Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 2923
    29ers Forever
    I just put a 180mm rotor on the rear. The caliper will need to be adjusted, but for now one pad is rubbing on the rotor.
    Just checked again. Both pads are rubbing on the rotor. Good thing I am getting an SLX caliper this winter, but hopefully the pads will last until then.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Replaced rear brake pads. Installed new Jagwire derailuer cables. Almost ran over a 2" baby box turtle on trail.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    I just put a 180mm rotor on the rear. The caliper will need to be adjusted, but for now one pad is rubbing on the rotor.
    Just checked again. Both pads are rubbing on the rotor. Good thing I am getting an SLX caliper this winter, but hopefully the pads will last until then.
    Bleed your brakes to match the rotor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    After a week straight of rain it stopped and I took my new tallboy LT out for some downtown curb jumping, stair descending, wheelie popping fun in the dark. Here in Portland we broke our record rainfall in September by over an inch this year. FML!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hit Hawes trail for a couple hours this morning since I'm on furlough with the gov't shutdown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-hawes-2nd-ride.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Gov't pays you well.

--

Another 21 mile road ride. I've gotta stop hanging with these roadies.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Met up with a cool member who showed me around 3 miles of trails I'd never ridden before. Can't wait to hit it again on Friday before all the kids show up.
    Still looking for mountains in Florida

mtbr member
    May 2010

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Just got the call that my mavic cross ride wheelset is at the dealer. Should be a sweet upgrade over my ryhnolite and deore wheelset on my Santa Cruz blur lt

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Got some upper suspension pivot bearings for the Blur XC and won a pair of '09 Rock Shox SID on a local auction site.
    Should be a sweet upgrade from the '03 Bombers...
    The forks arrived today and they do seem to be sweet indeed...

The Blur XC is down to 12kg now...

Had a practise on the track for next weekends XC race only to find that THIS weekend is a SuperD in the same area...

I've never done a SuperD and I'm crap at downhill...
    Hopefully I'll get a practise in on the track tomorrow. If it's not raining...

mtbr member
    Knocked out 25 miles on the trails today.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Got my wheels today and took them out for some trail time. Mavic crossrides awesome addition. It got kinda sketchy because it got dark quick could barely see in front of me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Every summer we pack up our bikes and load the car full of duffel bags, bikes and fishing poles for a non-stop adventure on the north shore area of the lake.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Got my first 12mile ride in after a week off from traveling. Also put on my new Y.A.W.Y.D. top cap for my stem and properly fitted it with a Zeigenbock bottle cap.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

29ers Forever
    5 miles on the trails off of Wild Apple Road in Pomfret VT. On the last rocky, rutted and leaf covered descent, I nearly crashed several times, whereas last time I went fast, found the correct line, and DON NOT use the brakes whatsoever.
    This time I tried to find the line, but was off, so I sat and used the brakes, bad choice. The F9's pad brakes locked up and I slid sideways and almost crashed; going almost 20mph. It was still fin, but a 2 mile road climb tired me out too much to be as concentrated on the fast descents.

Laramie, Wyoming
    First snow of the year ride.

mtbr member
    So far, not a single thing. Been raining all day..
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    When I first saw the photo, I wondered what that white stuff was. My ride tomorrow is dependent on whether it is TOO HOT to ride. Today was tolerable because it was near the ocean,but was on concrete.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    So far, not a single thing. Been raining all day..
    Please send that rain here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I did 25 miles along the Pacific Ocean (Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach). There were lots of rider, runners and surfers. However, the beach was mostly empty.

I had planned on doing a nice leisurely ride at around 13 mph, but found myself riding with some roadies at around 17. I just could not force myself to let them get the better of me. Of course, they were annoyed that an old man on a mountain bike with knobby tires was not dropping off the back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    About 20 miles of commuting. I let my father take my kids to there soccer games in a neighboring city and I rode my bike and met them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Please send that rain here.
    I wish I could. It started a little after 4:00 this morning and has rained almost non-stop until about about an hour ago ( 3:00pm). Looks like it may be for the most part over for now. Riding areas drain and dry pretty quick, so hopefully ride tomorrow. If not, I'll be on the dirt bike. It doesn't much care how deep the creeks get, or how wet and slick the rocks and roots are.
    Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    Kona Jake the Snake
    '03 Yz250
    '05 Ducati 749

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider

Rode the neighborhood with my daughter teaching her how to shift gears on her 3x8 bike. Watched her escape her first endo. She panicked and applied too much front brake when a car came to a stop sign on a crossing street. We had right of way.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    19miles today on a local paved trail. My wife and I took some friends who had never ridden these trails. Enjoyed an awesome pork chop ranchero after.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    I wish I could. It started a little after 4:00 this morning and has rained almost non-stop until about about an hour ago ( 3:00pm). Looks like it may be for the most part over for now. Riding areas drain and dry pretty quick, so hopefully ride tomorrow. If not, I'll be on the dirt bike. It doesn't much care how deep the creeks get, or how wet and slick the rocks and roots are.
    same boat as you but i'm in springfield mo so that may be why lol
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Only my 4th ride out in a few years.. I had to have time off due to moving and an injury too. So had to swap bikes for something more suited to riding with the injury as it will never be right now... I had a day off on Friday so went to see my family for a couple of days and took my bike as I could just ride a couple of miles on the road and then just hit the trails. It has been about 20 years since I rode round here so I sort of stuck to the areas I knew and to bridleways and some marked bike trails. As I was no my own I had to have a couple of places to aim for as motivation. One was a little place known as archway house (there is an arch where the road used to pass through the centre of the house as it used to be a toll house in the 1700's I think. The other target was The Major Oak which was reputed to be where Robin Hood sheltered and it where I used to go and play as a child.
    ( Major Oak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
    I got a photo at the Major which is now fenced off although we used to climb it as kids.. lol

Here is the route I took which was possibly one of best rides I have had here ever.. So many memories and great to re-visit places from my childhood.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Woke up to rain so I geared up and loaded out to a new trail in bowling green ky. Low hollow, Rode 4 laps and had a heck of a good time. Got home to find a box on the porch so I swapped my crappy gaint dropper to a gravity dropper and it is awesome, More drop and weighs less to boot. Now I am drinking beer and repacking hubs, Soon as the grill is warm tossing some steaks on. Great day all around

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    My brother visited and I toured him around the local trail systems (Keene, NH). Yale forest and Stonewall farm's XC course, had a third place in mind but he was getting frustrated with the XC course haha so we stopped short and rode some rail beds back home, a total of about 24 miles of total riding with the trails and everything in-between.

ALSO, upgrades a few things on my bike - ODI Ruffian lock on grips and new tires (Specialized 2.2 29er captains) which have made a significant difference in my riding experience, I'll post some pics later perhaps, the tires be quite dirty after today's ride.

Hi There!
    Did a lap and a half at Quiet Waters Park. Saw a snake and an iguana.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    did a sunrise lap of the scott 25hr mountain bike race in sunny Canberra australia. I was course marshall so was just riding the track ensuring that it was safe for the racers. had a great ride, watched the sunrise got to the end of the 12km course, last bit of easiest singletrack before back onto a crit track and into the transition area. AND hit a tree , no injuries except my pride, but had a mild buckle in the front wheel (damn lite racing rims lol) luckily one of the local bike stores had mechanics on all weekend, parted some cash and had the wheel trued within 30 min.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0112%5B1%5D.jpg
    a pic i took of a little of the singletrack

Hi There!
    Did a lap and a half at Quiet Waters Park...again. Got back to my truck and really wanted to ride some more but I saw the clouds moving in.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Rain rain go away, come again another day.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Lowered the pressure in both tires. It handles much better, no more slipping.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    looks amazing pretty hard core. Never rode in the snow.

29ers Forever
    Added Ritchey Pro bar ends, Shimano Zee shifter and XT rear derailleur. I need the rd to be adjusted and the crank swapped, and then I will post pics.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not ridden it today but I did make a chain stay protector for it.

It is made from pre-preg carbon not some of that crappy sticker material... haha

mtbr member
    10 miles yesterday, 16 miles today, cleaned the chain twice and adjusted the rear V-brake calipers to give my wobbly wheel a little more clearance. New rear tire on the way and I should learn how to true my wheel soon.

mtbr member
    Completed second test run after new wheel build/9 speed conversion. Rear shifting is effortless and DT Swiss hubs are performing as expected. A few minor minor adjustments and I'll be giving it everything, absolutely everything!
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Installed the AMP pedals yesterday. Took it out today, much better grip.

29ers Forever
    Picked up my Cobia from the LBS today. They put on a new crank and adjusted the rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Rode the stumpy to class, found out I busted a spoke on the trails yesterday, almost time for a new wheel set

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    My 12mile route again today. One of my best time yet.

mtbr member
    Rode 9 miles at blankets creek in woodstock ga yesterday and did 6 miles today at big creek in roswell ga.

First time riding this year and on a new 29er breaking the bike in nicely.

mtbr member
    Rode from my house to the bank, the bike shop, the auto dismantler and back. Only the fourth time I've ridden since the Carter administration.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Started the morning with a 17.8 mile ride beating the rain forecast. Followed by later in the evening with a 10.2 mile ride.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Been raining like crazy lately. Instead of having fun pedaling, I'm upgrading some stuff.

29ers Forever
    Rode 8 miles at Pine Hill Park with new upgrades: Shimano XT Shadow Plus rear derailleur, Raceface Narrow-wide 34T chainring, Raceface 36T bashguard, Shimano Zee crank and shifters, 203/180 f/r brakes, and Ritchey Pro bar ends. I will post pictures soon.

o<o NYC pebble jumper!
    about 12 miles today... 3.5 was riding local trails... chain link went bad... rode to bike shop to have them replace link... purchased new grips and installed... Then had a beer to relax.

mtbr member
    Took a nice 11 mile ride with a couple riding buddies. Stopped at the lbs and picked up some single ring bolts.
    Cleaned my bike and dropped my bash guard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Bought a 2014 Specialized Hardrock Sport! Loving it! Much to learn!

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyGuy View Post
    Bought a 2014 Specialized Hardrock Sport! Loving it! Much to learn!
    Congrats on the new bike.