1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I rode up something and then back down something else. Some spots on the descents were really bumpy so my hardtail was bouncing all over the place. I smiled the whole time. I tried not to laugh in case anyone would hear me and think I'm a lunatic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    I rode up something and then back down something else. Some spots on the descents were really bumpy so my hardtail was bouncing all over the place. I smiled the whole time. I tried not to laugh in case anyone would hear me and think I'm a lunatic.
    its great when you go trucking past someone on their FS cackling like a loon on your hard tail.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerpindicular View Post
    its great when you go trucking past someone on their FS cackling like a loon on your hard tail.
    I can only ever catch up to hikers on the descents

mtbr member
    Bike ride in Marin County, CA.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Up Sulivan Canyon and down Jedi / Squirrel Cage in Los Angeles, CA. That's the Pacific Ocean and San Pedro peninsula in the background:

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    2013 Trek Cobia: Swapped saddle, pedals with Cannondale F9, put water bottle cage on from Cannondale F9, added bike computer.
    2010 Cannondale F9: saddle, pedals swapped with Cobia.

If these pictures are not showing, go on my profile page and find the album if you want to see my bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-kjh_2420.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-kjh_2434.jpg  

Last edited by CannondaleF9; 01-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    I can only ever catch up to hikers on the descents
    No worries it takes some practice and a lot crazy to truck through the rocks like i do on my hardtail. don't feel bad and have fun thats all that matters...besides i bet your not nearly as sore in the morning rolling out of bed as i am thanks to how much i have tore up my body because of my large amount of crazy.

mtbr member
    Viewing MapMyRIDE Jan 20, 2013 11:32 AM | MapMyRide + a few more miles on my part

had some friends from out of town that wanted the tour of turkey

mtbr member
    Don't take Shimano shifters apart. Quite a pain to get back together...

trail projectile
    M this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358745270.324131.jpg  

trail projectile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358745314.004458.jpg  

trail projectile
    Sorry...pics not working and can't seem to delete!

mtbr member
    Finally got to ride on the trail after having several wet weekends. Felt kind of strange since it's been about a month since my last ride, but it was good to finally get out there. I also realized just how annoying it is to pull a water bottle from a cage trapped inside a small frame...

Probably drunk right now

34 Miles and 3 Hours of Trail Maintenance

I rode 17 miles out, took a 3 hour break and to bench cut new trail and then rode back.

Round Trip: 34 miles
    3 hours of bench cutting with 11 other people that will add another 1.5 miles of trail to a 15 mile trail system. This 15 miles of trail will be part of a 70 mile contiguous trail system in within the city limits of Kansas City.

Other than that, nothing.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    AMEN to that brotha! haha, I met up with some guys today on their fancy FS rigs, and absolutely smoked them on my hardtail!
    It's the rider, not the bike!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    It had been down in the single digits this past week which was perfect for freezing all that mud!! Today was a perfect 25F for maintaining the frozen state of the trails and for riding!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1359246219308.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by zephxiii; 01-26-2013 at 05:51 PM.

mtbr member
    14 miles of singletrack. What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359249414.723461.jpg

turtles make me hot
    Just got back from a night snow ride. Awesome time.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    I rode 17 miles out, took a 3 hour break and to bench cut new trail and then rode back.

3 hours of bench cutting with 11 other people that will add another 1.5 miles of trail to a 15 mile trail system. This 15 miles of trail will be part of a 70 mile contiguous trail system in within the city limits of Kansas City.

Thats awesome, we are trying to do that here in Knoxville, our trail building day got rained/ice stormed out today...currently have a 11.5mile and growing main loop(35.5 miles and growing counting secondary singletrack) 10min outside of downtown with plans to expand all the way south to Townsend and the great smokey mountains national park roughly 50miles and all the west to oak ridge(15-20) without ever getting on a main road....hopefully we can get to 70mile loop like what you all have

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Today i put a new to me Maxxis ADVantage 2.1 on the rear of my bike.

Took the crappy 1.85 1985 chengshin tires of my girlfriends retro build and put my old rear tire(Specialized Pro Adrenaline 2.1[closer to a 2.3]120tpi dual compound) on the front of hers. Hopefully itll give the same effect a fat tires and dim down the bumps that come along with the rigid fork replaced the rear with a Specialized Fast Trak LK 2.0 (60tpi 70a). Since the bike hardly ever leaves pavement this is overkill but the tires were spares and they get put to good use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post

BAH I had no idea that there were trail systems in KC i used to live outside it in tonganoxie and would go to kc on a daily basis....laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    so far i rode my bike in my head because im getting it tomorrow. going to put a ton of miles on it in my sleep tonight haha

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Lubed my chain.

Probably drunk right now

Yep. Some of the best in the country

BAH I had no idea that there were trail systems in KC i used to live outside it in tonganoxie and would go to kc on a daily basis....laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
    When IMBA used to do their report card, they said that Kansas City has the urban trail system in the country, perhaps the world. We have over 150 miles of trail within 45 minutes of downtown KC.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I took a Moonlander completerly apart to up grade all the components from bottom basement to second floor gear.

Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast