1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Rode the Keysville race course today.

mtbr member
    first ride today! jordan parkway in allentown (any pa members?). fell off it. smiled. got muddy. rode some more, then my front derailluer took a dump on me and i decided to go home.

mtbr member
    Rode in a huge pointless loop on a sidewalk for some 30 minutes, on my way back to home nearly crashed into some guy on a hardtail while going into a blind corner, nearly as in 6 or so feet.
    phew.
    The New guy!

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-usery-shot-2-2-22-13.jpg

Rode some nice desert loops right after work in 65 degree weather

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGiant View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Usery Shot 2 2-22-13.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	774612

Rode some nice desert loops right after work in 65 degree weather

wish i had some trails like that around here. trees and mountains are fun, but i'd like to do a desert ride one day, Moab, Utah to be specific

ordered me a new front hub, and waiting for all my goodies to come from mail so i can get back on my bike. its been since November since i got to ride due to cold weather and broken bike and poorness.

mtbr member
    Rode about 11 miles worth of bandit trail and single track... couple of fun drops and a gnarly little section on the bandit... FUN DAY!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    First post on the forums, but hit some local dirt jumps, Managed to grow some balls and attempt the first couple on the bigger track, was successful and the left the track with smiles. Was a good day in New Zealand

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Can't say I did anything special, but I did ride the long dirty road to starbucks which has a few drops and rutted areas!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a few loops of a local trail, was windy but the trail is protected so it was a nice ride.
     photo 20130224_114139_zpse18e5f6a.jpg
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

turtles make me hot
    Attempted a fire road ride today but any and all trails are like soup. Ended up doing a paved ride with my 8 year old son , three co workers and a dog.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Tuned the wifes Giant Cypress, and got her out on a bike path today. She can power that thing. Going to make it a regular thing for her.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Put in 12 miles on my favorite local trail

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-pano_20130223_155303.jpgatrascadero, CA

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I picked up some new headlights for the wife and a new jersey. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We loaded up the kids and did a short ride on the local river trail before work. Loved every minute of it!

turtles make me hot
    Rode on dirt for the first time in a month.
    I like turtles

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Took the sled out for a test ride with the new fork. Only 8 miles. Loving it!

mtbr member
    Installed a new rear tire, gonna take it out for a ride tomorrow.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img0033ry.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Took my son (8 y.o.) out riding, teensy bit of singletrack, mostly paved rail-trail, a bit of wood chip trail (turned to slop by construction equipment using it right after a recent deluge, which he didn't enjoy at all), lots of fun.

mtbr member
    Rode around my neighborhood and practiced weelies.

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    I rode mine up and down the paved bench roads here in town--the trails are still too snowy/muddy to ride.

But the lower ones might be ready in a week if the current weather holds ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    cane creek headset came in mail. rock shox sektor fork and sette 20mm hub got here few days back and my extra hangers are showing on the ups tracker to be here tomorrow. christmas is coming early for me this year

future upgrades are going to hydro brakes and possibly a dropper seat post just for the heck of it.

mtbr member
    I rode my '96 Klein Attitude along the canal to Kiwanis Park today. I'm just getting back into riding and the 12 miles I rode seemed about right. The old Marathon fork seems to be in need of new seals but the Spinergy Spox wheels are still going strong.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Brought it home last night! rode it to work today. Mostly on pavement, but took it up some on some of the canal banks, but the sand was too soft and I need to get in better shape! :P

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I went on a ride for the first time in a while. Enjoyed the "dry" weather here in Seattle while I was riding, only like 3 small mud spots. Good times.
    2006 Specialized FSRxc / 2006 Redline Conquest / 2009 Specialized Allez
    Gone: 2002 Specialized Big Hit / 2004 Kona Stinky

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I lubed em' all up and took them for a quick spin. Getting ready for vacation!

Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast