• 07-06-2012
    Edirty6
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 65mph12 View Post
    I went out to Sweetwater Reservoir for the first time and fell off my bike. Got pretty banged up too. Much more to see there, so I'll be back.

    when you say sweetwater, do you mean TN? i'll be heading up there this weekend for "the lost sea" and to do some riding.
  • 07-06-2012
    Simpledesign
    I adjusted levers, brakes, grips, and handlebars....but it's so easier on my wrists to ride now :)
  • 07-06-2012
    Acerty
    I did my usual ride today after my left leg healed a bit from my last crash (Stupid mistake on my part). I've been trying to practice my cornering on a local trail thats pretty straight forward and not too technical, just alot of up and down hill with roots and bigger rocks strewn about. Also a simple water crossing, well about 1.5 miles from home (its an 8 or 9 mile ride) I round the last major corner faster than I normally would feeling confident that I'm getting better. Then I realize this is the corner with the big rut running from the center of the corner to the edge of the track. Naturally right on the line I picked for myself causing me to panic break on both levers. I then lost control of the bike, and next thing I know I'm picking my head up out of the dirt. Pretty sure I endo'd but not really sure, I don't remember what happened between losing control and picking my face off the ground. When I got back up my bike was leaning against a tree which I found odd. Far as I know I was the only one out there today. Anyway, I got up laughed a bit and then got upset at myself for panicing like that and not just changing my line and forgetting that rut. Second time it got me, first time it caused me to wipe out.
  • 07-06-2012
    SDKmann
    Picked up a new trail map and tried out a pretty awesome, although flat, XC trail for the first time. Its the perfect place to get practice done for the more technical trails I ride. Unfortunately it resulted in my first flat on a tire I literally had purchased an hour earlier, but having new trails to ride on is great.
  • 07-06-2012
    TiGeo
    22 mile ride this morning..no stops..felt great!
  • 07-06-2012
    Edirty6
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Acerty View Post
    I did my usual ride today after my left leg healed a bit from my last crash (Stupid mistake on my part). I've been trying to practice my cornering on a local trail thats pretty straight forward and not too technical, just alot of up and down hill with roots and bigger rocks strewn about. Also a simple water crossing, well about 1.5 miles from home (its an 8 or 9 mile ride) I round the last major corner faster than I normally would feeling confident that I'm getting better. Then I realize this is the corner with the big rut running from the center of the corner to the edge of the track. Naturally right on the line I picked for myself causing me to panic break on both levers. I then lost control of the bike, and next thing I know I'm picking my head up out of the dirt. Pretty sure I endo'd but not really sure, I don't remember what happened between losing control and picking my face off the ground. When I got back up my bike was leaning against a tree which I found odd. Far as I know I was the only one out there today. Anyway, I got up laughed a bit and then got upset at myself for panicing like that and not just changing my line and forgetting that rut. Second time it got me, first time it caused me to wipe out.

    i feel you man, the trails around my area have rain ruts all through them and it can throw you off. in fact, that was my first wreck on my mountain bike. just got the bike, found the trails, went out for a ride, No helmet. i hit that rut trying to lean into, which i now know is called Railing, and wheel shifted on me and sent me over. Got real lucky i rolled between two trees and only my ankle slapped the tree, and took my shoe off. haha
  • 07-06-2012
    mountainbiker118
    edirty6 that first pic is sweet man!
  • 07-06-2012
    Haplo
    Replaced the crap, stock pedals on my 2013 carve comp with Answer Rove pedals. Mucho bettero.
  • 07-06-2012
    Edirty6
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mountainbiker118 View Post
    edirty6 that first pic is sweet man!

    thanks man, i'll be heading out bright and early tomorrow morning to beat the heat, and i'll be sure to snap a lot more pics. East TN with the Sunrise is a awesome sight
  • 07-07-2012
    guberbot
    went out for my 1st ever trail ride...Cunningham park in NY- i crawled a couple of times on the "easiest" trail, obviously. had fun, but, it will take me awhile to go through a trail at any sort of decent riding speed.

