• 10-13-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Rode about 1 mile at the ATV trails at my house. Steep, leaf covered climbs challenged my 34T crank, but I prevailed.
  • 10-13-2013
    Kryptoroxx
    Buddy of mine took me down project x in idylwild today. I promptly parked my carcass in a couple of nasty thornbushes after doing a mid air somersault. Found out what a trail bike is all about though. Amazing time!!

stamped and snail mailed
  • 10-13-2013
    DailyGuy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Congrats on the new bike.

Thanks. Probably rode it 20 miles since yesterday with my family. Nothing exciting path yet, since I'm cruising with the kids and wife. But need to experiment soon and find a group to tag-along with.
  • 10-15-2013
    PedalDangit
    Had my first high(ish) speed crash. I was on a fast descending part of my local trails, feeling good, going about as fast or faster than I've ever done this particular section. Not even sure how I lost control. I think my rear tire just lost grip coming out of a turn. I got squirrely, and went into a tree on the right edge of the trail. Hit my right hand/handlebar first then my right shoulder hit the tree hard. That sent me tumbling over to the left of the trail. My bike followed and overtook me landing on the opposite side, but not before smacking my head mid tumble. I sat up a little shaken, but not too bad off. I could tell my bell had been rung pretty good and my helmet is cracked. Got a little tree rash on the shoulder. Finished my ride with no issues. Now I'm super sore in different parts of my body, but I think I came out pretty good, considering. And most importantly, the bike is fine!
  • 10-15-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    16mile ride to the bank and back right before lunch. I call feel my strength and endurance getting better from the past two weeks. Loving it...
  • 10-15-2013
    Borgbox
    Testing a new tire through thirty miles of trails after tossing one I couldn't trust.
  • 10-17-2013
    NordieBoy
    New ESI Chunky grips and new bearings in the front wheel.

Had to make a tool to get the bearings in...
  • 10-17-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Rode my 29er and my 26er fast on a gravel oval at the top of my driveway. The F9 is better suited to fast tight riding like that.
    Oh, and I test rode a Salsa El Mariachi. Too bad it was $1300 or I would have actually really wanted it bad, not sort of bad.
  • 10-17-2013
    askibum02
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?
    Put Ergon grips on. Me likey.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
  • 10-17-2013
    NordieBoy
    Pulled 100ml of oil from my SID Race forks.
    Put 94ml back in.

Hopefully it'll get closer to the magic 100mm travel now.
  • 10-17-2013
    JAVillapando
    Changed out my tubes and tires on my Iron Horse Sport
  • 10-18-2013
    swagbrdr
    Switched to tubeless last night and went for an urban ride today. Love the switch!
  • 10-18-2013
    JAVillapando
    Sounds great.
  • 10-18-2013
    *OneSpeed*
    went out for a ride this morning with the intention of stopping by the LBS for some minor repairs only to find out he was out of town and forgot to leave a note on the door. oops. so i rode 27 miles in the wind and mud, got home and gave the bike a bath. still a good day!
  • 10-18-2013
    JAVillapando
    Went for a 5.4 mile ride around Benicia State Park this morning. It was a good little ride. Soon I will be up to longer rides. Tomorrow I will be out to Castro Valley Lake Chabot trail in the SF Bay Area with some other riders.
  • 10-18-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Worked on my SIL's bike today. Put more Stan's juice and worked on her brakes. I get to ride again tomorrow.
  • 10-19-2013
    *OneSpeed*
    Rode today, 16 miles, discovered there is a funny noise click/crunch/grind coming from the pedals/BB. somewhat worrying, can't wait for my new bike to arrive tuesday! nice day for a ride, here are a few pics of the trail.
  • 10-19-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BENKD29 View Post
    Rode today, 16 miles, discovered there is a funny noise click/crunch/grind coming from the pedals/BB. somewhat worrying, can't wait for my new bike to arrive tuesday! nice day for a ride, here are a few pics of the trail.

What is the new bike?
  • 10-19-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    12 miles against a north wind today. Fighting a nose full of snot the whole way.
  • 10-20-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Rode 12.5 miles over at Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT. By 2/3 of the way done, I found one set of trails (River Run, Violet's Outback) that were fast downhill and epic. The climb back up River Walk was not epic :(. But still a record ride for me this season.
  • 10-21-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Gave my bike a break today and took the family to Enchanted Rock State Park. Did a couple of thousand feet of hiking/climbing. Legs are mush this morning. Working on a deal for a rigid fork for my Niner.
  • 10-21-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Added a Raceface Respond 60mm stem to my Cobia.
    After a lot of trouble, I finally worked it out and the bike rides better.
  • 10-21-2013
    coot271
    New Charge Spoon saddle......replaced my bent-railed Forte Pro SL.
  • 10-21-2013
    tuffguy
    Built my new (to me) bike with my first dropper post (RS Reverb). Took it for a quick test ride on a local trail and realized I've been missing out by not having the dropper! also, new bike = awesome.
  • 10-23-2013
    cazman72
    1 Attachment(s)
    Spent a couple hours this morning on Hawes Trail
  • 10-23-2013
    alphajaguars
    Picked it up from the shop and got some snivel gear.

Got a 6 hour race this weekend.
  • 10-23-2013
    fishwrinkle
    Rode to the doctors for a UA. LOL
  • 10-23-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?
    Finally found a rigid fork for my Niner...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
  • 10-24-2013
    morepower
    As I was doing a little bit of carbon work anyway I made up a quick rear mech protector. I will fine tune it a little more then make a proper mould so I can make a nice strong pre-preg carbon one as I do tend to clatter off anything in range when I am out....

• 10-24-2013
    alphajaguars
    Got a refund for the 6 hour race.

