Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    life is good!
    May 2012
    [QUOTE=abeckstead;9462421]This after riding 10mi with my wife and son yesterday. 6 personal records, on a loop that was everything from flowing single track to black diamonds... Up and down.]

What app is that!!! And does it work if you don't have service?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Let's see today i, uhh.. had to patch up a tube for my diamondback and sitting inside looking at this forum while it's raining outside. Gosh it sucks

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Rode the Calverton trail for the first time. Took my 7yr old son. 8.5 miles of single track. He did great.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yesterday: 35 miles of gravel
    Today: 5 miles of singletrack before getting chased out of the woods by a thunderstorm.

Good weekend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i havent rode in two weeks now i think. all i've done is work. a new Fox float fork is in my future sooner than i thought it would be though for sure

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Nothing today or for the next week or so. I put my bike in the shop yesterday for some minor overhauls and gear change out. New Stem, Tubeless tires, and brake overhaul.

Cant wait to jam when I get it back

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I put a 29er 51mm offset 100mm travel fork on my 11 Wahoo that has 26" wheels just to see the difference. It's fun having extra parts laying around.

mtbr member
    Rode some of the Slaughter Pen Trails in AR. Got air for the first time since I started riding again in the free ride area
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpledesign View Post
    Rode some of the Slaughter Pen Trails in AR. Got air for the first time since I started riding again in the free ride area
    Those trails are only about an hour from me. I've never ridden them though. I need to get up there.

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    I did a 10 mi road ride in the rain on my SS. Raining all day, no trails open. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Nice cool ride, and the Geax Barro Race tires stick like glue on the wet pavement.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiream400 View Post
    Those trails are only about an hour from me. I've never ridden them though. I need to get up there.
    2 hour drive for me....was worth it

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a full cleaning from the other days ride, replaced a back tire that got cut somehow on yesterdays ride, tube was starting to pop out between the threads. for those that wonder about how to clean some parts of you bike, i'll show you my ways

to clean the casseettes and the teeth on them. i took an old shoe lace, wraped it around each one and pinched it at bottom then spin the crank to make the cassette rotate.

to hit the teeth more and really get them clean, i took a wire coat hanger and old shirt and put hanger in shirt and made a fan like shape and use the edge of it to stick in and wiggle around at diff angles to clean them as best as i can.

Untitled by Edirty6, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yesterday I bought a new 2013 Trek Mamba at my local bike shop. Then I went riding in the neighborhood with my daughter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-trek_specialized.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

My First MTB in 20 years

Havent owned a bike since 8th grade. Picked this one up on CL. I wanted a large frame (im 6"2) with quality componenets.

Specs:
    Frame Transition TransAm
    Shock Fox Talas 32
    Drive Train SRAM XO (anodized orange)
    Brakes Avid Elixer Carbon w/ Code 5 levers
    Crankset Shimano XTR
    Wheels SunRingle MTX33 on Revolution 32 hubs
    Tires Purgatory set up tubless

Bike is a little heavier than I would like, but it should be good to learn on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

New (to me) Cannondale F5

Picked up a minty fresh '11 Cannondale F5 for a song off Craigslist. Rock Shoxs Dart 3, SRAM components. Matte black finish. Perfect starter bike for me to get back into the game. Anyone know how difficult it is to switch out springs in the fork? Im a little bigger than the original equipment wants to handle.

mtbr member
    I tried to best my time on a local downhill segment...

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345654384.566541.jpg

Missed my best time by 11 seconds...even after crashing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fiream400 View Post
    I looked at my bikes hanging in the garage as I walked to my car and went to work.
    Rode my bike into work, arrived 45 minutes late, thankfully it's a relaxed job environment.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Trued my roommate's front rotor with a crescent wrench and a sock.

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by JibbaJam View Post
    Havent owned a bike since 8th grade. Picked this one up on CL. I wanted a large frame (im 6"2) with quality componenets.

