Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2923
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Went out for a ride and then this happens got a little slick, the nobby nicks tend to hold the mud though. Had good time but I think my pugsley is mad at me for letting her sit the suburban while I was riding in the snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag0395.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag0394.jpg  

mtbr member
    Rode Allatoona Creek trails for the last time this year. Bad phone pic, but had an absolute blast. The weather was perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-mason-loop-lastride.jpg  

I love 'Murica!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Made the mould for my rear mech protector. It needs to be post cured and have release agent applied before I can make a nice pre-preg protector.. It looks a little rough round the edges but that will be sorted out tomorrow too... This is untrimmed and still has PVA release all over it..

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-28-10-2013-20-38-23.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-30-10-2013-18-50-21.jpg

I will post up a photo when it is completed and I would think it will be strong enough to pick the bike up with as well as take as much abuse as my poor riding my inflict on it...

Laramie, Wyoming

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Went for a 36km sub-alpine ride...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20131028-173124-032.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20131028-174227-042.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20131028-173553-034.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Commuted 30 miles on my wobbly front wheel yet still awesome Focus 26er.

wanna ride bikes?
    did a long ride yesterday. 10 miles to the MTB park, 3.5 hours of playing on the trails, then 10 miles home. I was whipped. was able to conquer some pretty advanced trails on my new bike. survived a few trails i probably shouldn't have. went down hard once on a drop, no damage to the bike, couple of scrapes and bruises for me. the worst of which was the flat peddle to the shin. can't wait to go back.
    Attachment 843199Attachment 843200Attachment 843201

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by BENKD29 View Post
    did a long ride yesterday. 10 miles to the MTB park, 3.5 hours of playing on the trails, then 10 miles home. I was whipped. was able to conquer some pretty advanced trails on my new bike. survived a few trails i probably shouldn't have. went down hard once on a drop, no damage to the bike, couple of scrapes and bruises for me. the worst of which was the flat peddle to the shin. can't wait to go back.
    Attachment 843199Attachment 843200Attachment 843201
    Fall riding is awesome. Riding through leaves is awesome if you have bad brakes and almost no control.
    That's me on my F9.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drew840 View Post
    Rode a mellow 12.4 miles today climbing 2,217 ft. total. Think I found my new training spot, next I'm working on hitting around 20 miles with around 4k feet of climbing. I guess I would hit it if I just did two loops !!
    Solid work. 4k is a lot of climbing for me.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Installed some BBB roller bearing dérailleur pulleys and ergo grip-shift compatible locking grips.

That should smooth things out and help with the Ulnar Nerve issues...

29ers Forever
    Rode 6 miles at Pine Hill Park. Underdog, Overlook, PA4J, Strong Angel, Droopy Muffin, Voldemort, Birches, Sisyphus, all improved since last week. Cant wait to try it again!
    199 miles on my Cobia so far this season.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Smile

Bought a 20 year old Specialized Hardrock this afternoon from my lbs, took it home and rode it about a mile and a half. I live on a dirt road in the desert, with about a 4% grade, which is why I got a mountain bike. Apparently I am horribly out of shape....

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Installed some BBB roller bearing dérailleur pulleys and ergo grip-shift compatible locking grips.

That should smooth things out and help with the Ulnar Nerve issues...
    1.5hr ride today and no tingles in the fingers! Brilliant!

squish, squish in da fish
    my wife

Two Wheeled Terror

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    my wife
    Now that would take talent.

Beamed from my dumbphone

Hi There!
    Rode at Virginia Key Mountain Bike Trails in Miami today, very nice trails in the same park as a beach which is nice. Rode at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach yesterday.
    NTFTC

29ers Forever
    Rode 2 miles on an old jeep road in Pomfret VT. Then went to the closing LBS and bought some tools, 2 CX tyres for my F9 to ride on dirt roads, and a new drop bar and bar tape. When I got home, I found out that the MTB shifters do not work on a drop bar. I will just use the new bar/tape combo on the R300, but I really wanted to try a drop bar mtb. Well, there is always the Salsa Fargo.
    I have gone 201 miles so far on the Cobia.

wanna ride bikes?
    cleaned the bike, adjusted the hand controls a bit. removed the chain and degreased. then re-lubed with new lube (chain-L) went for a 32 mile ride with no problems, other than the fact that it snowed twice and i was wearing shorts and fingerless gloves.

found an old canal lock that i never knew was there built in 1836. kinda cool.

Attachment 844232

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Went on vacation and my wife had my buddy install a dropper and a Rockshox Monarch plus rear shock.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Needed a Crud catcher for this weekends ride as it is getting muddier here. So I made one up from a scrap motorcycle frame protector I had sitting here.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-04-11-2013-15-17-40.jpg

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Not today but Saturday the wife and I did a 35 mile benefit ride through the Hill Country. New bike setup with the rigid fork was the shiznit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20131102_120907.jpg  

Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    Rode some sweet twisty singletrack without worrying about running over any disgruntled hikers!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0652.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My ride today was 13.2 miles with 2,927ft. of elevation gain. This is the most amount of climbing I have done so far. It was a short ride but 90% was single track and absolutely beautiful coverage with some great downhill sections.

Legs are gonna hurt tomorrow, having a beer now to recover !!

Village Newbie
    Stripped my pedals down to find no grease anywhere near the bears and no sealed bearings like stated in manufacturers description. Time to find new pedals now.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Did a nice little ride with a couple of friends. One of them was doing their first mountain bike ride.

It was a good ride out..
    Mountain biking Workout | Endomondo

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-10-11-2013-13-26-15-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I rode Trailer Canyon to The Hub and back. It was finally cool enough to enjoy - except for the initial climb. There were lots of bikers and hikers, but no horses.

29ers Forever
    Rode a little in the snow on my yard and moved the bikes to their winter homes. There are only 2 bikes in my garage now, but I hope to ride at least one more time before winter really sets in.

mtbr member
    Got in almost 20 miles before I hurt myself. Second time in as many rides.

This getting old thing is for the birds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Rode two new trails today a few hours from my house, One was the new trail at mommoth cave which is awesome and the other was briar creek which was on the way home, It was also stellar but has lots of large rocks and with the leaf coverage didn't ride the full thing. Didn't want to risk injury. 15 miles total

mtbr member
    I rode my HT 21miles on the Lakefront Trail in Chicago. I realize in the off season I need replace my rear wtb velociraptor tire

29ers Forever
    Rode 2 miles today on trails at my house. Due to the snow melt and rain, the trails were very muddy, but very fun.
    I have gone 203 miles so far on my Cobia.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I did not even look at my MTB today. Instead, I rode quads with my buddy on the trail I have been aching to ride my MTB on. Good thing I didn't try it on my MTB; I surely would have died -- either of a stroke or heart attack on the climb or a crash on the descent.

I kept the quad under 15 mph on the descent and it was still quite the ride. Its tires could take the punishment of the rocks, my bike, not so much.

BTW: It was fire road 8N07 in Bouquet Canyon, in SoCal.

mtbr member
    First frozen ride of the year. The frozen ground is punishing!
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    May 2012
    4th mountain bike ride.. What have I been missing for the past 20 years? Apart from the numb bum, aching legs, burning lungs, wet feet, sweating like a papist in a nunnery, an urge to buy new stuff and trying to find any excuse for a ride out....