    all good, though, as long as I can learn how to ride properly, which seems a bit of a trick doing it on my own and without any guidance. considering its been over 25 years since i rode a bicycle, especially.
  • 07-07-2012
    Edirty6
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
    Picked up a new trail map and tried out a pretty awesome, although flat, XC trail for the first time. Its the perfect place to get practice done for the more technical trails I ride. Unfortunately it resulted in my first flat on a tire I literally had purchased an hour earlier, but having new trails to ride on is great.

    did you put the tube in there your self? sounds like a pinch flat it you got one that early.

    i got up early, did some trails. and after 8 miles was done. few pics along the way.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8001/7...9c887b0d_b.jpg

    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7...c903e8da_b.jpg

    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8291/7...fb19a5d5_b.jpg


    ended up with a flat tire when i got home, not sure how because it was fine all the way on the trails.
  • 07-07-2012
    kendobari
    I dusted mine off after returning from 2 years in the Peace Corps! :D
  • 07-07-2012
    bobalini
    went for a quick ride on a trail near chesebro by my house to test out my new "used" bike.
  • 07-07-2012
    vibroluxious
    Turned dust and sweat into mud.........100 degrees in Ohio is just wrong!
  • 07-07-2012
    rmb_flare2010
    did a big ol' tune up yesterday, getting a very late start on the season due to the birth of our daughter, only really able to ride before work now at 4:30 am, got 10k in though :)
  • 07-08-2012
    hwtan68
  • 07-08-2012
    Edirty6
    ^ im thinking i might give clipless another try. i had them for 3 weeks and after having a few spills in technical sections at my local trails(very,very,very rocky) and not being able to get out of them in time, i went back to platforms. planning on buying some DH pedals and some Five ten shoes and see if that helps keep me on them though, the reason i bought clipless was because i was slipping off pedals to much trying to pedal through and over the tech. stuff
  • 07-08-2012
    barnyard
    I rode The Tour of Saints today. 35 miles of rolling prairie. Battery was dead on my camera and I left my phone at home. No photos. I did enjoy the ride.
  • 07-08-2012
    blknblu118
    I tried clipless Edirty6 and took them off after a week. I did the same thing took a couple of bad falls because I couldn't get out of them in time. I got some BMX pedals and I love them. Even on the rocky downhills my feet have stayed on the pedals so much better.
  • 07-08-2012
    hwtan68
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Edirty6 View Post
    ^ im thinking i might give clipless another try. i had them for 3 weeks and after having a few spills in technical sections at my local trails(very,very,very rocky) and not being able to get out of them in time, i went back to platforms. planning on buying some DH pedals and some Five ten shoes and see if that helps keep me on them though, the reason i bought clipless was because i was slipping off pedals to much trying to pedal through and over the tech. stuff

    yo Edirty, ya just need to be abit more concious about ya feet are being clipped in.

    try it about 2 weeks later, ya might be amazed how ya have improve!
  • 07-08-2012
    Simpledesign
    Tried a new trail....liked it....still working on building up skills and confidence.
  • 07-08-2012
    DuManchu
    Began my budget build by stripping the frame of most components (need a crank puller still). I'd post a pic but I haven't hit the 10 post count yet.
  • 07-08-2012
    falconpunch79
    Rode down a fun but bumpy single track on campus, then rode back up and did it again. Then got lost in the woods. I just kind of rode around until I got my bearings, fun day.
  • 07-10-2012
    SantaAna12
    I need to get this bike on the road...nice pics in this thread! I went to the LBS to ask why I couldn't fit ten BBs in my hubs like Shimano says I should be able to....the guy says that if 9 came out then put nine back. A certain logic in that. It would apply to me more when I used to blow the ganj.....these days I look at a spec sheet and apply it. Guess I will roll on over to the wheels forum.
  • 07-10-2012
    DirtyHank
    9 is what I usually see in most hubs. Not sure if I've ever seen 10.

    Hank :)