Specs:
    Frame Transition TransAm
    Shock Fox Talas 32
    Drive Train SRAM XO (anodized orange)
    Brakes Avid Elixer Carbon w/ Code 5 levers
    Crankset Shimano XTR
    Wheels SunRingle MTX33 on Revolution 32 hubs
    Tires Purgatory set up tubless

Bike is a little heavier than I would like, but it should be good to learn on.
    What do you mean "good to learn on"? That is an awesome bike, you should be proud!
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Cow Clicker
    I went really fast until something got in my way. Then I turned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Got the crank put back into my SS i'm building. Woot!!

the8thfold
    Aug 2012
    got a new bike last week and hit the single track for the first time since high school. i'm nowhere near where i was 8 years ago, but love it even more than i did then! Man is nice to be back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    wanting to try single speeding so i have set my bike in 32/16 and cranked away for 2 days. I figured this would be a good test for me. so far so good. A little tough off the line and up hills but i really like the simplicity. I think a bike weighing 22-23 lbs vs mine at 30 would be even easier. decisions; decisions.

mtbr member
    A few days ago I got my order from chain reaction cycles and installed my new bars and stem. And then today I felt bored and decided to take a quick spin around the neighborhood.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I had my first Clipless experience today when I got my brand new shoes and TIme ATAC Alium pedals in the mail. I installed them and road around the neighborhood. It's going to take some getting use to. Can't wait for the trails though!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Devils Den out here in Northwest Arkansas. pretty fun ride, little chossy for my tastes though. There was one section that had some shale rollers that you could come barreling over and throw shale bits all over the place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0375.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I rode 10.2 miles. 6 of which was soaking wet and raining. Too much fun! Had mud and dirt all over my face. Was awesome!

mtbr member
    I picked up my first real MTB from my LBS today! (pics on the other threads)
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Absolutely pinned my local trail. Fastest, flowiest, best run ever on it! Zero foot-downs!

mtbr member
    rode the Pugs fat bike on muddy singletrack.
    Holy heck, that was fun!!!! Muddy grins from ear to ear. Passed quite a few bikers that had to get off and walk thru some pretty sticky sections, not foot downs for me though

I saw:
    a mama deer with a spotted baby deer. a fat & happy beaver that I probably scared the crud out of, he took off like a beaver outta he LL.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Put a saddlebag on and then rode 5 miles at a new trail right by my house

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Had to go to work to catch up on the backlog of jobs. Light rain today but decided to try & ride my bike to the office for the first time. Only about 10 miles round trip, but it sure made the drudgery of working on Saturday a little less annoying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Rode a few miles of singletrack thru the park right next to home. Saw a bunch of deer and explored some new trails I'd not been on before - I still get turned around and confused with all the trails there.

Was coming up a hill where the trail curved to the right and didn't have enough speed. Fell inside the turn, up the hill, at least. Got my left foot stuck in the pedal and put a huge whelp on my left leg and some pretty impressive chainring tattoo on my right inside thigh.

Lot better experience than my last wreck. I'm married now and had my wife at home to help me clean up and nurse my wounds.

On wuss patrol
    Washed and lubed. Did some wheelies in the driveway.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I rode about 5 miles round trip to Walgreens to pick up some things :-).

I was originally going to drive, but riding my bike there early on a sunny August morning was far more appealing and enjoyable!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

local trails rider
    Waited for the rain shower to end.
    Also, hoped I hadn't left the rear fender at home.

(no, it wasn't a trail ride and it wasn't the bike I usually take to trails)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-26082012947_p.jpg  

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

no trees are safe
    Swapped the tyres and went for a ride. Mountainkings II skid much easier than I expected when you're making a fast descend... But I'm alright.

mtbr member
    I stopped practicing wheelies after I went to clipped. Today I clipped in rode circles in the backyard practicing again with better brake control to prevent falls. But there where still plenty to be had.

mtbr member
    Went out to Belle Isle, went through some trails there, made a couple laps around the small isle, and found they they have a skills area, which is kind of like a bike playground, and had a blast in there.

Realized I still can't do a bunny hop, also.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I rode for 3 hours on Friday, 2-1/2 yesterday both with about 2500 ft climbs and I was just short of juice today so I did a nice and easy ride at UC in Santa Cruz

mtbr member
    First trail ride clipless this afternoon. Felt like a different bike. Rode 11 miles, some of it techy with little room for error. Felt good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Did you do any practicing before going on this ride Clipless? I am contemplating it but not sure if I am ready to let go of these easy platform pedals

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arjan View Post
    Did you do any practicing before going on this ride Clipless? I am contemplating it but not sure if I am ready to let go of these easy platform pedals
    A quick jont around out in front of my house and 2 miles of flat easy dirt road practicing clipping in and out most the way. Once on the trail I felt way more solid on the bike. Feet stay instead of lifting off the pedals on rough stuff. I still need to practice falling in my back yard as I'm sure it's bound to happen. Lol. Good luck with it if you decide to convert.
    Last edited by Gettintheretoy; 08-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Opps double post
    Last edited by Gettintheretoy; 08-27-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Double post

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by arjan View Post
    When I was a kid learning to clip in and out, I did bike stands in the grass and would let myself get past the point of pedaling away. A bike stand is when you come to a complete stop and try to keep the bike upright ( for as long as possible) while stopped with both brakes engaged.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    When I was a kid learning to clip in and out, I did bike stands in the grass and would let myself get past the point of pedaling away. A bike stand is when you come to a complete stop and try to keep the bike upright ( for as long as possible) while stopped with both brakes engaged.
    Thanks for the post. I've been riding clip less for a month now but can alway use new tips

mtbr member

Hope

Tropical storm Isaac has kept me from riding for a few days now....
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT and a Norco Threshold SL with Di2

mtbr member
    Took her for her first spin around the neighborhood about 8miles, a few hills practicing my gear changes but it was a great work out...... soon I'll hit up the trails.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

Chamois Dropper
    Worked in the Isaac weather today , then put a bashwich on my buddies C-Dale. Started changing out his worn out Shimanos for my Elixir 3s (hey they're free). Got in some Straitline spacers and played with my stack height.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Upgraded my elixir5 to xt, installed reverb, straighted rotor and adjusted my cables. The heckler is looking good. The weekend can't come fast enough

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Picked up my SS from the shop today (New brakes and tubeless set up) and took it to the trails. Made a lap and a portion of a second. Came around a curve shortly after the second lap and hopped a really small bump on the trail. Landed and immediately pinched flatted the front tire and supermanned over the bars when the front tire dug in the soft dirt.

IM ALL RIGHT! as my daughter would say. Back to shop and back to drawing board.

On wuss patrol
    Had the best trail ride I've had in a long time. Rode 14 miles round trip from my house to the local dirt, felt fast and loose, made all the step ups, climbs and switchbacks...pretty much got the stoke goin' nicely! 1300 ft of climbing and I hardly felt it. Cross season training is paying. Wait, this is in the Beginner's Corner?
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

no trees are safe
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMacMan View Post
    Came around a curve shortly after the second lap and hopped a really small bump on the trail. Landed and immediately pinched flatted the front tire and supermanned over the bars when the front tire dug in the soft dirt.
    How do you pinch flat a tubeless tyre on a front wheel?! what pressures do you run?

Today I did a few laps on a local trail while exploring the behavior of my new tyres. Got harassed by a by a giant dog while his macho man owner slowly walked towards me holding a chain leash... Other than that it was quite fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I rode 18 miles on bike path with my FSR.
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Rode 20km fitness route in a street.

the8thfold
    Aug 2012
    so an exciting day... when for our first official "family bike ride." pulled the bikes off the rack, opened the trunk to get the trailer, and for some unknown reason my wife let go of the trunk lid (still holding the bike trailer) and CRASH!!!! broke the back window out of the car with the safety stop from the bike rack.... turned into a 12 mile trek home for me to get the other car.... then we went on the bike ride. sigh.... cant put a price on a memory like that.....

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    How do you pinch flat a tubeless tyre on a front wheel?! what pressures do you run?

Today I did a few laps on a local trail while exploring the behavior of my new tyres. Got harassed by a by a giant dog while his macho man owner slowly walked towards me holding a chain leash... Other than that it was quite fun.
    I was running fairly low. Not sure of exact pressure. I say pinch flat, but that's incorrect. I popped the seal between the rim and the tire when I landed and got pitched forward.

mtbr member
    I'm getting ready for my maiden voyage on my new 29er ss. Never had a ss or a 29er, so this should be good. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Ride Every Day

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Got a quick 40 minute ride in this morning before work, on a new trail in my area. Nice and flowy with excellent elevation changes going in both directions so it was a great workout. After being off the bike for a few months, I give myself a High "C" on bike handling around trees and picking out good lines to make it up the hills.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I spent most of the day trying to figure out why my tool to remove my crank wasn't working properly. Guess I should have read the little sidebar in my book that said if I have spindled cranks I might need a different tool.

On wuss patrol
    Grabbed a few tools, strapped them together and rode out to couple spots to do a couple hours of work on my local trails. As a trail steward, it was a nice day to give back a little.

mtbr member
    Its my commuter until I can get a donated cross bike up and running. So I rode it to my first day of grad school.

Picture Unrelated
    New tires means the bike gets a bath, the cleanest it's been since it came out of the box!

Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    Spent the afternoon dialing in my Avid BB5's
    "To expand your comfort zone, you have to leave it."

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Let's see, I only went 10 miles today but saw 2 beautiful lakes and enjoying mother nature, much better than staying at home I supposed.
    2012 Diamondback Overdrive

mtbr member
    12 Mile ride (round trip) on my new Moto instead of a loaner - in Carbon Canyon (Chino CA) beginner trail but had a blast she behaved really well, we run into a of Coyote, and thought I took a pic. but somehow he didn't come out Really liking this sport.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Reprogramming my brain to go from toe clips to clipless, rode yesterday and all went fine on greenways....today 5 miles of singletrack 2 awesome falls and I tucked tail and went to the car.

Prior to today it had been a few years since I actually fell off, and that was from a broken chain on a steep incline.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Got my new Deore derailleur from Amazon, day and a half wait with their free shipping which I thought was excellent. Gotta figure on how to install without breaking the chain.

mtbr member
    After being a road biker for many years, I pulled out my old Cannondale Jekyll this week, and got a ride-along attachment for my son. Our first trip out on it today. Did an easy 5 miles on the closed Rt 202 bypass near us. Had a blast, and hope to hit something with a trail tomorrow.

However, being a new user here on mtbr, it won't let me post a pic of it yet.

I AM I AM
    Finished building it up.

Edit
    I'm not a beginner but haven't really been out on the trails hardly in the last year or two (since trying DH and then pretty much giving up mtb)

Today now that I have a mtb again I've finally hit the dirt, (well rode the 15km to town where some of the trails are and 15km to get back home again).

Was fun!

Last edited by ducktape; 09-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I put a water bottle cage on my bike today. Then went for a quick ride up the road.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    New tires means the bike gets a bath, the cleanest it's been since it came out of the box!
    That my friend, is a piece of art.

mtbr member
    10 miles at Bonelli Park (San Dimas CA) much tougher (for me) than yesterdays' ride still struggling a bit with shifting and got a bit intimidated with a rocky descent but chuck it up to more experience it was a blast after all
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Did a 35 mile road ride on my Marin MTB. Got a flat about 12 miles in, luckily it was right in front of the beach so I had some nice scenery to look at while I fixed my tire.I knew carrying levers, patches, and a pump was going to pay off sooner or later. Although the Kenda Kross's I just put on a few weeks ago came off nice and easy, I didn't actually need the levers. I knew with that center slick tread I'd be getting a flat sooner or later. It just happened to be sooner!

Also, this is my longest road ride to date, and I felt great afterwards.

Looking forward to doing 40 next time!

mtbr member
    Took the bike out again and the Pro Pilot attachment for my young son. He did awesome today. We covered 10 miles on the Forbidden Drive trail.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Hi, I'm new and this is my first official post....

Thursday 7/30
    Decided to get back into cycling.

Friday 7/31
    Bought used 99 Klein Mantra Comp at great price...i have full intention of updating/restoring it to its former glory.
    Rode it a little...my butt hurts. Saddle is way too hard for my old butt.

Saturday 9/1
    Rebuilt front Manitou SX fork. Revalved and refilled with thicker oil to get the feel I wanted.

Sunday 9/2
    Realigned front derailleur... still not happy...think its the trigger shift at fault. Rebuilt Manitou preload adjuster for front shock - it was stuck when I got it. Installed new gel saddle to save my ass from more pain.
    Adjusted rear shock pressure....I'm starting to suspect a leak in the Fox Float R rear shock.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shibiwan; 09-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Beat my previous best time by 3 minutes on the Lawrence River trail in Jayhawk country. Chatted up some fellow riders for a bit, then took a second loop... And was only a minute off my previous best. The stamina must be improving.

mtbr member
    Got bit by my chain rings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1346636094702.jpg  

mtbr member
    Rode around town with my wife and kids. Got almost three inches of rain in the last 36 hours, so no singletrack for me this long weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    9.75 miles in 56 minutes on a local xc course

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Cool Thread, I replaced my mom's old rigid fork on her rockhopper with a classic Manitou sxti came out awesome she loves it. I would post pics but I don't have my ten posts yet.

the8thfold
    Aug 2012
    found an unmarked and (as far is google is concerned) unknown in-town trail today.... don't know who put the time and money into it, but it was fun as hell... love having a bike that allows me to just explore... got to love this!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    not much attempted to fix my back brakes from squeaking but hit some jumps with a friend

I AM I AM
    Rode into town (15km from home) and had a coffee

I think it's probably been a year or more since I"ve hit the dirt, so finally some good riding!!

And then the long road home, didn't beat the rain back, got drenched but it was fun.

That was the first decent ride on this mtb, hopefully a lot more to follow....maybe next time I'll bundle it in the car (if it fits) and spend more time on the trails lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Changed my tyres. No pics not enough posts

mtbr member
    Rode on the C&O Canal in Maryland with my girlfriend.

mtbr member
    Went to the local park and rode around for about 2 hours through the trails in it.

Found a bunch of trails that had gotten kind of overgrown and not as easy to follow, but I was curious. Well, needless to say it got to the point that there wasn't anything distinguishable anymore, and... Ended up in the middle of the woods, and coming out on a part of town I've never been to.

Also, finally went through a rock garden today at speed. Even though it's not much different than a bunch of large roots jutting out, I guess it's just been the fear of knowing that rocks hurt worse than roots if you fall in them. And it's different doing it in a skills area, than out on a trail.

All in the meantime of waiting to get my new bike out and about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_20120903_170424.jpg  

2009 Mongoose Teocali Comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Took my new bike for a spin and discovered new secret areas in my neighborhood. I now have a great place to ride and just get away from it all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Went out for a family ride/picnic with my wife and my little man at our local state park, very tame trails but we did about 8 miles good workout and good tune up trip since we haven't been off road since May. Too hot down here for much off-roading the last few months.

Palmetto scrub trails lots' o 'sand.

Little man on the attack!

@trailgrinder
    Looked at in my garage calling my name; however, my back is blown so I couldn't ride.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Took my kid out for a 2 mile trail ride that took us to the local grocery store. Got some ice cream and rode back.

1/2 way back she said that her butt hurt (stupid non adjustable BMX seat that's all the rage these days) so my wife came to pick her up and I continued the trail ride back.

First trail ride in over 10 years. Guess I wasn't as unfit as I thought I was.

-S

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    enjoying the view......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-330101_429457143773256_2050122628_o.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-615189_429457507106553_5669830_o.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Pacifica, Ca

Gumnut Peddler
    New pads for the Juicy 7's arrived today, so will be installing them tonight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Took apart platform pedals for the first time. Cleaned and re-greased the ball bearings, with no troubles (thanks YouTube).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not my own bike but just picked up a diamondback mini cruiser bmx for my 7 year old (outgrew his hotwheels 16") used and tore down the hubs and regreased them, put on on new break cable, tightened up the loose headset, made a few other adjustments on think it is now ready for his first bmx race that he is driving me nuts about doing.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Getting a view of the coast
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20120907_135046.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20120907_134710.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Took my new bike out for the 2nd time, and checked out some trails I had never been too before. A good time, but a little rocky. First time on the trail clipless, too. Did okay, only fell over twice.

One knee is a bit sore, but the bike took the brunt of it....snapped the rear brake lever in half. She's not new and pretty anymore!!!! LOL

Didn't bother me in the least actually.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I took mine for my first ride in about 20 years. Its not quite how I remember....

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    ^^but it was worth it wasn't it

im in the market for new forks at the moment. tried a drop off that's been scaring me for longest time and landed it, but forks got wobbly, and after further inspection. the bottom of them kinda mushroomed out and Stanchions rock back and forth in the lowers part really bad and its prob not safe to ride on considering i ride fast and my front brakes do a lot of my stopping.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 15