year. But what made it extra nice was that the full moon was so bright that we rode up a good portion of the singletrack just by the light of the moon. Tons of fun dealing with the unknown that you can't see really clearly like you can with a light on. The aesthetic qualities of riding by the light of the moon must be experienced to be fully appreciated.
    Nice. Jedi night rides are one of my favorite things of all time to do on a bike.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

29ers Forever
    Replaced my Nobby Nic 2.25 in the front with a Hans Dampf 2.35.

B42
    mtbr member

Trashed my small front sprocket.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Rode some new single track today...Santos Ocala. Fun place.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_20140118_162059_445_zpsefcc51a5.jpg

Redcoat

After 14 weeks of surgery and rehab from a broken tibia and fibula I finally got to ride my first Custom frame build. The smile still hasn't left my face

The break

The end goal!

The leg now

Life is now good again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

^^^ Congrats!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Best I can say is I did think about riding today. I didn't because I finished putting my new roof on my house.
    But I did think about riding today. I hope that counts.

mtbr member
    Well, I put a new seat clamp on it to go with my new dropper post, but since it is still without a fork (warranty repair) didn't ride.

Haven't ridden MTB since 11/11 when I shattered my finger. Pin is out but I am still building flex and strength in my left hand. Hope to be out riding by next week.

While I have been down, I have gotten new handle bars, new grips, a dropper post, converted to tubeless, had the fork repaired, and converted to 1x9.

Been able to ride road this eek on my SS, so getting close to the mountains...
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

29ers Forever
    Topped off the brake fluid levels on my XT brakes, and replaced my white alloy headset spacers with new carbon fibre spacers.

mtbr member

Rode today. Took a different route to check some new areas out. What a mistake.... I ended up climbing WAY too much for no return.

Custom User Title
    Entered a race. My time was two minutes slower than the last one I did and the course or anything didnt change. Oh well. Got first place for most fun had Im sure.
    Slightly faster than a speeding snail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Went from a 5km commute to 15km commute on my 29er..

Still building fitness so my intention was to ride the 5km to my nearest train station all of last week, 10km to the next one this week, 15km to the next nearest next week and keep at that until a spot in my office bike locker opened up and I could ride the full 30km each way.. Got to the 10km mark today and decided to keep going. Glad I did

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Went out riding in north vancouver "the shore" 10 miles in sunshine and 9 degC did circuit 8, thompsen,richard Juryn race trail and baden powell. Going stir crazy waiting for the last part to arrive in my upcoming gt distortion build.(1.5 lower headset cup with 1 ⅛ crown adapter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    13 mile loop if the fluffy white stuff.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Played with the kids, one learning to ride his Spiderman bike, and the other learning on his Ironman bike. We raced and had a good time playing around. This was after a very windy 21 mile ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Today, I sold my 6-month old mountain bike.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_beginner View Post
    Today, I sold my 6-month old mountain bike.
    But why are you sad that you sold a Hardrock? You have a Crave pro coming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    But why are you sad that you sold a Hardrock? You have a Crave pro coming.
    Yeah, but there's what I would call a sentimental value. It was the first bike I really enjoyed riding, and my first real mountain bike.

Anyways, I hope when the Crave Pro comes (supposedly next week), I will feel a lot better.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_beginner View Post
    Yeah, but there's what I would call a sentimental value. It was the first bike I really enjoyed riding, and my first real mountain bike.

Anyways, I hope when the Crave Pro comes (supposedly next week), I will feel a lot better.
    That is why I never sold my Cannondale F9.

EMBA Member
    I broke my arm 11-13-13, and last weekend was the first time I was back on the bike since then, so today was spent gasping for air up hills I was able to ride fairly strongly just 10 weeks ago. I wonder if I can get back to the fitness level I had within 10 weeks from now? Had a great time though. The dirt is really great right now in my area.

mtbr member

Today I finished building up my gt distortion team frame..
    Stoked but have to wait a few days until i have ride time
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    I ran a race in a 0F blizzard. It was still fun.

2014 Brrr Classic Mtn Bike Race - YouTube
    DaveH
    '15 Salsa Horsethief
    '13 9:ZERO:7
    '09 Specialized Allez
    '16 Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    May 2012

Celebrated my 46th birthday by taking a day off work and riding 16 miles of single track at one of my favorite "no need to think, just ride" trails. 9 degrees to start the ride but a balmy 19 when I finished. Used my new bar mitts for the first time and was duly impressed with how much warmer my hands felt. A good day!

Redcoat

I froze my tits off -10 Celsius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I installed a KS LEV dropper on my downhill rig, and I am not ashamed!

mtbr member

Complete post season tear down. Riding at an indoor park this weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2013

Between today and yesterday I put 27 miles on my bike with the new rims and rotors

Yesterday was not fun, I felt like I was dragging a boat anchor. This morning I adjusted the brakes a bit to get of the brake drag that was my problem yesterday. Doh on me, was much better today but the back Kenda has to go for a faster rolling tire.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-stans.jpg
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Did my first winter ride in the mud,snow,slush, basically wanted to try my new Kenda Nevegal Stick-E 's i just got.
    Slow rolling, who cares, pedal a little faster.
    The foul weather grip was amazing.
    When it dries out i'll switch back to my WTB Wierwolf's.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    As I have had man flu for the past 2 weeks I decided to get the bike prepped. One of the alloy brake caliper spacers had a broken cup I swapped it for one of the spare ones. Removed the pads and put anti seize compound on the back of them to help stop squealing. I also stripped the crank of sprockets and cleaned them fully. Cleaned all of the excess chain lube out of the cassette too... As the last place I rode has a lot of sand I always clean it fully and clean the chain off with Pocket Rocket and a tooth brush to get every grain out and cleaned both mech's again to make sure there is no sand anywhere to destroy them. Went over it to remove anything I dont need or can put in the camel back. Adjusted the new Crank Brothers Iodine 3 bar.

I think now I have to find time to actually ride the bike...
    It is like new again.. So is crying out to get dirty again..
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-04-02-2014-20-36-35-1-.jpg

Sadly my other bike is taking up my time...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-03-02-2014-18-53-23.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-03-02-2014-18-54-09.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    11 miles at West Delray followed by 7 miles at Quiet Waters.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I took a short ride along the beach; went in to a restaurant for lunch; and came out to find my bike had been stolen.

mtbr member

Did a quick ten mile ride to make sure all the upgrades are good to go and I put the bike back together right

2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

insert sarcasm here
    Cut down some new 780 carbon bars to 760mm. Installed 42t Wolftooth cog, gxp bottom bracket, and x01 cranks. Removed front derailleur. Just waiting on the direct mount 32 ring to get here so I can complete my conversion to 1x10!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'm always looking for new people to ride with. If you are on the Front Range, shoot me a PM and let's go ridin'.