It's been cancelled. :(
  • 10-24-2013
    drew840
    installed my new Easton riser bars and ODI locking grips, first upgrades on my new FS ride. Next will be new pedals, still not sure what I want...
  • 10-24-2013
    Bruce in SoCal
    I rode my 26 inch hardtail out in the desert. The weather was great, the trail was mostly flat except that it has been torn up by 4x4s and the weather. I got a lot of practice in lose, and sometimes deep sand.
  • 10-25-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    2 Attachment(s)
    Got my Rigid fork today in the mail. Goes on tomorrow.
  • 10-26-2013
    JAVillapando
    Just installed some new Shimano 24 SPEED Shifter Brake Lever EZ FIRE PLUS ef51, both 3 and 8. Working very good and now I can get out again.
  • 10-26-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    1 Attachment(s)
    Now she sits at a crisp 19.11 lbs...Ready to rock baby!
  • 10-26-2013
    JAVillapando
    Nice
  • 10-27-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Rode approximately 6 miles over at Pine Hill Park. Started out on a nice normal climb, but the first switchbacks were a little awkward, as the trails are covered in wet leaves. The climb over the rock garden was fine, as was the climb up to the Overlook. Did great on Overlook and the suspension bridge, I went faster than ever before. Climbed and descended Jersey Turnpike well, but on Strong Angel my pedal hit a tall rock I was climbing, I lost all of my speed, and I fell a good meter onto the ground. What hurt the most was when the bike landed on me, not the ground.
    My computer was last at 189.90, but with the battery dieing, I had to take it off. So I am guessing 195 miles total this season.
  • 10-27-2013
    alphajaguars
    Went out and got in a ride on some "un-named" local trails.

Threw my back out on a climb. Not a jump, not a log pile, but a freaking climb. :(
  • 10-27-2013
    Jack Archer
    Went out for the first time in three months. Slow. Very slow, but fun. Literally had to force myself to get out. Dont know why I suddenly lost interest in riding. I still love to ride I realized today.

Took a short break. Put my Osprey pack down to rest for a minute, and within seconds it was covered in fire ants. I didnt see that fire ant mound right there. Throwing my pack on the ground, beating it, shouting profanities at ants, not getting any rest at all. Got them all off after a few minutes. Or so I thought. Decided to abort mission and ride more and rest later when I felt two stings on my neck. They are now ground into a million fine pieces. A few got my foot, and one pretty far up my thigh. Jerks. Left foot itches the most.

Rest of the ride was standard procedure though. Definitely riding more now. Ive gotten quite a bit of belly and its just now starting to get to a temperature thats lower than the surface of the sun. Have to work some of that off.
  • 10-27-2013
    *OneSpeed*
    Went to local MTB park for the first time today since getting my new bike last week. started in the skills/practice area till i felt comfortable and started picking up speed. after 30 min. or so i noticed the front wheel was coming loose! got it tightened down and checked a few other things for anything out of place, all was well so i went on to some more serious ST trails.

that was cool, some very challenging terrain. Only one tree jumped in front of me, and i only went over the handlebars once so i consider today a success. :) 3 hours later my legs were fried and i still had to ride home 10 miles.

Here are a few pics of the ride home.
    Attachment 842190Attachment 842191Attachment 842192
  • 10-27-2013
    slapheadmofo
    20 miles or so of techy goodness at the NEMBA Wicked Ride of the East.
    Great event.
  • 10-28-2013
    morepower
    4 Attachment(s)
    Fine tuned my rear mech protector... I should have been riding but have been too busy with work to get out... So little time was spent doing this and getting it ready for moulding.
    Attachment 842350
    I also added a little twist to the shape to help push obstacles to one side if it brushes against anything..

Attachment 842352
    This is with the rear mech at its most outward position so most of the time it will not be this far outward but even so it will still get some protection.

Attachment 842356
    Now ready to be moulded...
    Attachment 842357
  • 10-28-2013
    Hooch
    picked my bike up from getting it fixed after another bike shops dodgy repairs to my front wheel after I bent it marshelling during a 25hr race. the original shop supposedly fixed it. until it squeaked like crazy. took it to a bike shop local to work and he grabbed the wheel and moved it. the flex in it was stupid, the checked the spokes and a third of them where loose. it was shocking. Still all fixed now and ready to rock n ruin
  • 10-28-2013
    In-Yo-Grill
    Dude...can you post bigger pics please...
  • 10-28-2013
    morepower
    Quote:

Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Dude...can you post bigger pics please...

The site automatically sizes them I think... lol..
  • 10-28-2013
    chuckeieio
    1 Attachment(s)
    Second week on my new soft tail. So far it works great. I've decided to keep the hard tail and switch back and forth next season.

Attachment 842349
  • 10-28-2013
    morepower
    3 Attachment(s)
    Not happy with my rear mech protector so made a mock up of a MK2 version... I will have a go at making a mould for it tomorrow.

Attachment 842534
    Attachment 842535
    Attachment 842536

I was not happy with the twist and I really wanted to protect the cable too.. So as I am making it why compromise??
  • 10-28-2013
    drew840
    Rode a mellow 12.4 miles today climbing 2,217 ft. total. Think I found my new training spot, next I'm working on hitting around 20 miles with around 4k feet of climbing. I guess I would hit it if I just did two loops !!
  • 10-28-2013
    CannondaleF9
    Bike Computer said 187+6= 193
    Max. Speed= 49.5mph on a 45mph road!
  • 10-28-2013
    Settertude
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just got a fat bike. A new Kona WO. The maiden ride was yesterday and I had a blast.
    Today after work, I began the blue bling process.
    Bright blue duct tape back to back and under the rubber rim tape.
    Attachment 842557