Today I did almost all of the above. I had a business meeting while riding with a customer who has been riding a while and took me out on a ride round the red runs at Cannock Chase. I ache but it is only my 4th ride in such a long time away.. He was quite surprised I managed it in the time we did it and I was surprised I managed it without pushing it at all even up Cardiac Hill, insidious hill, upper and lower cliff and then Kit Bag hill.. It was hard work but so worth the effort to go for the ride with the customer. lol

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-wednesday-cannock.jpg

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Went to pick up a pizza on my bike

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Went out on the local trails today, good time

wanna ride bikes?
    went on a trail ride, 23.6 miles, and my second ride with Strava app. it works good once i figured out that i had to manually turn on location services under privacy in settings (iphone). too bad my legs were almost totally shot from hard rides the two days before. anyway, got dirty, crashed twice, came home and gave the bike a bath. here are a few trail pics

Attachment 847132
    Attachment 847137

mtbr member
    Just got my Giant Revel 29er on Tuesday. Three rides so far, logged 15 miles already. Stripped the reflectors, pedals(giving to me from a friend). Next week new saddle, the stock one sucks badly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

29ers Forever
    I rode 7 miles at Pine Hill Park today. The leaves were thick and slippy, so I almost crashed twice, but the riding was fun.
    I have now ridden 210 miles this season on my Cobia.

mtbr member
    Keep forgetting to mention, for the last three consecutive Fridays I've ridden between two towns, two counties, two states and two time zones. . . .

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm just calibrating several tyres at the moment. I'm finding it very interesting.

A couple of days ago I fitted Serfas Drifters. They're a duel tarmac/off-road tyre. They're suitable for reasonably good fire trails (supposedly) and that's about as difficult, as I'm hoping for. So, I did several circuits of my block today with Drifters on.

With the Crossmarks on, it takes me on average, 3'10" per lap, of the block. With the Drifters on it took me, on average, 2'15" for a lap. A huge difference.

Tomorrow I'll give the drifters a hit-out on steep dirt. I'm looking for a tyre, that can cope with the fire trails of the Great Dividing Range, but not bog me down like the Crossmarks have each time I've needed to get back onto the tarmac. It is a suck-it and-see tyre selection at this stage. I'm always looking for an advantage.

A Crossmark on the rear and a Rendez up front.

The Drifters. The Drifters have an inverted tread and they've some sort of puncture proofing layer. They are quick.

I'll suss-out the Drifter on steeper dirt tomorrow, and probably loose it and stack. I'm used to stacking, it is something about my lack of technique.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 11-17-2013 at 01:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I left my bike locked in the garage today and went sailing. It was the last race of the season (i.e. until the first weekend in January). We salvaged a second place.

29ers Forever
    My Schwinn didn't want to shift in the front up to the third ring. I kept trying and trying to get it to shift. It ended up with the chain crossing and wrapped up over itself, and a cable that lost all tension.
    Ugh. I don't even want to fix it.

mtbr member
    Adjusted my stem and leveled out my saddle. Guess my LBS set it up incorrectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

mtbr member
    What'd I do today? Man, I got home from work (It was already dark) looked at it when I came in the door and wished I could go for a quick ride. Well, I couldn't. So I ordered some new grips. Not quite as thrilling as I would have liked, but kinda sorta. Hey, tomorrows Saturday! Nothing to dodge but bear hunters around here!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SocalTeknique View Post
    Went to pick up a pizza on my bike

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk 2
    What is your carry technique for pizza on a bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Went for a short cold ride this a.m. It was about 1F with the windchill. After the short ride I pitched in on a trail maintenance day. I built my first bridge and replaced a bridge that had collapsed.

Redcoat

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Cleaned the Spark. Some people hate cleaning their bikes don't know what it is but I absolutely love it.
    Love thy bicycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29ers Forever
    Had a short short snow ride. The wind and already cold temperatures made it miserable, and ice froze onto my bike almost instantly. I tried to take pictures, but the wind and cold made it near impossible. Winter has come!.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not been out to ride this week.. But I did buy a few things. I got some Tenn Rage pants so I have something warmer for winter to wear other than shorts. Some Lake shoes again better than my old Sidi's for winter and finally because some of the trails are quite rough I got a Shimano XT Shadow+ rear mech to try and stop some of the chain slap and going to mate it with my SRAM X7 shifters if I can to work with the 9 speed cassette on my Orange Crush. Got a ride sorted for Thursday so I hope at least the shoes and pants arrive in time for that. I will have the weekend to set up the rear mech...