Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 2924
    Broken Hipster
    Upgraded to Reba 120mm from Recon 100mm.
    Lock on grips.(WTF took me so long!)
    And a few other little gizmos today then went for a 2 hour ride to evaluate the new geometry. Outstanding!
    And I weighed it in after the new parts. 28.5 lbs. I'll wait till next season before I get all weight weenie on it. Maybe.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Just a quick 2.5 miles before the lightening and thunder showed up today after work. But did get to try out my new Camelbak Mule and I love it!

mtbr member
    I made some cheap tire liners out of old inner tubes. Hopefully will help a bit while I save up for an economical tubeless setup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Fsrbikr98 View Post
    Rode cathedral pines here on Long Island yesterday. About 6 miles on the main loop with the girlfriend who did awesome!

Riding stillwell today, hopefully she does as well as she did yesterday so her confidence stays high

Also ordering parts at the LBS for her surprise bike build that I've managed to hide from her for the last two months lol.
    You're lucky.. I brought my gf to meadowlark once.. She ended up scared and hugging a tree, while still on the bike at the top of a hill.. She was like what do I do... I was like you have to let go of the tree or the bike. Anyways, i ride alone most of the time haha

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by manbat View Post
    New bars and a works components 1.5 degree angle set to slacken the head out to 68 deg is next on the list
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-starship-troopers-wyltkm.jpgThat sounds bad ass. Will have to dig in.
    2016 SC 5010
    2014 Kona Taro
    2014 Giant Trance (the boy's)
    2014 Kona Process 134a (the other boy's)

29ers Forever
    10 miles on the back roads today, 9 of them were on my Raleigh.

I have decided to not upgrade the Raleigh, just leave it stock and have some money for when something on it breaks.

mtbr member
    Final tune up before the race tomorrow. 8D

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Replaced my Cateye wheel magnet, doh'!. Added my SPD peddles, should be getting my Stans Flow EX 29 wheel set in any day now too.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask

29ers Forever
    8 miles on my Raleigh this cold morning. I had planned to go 11 but I took too long to do the 8 due to the cold.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I watched it rain while sitting on my bike in the kitchen lol

mtbr member
    Rode ten miles in Palo Duro Canyon.
    Have some kind of issue with my drive train I have to figure out.
    The bike doesn't make you go fast.
    You make the bike go fast.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I made a light holder for my night rides out of some reflectors and an old seat post

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Rode 20 miles in Dupont today. Crazy fun. Switched to clipless pedals this week. My brain apparently doesn't accept this. I went down 4 times unable to unclip and drew blood.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-ride7.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-ride5.jpg

mtbr member
    Installed my Reverb dropper post, popped the beads and refreshed the sealant in my tires, and went over everything in preparation for a race tomorrow. My first ever MTB race I might add. I'm super excited! 25 miles through super rocky terrain, and it rained tonight for a few hours. Sweet!
    '15 Charge Cooker Maxi 2
    '13 Salsa Horsethief 2
    '12 Trek 6000
    '11 Ridley X-Ride
    '11 Santa Cruz Driver 8

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCGoater View Post
    Rode 20 miles in Dupont today. Crazy fun. Switched to clipless pedals this week. My brain apparently doesn't accept this. I went down 4 times unable to unclip and drew blood.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ride7.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	923247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ride5.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	923248
    Gah! That sucks man. I went clipless today and told myself I was sticking to the flat loops on our trail system for a few rides. Are you using SPD or eggbeaters? I've got my Shimano 520's all the way loose on the tension for now until I get more comfortable with them. Even just riding the flat loops with a few drops and short climbs, I still practiced unclipping quickly. Tomorrow morning I'm planning a more adventurous ride adding in some of the more technical areas of the trail to see how that goes, hell I may end up with some pics like yours, we'll see.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just trimmed the steerer tube on my new bike.. Don't even try to sure a Harbor freight pipe cutter lol the cutting wheel turned to dust. Luckily I still have an old one that's not sharp but a little bit of oil and sweat and it worked.

mtbr member
    Did my 3rd 6 hour race yesterday, 2nd time doing one solo.

Wet and slippery to start, dried out nicely by the end.

Cramped bad and did not hit my lap goal.

29ers Forever
    Today turned out to be nicer than I anticipated. I put in an almost 6 mile ride. I tried some new jumps and got some sick air. Got to love Pine Hill Park.

Old Fart Swamper
    I retired my first bike, a good beginner Scott 29er hard tail with the Raidon fork upgrade
    and moved to a very basic Scott Spark, the 760 model, a full squish.

Strava says I am faster on every section of every trail I ride :P

I am riding farther also,, pain free.. Imagine that !

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    I retired my first bike, a good beginner Scott 29er hard tail with the Raidon fork upgrade

Well full suspension bikes will do that to you.
    It's what happened when I demoed a Rumblefish last year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Bought it.

2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR. 23 inch frame.

Got it from my LBS for %15 off ($2465). This is my first FS bike so I'm pretty excited to get out and ride it.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag0789.jpg

mtbr member
    My wife and I took the Intro to mountain biking course offered by REI. I must say I learned more today than my 2 months on the trail through self-discovery. To all my fellow nubs, be it REI or any other provider... get out and take a class offered by an IBMA certified instructor. I now have a good idea of how to turn my beastly 29er, and it no longer fees unwieldy. Who knew an elbow here a lean there and the correct eye line and you can whip around a corner like your on rails. And that is just one thing I learned. Best $65 I have spent in awhile and again I could not recommend this any more highly.

mtbr member
    Hit up Alafia!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post

How was the Raidon shock? Performance wise were you happy with it?

I ride bikes
    Climbed a mountain, then descended the mountain. With some good friends. Had some beers afterward. So much fun.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140913_132633_resized.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140913_122309_resized.jpg

29ers Forever
    Rode a very short 3.9 miles this evening. The first part of the ride was up and down a very steep and rough mountain pass, which my Raleigh handled OK, but line choice was key, and I would have been able to maintain a lot more speed on my mountain bike.
    The Second part of the ride was from the top of a really steep smooth gravel road, on which I rode down in excess of 50mph, about 10mph over the speed limit.
    So I now know that the Raleigh is a very capable bike.

mtbr member
    Got my bike out of the shop. New crankset & bb.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Took the fat bike through some really rooty trails today... I miss my fs. Can't wait for the new fork to come in hopefully before the winter comes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    noticed a 3 inch long crack in the sidewall of one of my trak-tron tires, so I swapped them out with some cheap knobbies I had leftover from my garage sale bike finds.... front one is a 26x2.1" kenda and the rear is a 26x1.95 innova IIRC that is a bell brand tire... its a fake panaracer smoke... I have another one as a spare
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-evilcopcar-009.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-evilcopcar-010.jpg
    97 specialized rockhopper.- winter beater
    2013 GT aggressor 3.0- summer commuter

mtbr member
    Made a seat pack out of an unused camera case, bungee, and velcro straps. Rode twice today and it's held up fine so far holding all my bike tools.

mtbr member
    Tried a new camera angle

mtbr member
    Sat on it and inspected tyres... Weather been crap here all week. Try for a ride in the morning

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ™
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Been awhile since I been on. Got on a bike and got my lady to ride with me for 8.2 miles on a new trail built near my area. It goes from one town to another. Got a new job too should have me a new stumpy in 6 weeks I hope.

mtbr member
    Took kids out for ride... actually good exercise - spent majority of time pushing their bikes up hills ^^

mtbr member
    Saw a squirrel get snatched up by a hawk as I was rolling down the trail.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

29ers Forever
    3.5 miles of mostly climbing. It was the first time a rode a bike to get somewhere.

mtbr member
    Rode new trail today... 6km of climbing - steady/twisty/narrow single track.

Chatted with another ride who was riding trail for first time also.

Was in a rush to get to the big game on way down. Made for a hair raising descent on a two way goat track!!
    Last edited by targnik; 09-21-2014 at 01:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Took my daughter for her first real mtb ride. I found her a 2013 Jamis Exile Sport. She likes it because of the low standover. I like it because she likes it. We rode about 7 miles. I think she's ready for another round tomorrow.

29ers Forever
    10.6 miles on some roads, mostly dirt, and much climbing.

mtbr member
    Almost 62 miles, mainly on double track.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Rainy day, and rainy days are good for building trail. Spent the day chilling in the woods and sprucing up one of my favorite berms to the tune of 4 yards of loam and a whole bunch of sweat. It's gonna rip once it sets up in the sun a bit.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Sweet berm!!!

mtbr member
    Today and yesterday I had some good rides. I haven't ridden in two weeks because I had a cold. That's the longest I've been off my bike since I got back on it this spring. So I did my usual loop of riding the beginner with the two intermediate loops. But I find myself going further now before I take my first rest stop. The whole loop is 2.3 miles. I usually take my first rest at about 1.7 miles. This trail is pretty technical all the way through, even the beginner section. Last week and today I added a little more to it by riding a sub-loop of the advanced section too. But today my first loop (just the 2.3 mile loop) I was able to complete back to the trail head with stopping for a rest for the first time. Then my second loop included the advanced sub loop. That required a few rest stops. The total day's ride is about 6.4 miles. Besides that I had two falls. Usually because my arms get a little tired so I get a little squirrely. Besides that my left arm has some tendonitis. They were easy falls, no bruises. The first one I went a little wide and my front wheel washed down some gravel on an embankment on the edge. The second one was when my right side handle bar clipped a tree. But I wound up on my feet with that one. Then after I picked up my bike a bunch of bike traffic came by. It must have been two or three small groups. So I had had some good riding this weekend. I was really tired today. I took an afternoon nap. I can usually ride and still have plenty of energy to do other stuff, but not today.

mtbr member
    Hit up Trout Creek with a few friends today!

29ers Forever
    6.5 miles on the road today. Then a Park Tool PCS-10 showed up in the mail. Early birthday present.

29ers Forever
    5.4 miles on the road. Now I have over 100 miles on the Raleigh I got a little over a month ago.

mtbr member
    9 miles of ST 6.5 of which was after dark. Night riding season has begun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reluctant Tree Hugger
    Not a damn thing. Just looked at it. My surgeon says I can't ride for 6 more months.

All I've done with it lately was move it across the living room to vacuum under it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    Not a damn thing. Just looked at it. My surgeon says I can't ride for 6 more months.

All I've done with it lately was move it across the living room to vacuum under it.
    Well misery loves company, my surgeon says 2 months at least, but as I live in MN, this effective means 6 or so months for me as well....at least.

mtbr member
    bike from house for 20 mins (or so) then climbed a good local track (in big front cog - thinking of going 1x10) legs were pretty shattered... so I tried a DH track for descent ^^

Heap of jumps, navigated around a couple of the dicier ones... did (what I thought were) couple of smaller jumps - one almost got me completely disconnected from bike...
    Steep techy parts were a breeze, but-hole right back over rear wheel (giving you know what a clean!!)

Thinking clipped-in would definitely help with those jumps...

Reluctant Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinias View Post
    Well misery loves company, my surgeon says 2 months at least, but as I live in MN, this effective means 6 or so months for me as well....at least.
    Damn, that's even worse. Right about the time you heal is when it gets too cold to ride. Salt on the wound. At least my healing time is through the Winter.

29ers Forever
    Took my 29er out for the first time in two weeks. I went to the local trail network. Man it was a great day for biking.

mtbr member
    Quick 45 minute ride.

Hoping to get out for a big one tomorrow.

banned
    Jun 2007

Today rode two new local trails, while in the upper part this is a real butt clincher.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1411855249975.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    got crashed into by some dillhole riding the wrong way in the bike lane....pretty much he grazed me on the right side and caused me to crash..... ******** didnt even stop...to make a long story short my rear derailleur was all bent up.... was able to bend it back well enough to ride home in one gear.....decided I would do a compete teardown, repaint, clean up some of the parts on it, and pretty much a complete rebuild.... got the frame stripped tonite... not sure what color I am gonna paint it yet
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Broke it...made the goody bag feel niiiiiiiiice. Sadly I have yet to ride this on a trail this is from dicking off in the front yard. No jump or drop ton of seat post left in the tube. Manual go wrong.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Ran the dog

Sent from my XT1031
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1411867087381.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    Night riding season has begun.
    That it has! Did a 10 mile night ride after work today, second night ride of the season and looking forward to many more

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

I took my new (to me) 06 rock hopper out to a nice easy trail with a buddy that rocks a P1.

30 minutes into the ride my fat ass broke the chain. I can at least say i have no idea just HOW old the chain was, and that the guys at the LBS said it looked ancient compared to the new one they're slapping on tonight.

cant wait for tomorrow to head out again and really see what I can do.

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    broke my one bike's chain yesterday, probably because I have no 10 speed chain tool (I'll have to order that with the chain) and I used an 8 speed tool on it. I borrowed my dad's cheap (even more so than mine) bike today, and blew a tube 30 min in . took forever to get back to the car...

mtbr member
    Took my brother out for his first mountain bike ride. My daughter went with us too for her second ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    No pics, but I took my first "real" ride on my new Pitch 650B. I volunteered to work a double-shift at work, 7AM-11PM. I was out the door at 6:05 this morning. The temp was about 58 degrees and rain threatened. I have a short ride to work; about 3.5 miles the route I took this morning. I had a couple stops along the way, but showed up at work about 6:30. This evening it cooled down to about 50, and drizzled from 7 till about 10. Then the rain stopped just in time for me to make the shorter ride home. It was a great little ride and a great first day with my new bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Yesterday morning went to LB Houston in Dallas and pushed my self to the limit in terms of speed/cornering (LB Houston is mostly flat, no technical parts it is all very easy unless you are going very fast then it gets difficult due to the twisty turns.
    I must say I've gotten way better at making tight turns, and handling the bike overall. Monitoring my pedaling cadence, breathing, and speed while making judgement calls on what I can get away with. I am still a beginner but I feel more comfortable on my bike.

Put about 6 miles~ (or whatever LB Houstons main trail is) on my bike in the end, even puked my guts out. I am not terribly fit, so that was a pretty good milestone for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tannerg View Post
    Ran the dog

Sent from my XT1031
    That set-up sketches me out big-time.
    So much potential for things to go wrong.

Seems most dogs will pretty naturally follow along when riding. Way safer for you and the dog.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Road bike ride this am... Had to break out the thermals. Hitting up a new to me section of trail this evening after the baby gets to sleep. Gotta go charge the lights!
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    That set-up sketches me out big-time.
    So much potential for things to go wrong.

Seems most dogs will pretty naturally follow along when riding. Way safer for you and the dog.
    I'm perfectly comfortable with the setup and I dont allow my dog to run off leash so that isn't an option

Sent from my XT1031

29ers Forever
    Another on my Cobia. Then I realized there's a major problem with my freewheel. Oops. Glad I was already going to buy a new wheelset. There's also a clicking/creaking noise on the right side when I pedal hard, it isn't the pedal. Could it be the crank itself? Or the rear hub?
    The leaves on the ground also threw me off in places. It's hard to ride a rocky trail covered in leaves.

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    I sold some stuff on craigslist, then used the money to order parts to fix my bike. At least half of my bike is also off craigslist. gotta love craigslist!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    did some clean up and prep on a few parts......looks like I need a new headset too...bottom races and bearings are fried......was also doing some window shopping on some parts as well sorry about the crappy pics
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-001.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-002.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-004.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-005.jpg

mtbr member
    See my post trail destroyed by flash flood.

mtbr member
    What I did was break it. Well, it was few days ago. And I don't mean I broke it because I did something bad to it. It was just a part failure. I posted it in the Cannondale forum. My rear swing arm cracked. So I took it to an LBS that's an authorized Cannondale dealer and I will see what happens. Its a lifetime warrantee on the frame. But the bike is a 14 y.o. 26" which does not have the needed replacement part available. Here's some pics:
    This is the bike:

Here is the cracked part:

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    got my cranks pulled off and cleaned some more parts......next is stripping the old paint off the frame
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-009.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Fell in a rock garden and broke a finger, bruised a rib and tweaked my knee. Plus I got a nice gear shaped tattoo in my right calf. Other than that it was a nice eight mile ride.

29ers Forever
    5 miles on the road. Then I realized my Raleigh doesn't like the fast rough roads I ride on. Axle problems, losing screws from my pedals, losing cable clips. It makes some weird noises too.
    Well I guess I haven't been treating it as well as my mountain bike.

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Took my 11 year old daughter, who doesnt like mountain biking, to Virginia Key in Miami for " Take a kid mountain biking day." She did fairly well there, probably better than she does at Quiet Waters due to it being less rocky. It was first time at Virginia Key and I think for the next couple of months I'll make it my Saturday ride destination despite the hour ride time.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode a local trail that I usually can tackle pretty well. I think I woke up way too many times the night before and I was just gassed the whole ride. I had to quit halfway. My better judgement told me to stop before fatigue caused an accident and me into a statistic. It was a pretty technical trail so best to be careful. Dammit. Days like this do suck - but the mountain will always be there right?

mtbr member
    Took my daughter & her boyfriend to Palo Duro Canyon for a night ride on Friday, then a 10 mile ride yesterday.
    My daughter has been riding with me a little bit over the last few weeks since I got her a new bike. The boyfriend just bought a new 2014 Jamis Trail X 650. Friday was his first time to trail ride & he did it in the dark. Hmmm I wonder if I was subliminally testing him?
    Last edited by velo99; 10-05-2014 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Took my daughter & her boyfriend to Palo Duro Canyon for a night ride on Friday, then a 10 mile ride yesterday.
    My daughter has bee able ridong with me a little bit over the last few weeks since I got her a new bike. The boyfriend just bought a new 2014 Jamis Trail X 650. Friday was his first time to trail ride & he did it in the dark. Hmmm I wonder if I was subliminally testing him?
    I think you were subliminally trying to get rid of him in a way your daughter wouldn't blame you. We know what you are doing you sly dog.

29ers Forever
    Short, fast, smooth ride today. It was one of the shorter rides this season, but it was one of the flowiest.

mtbr member
    Was riding today & I was getting a skip in the rear cassette. I have a new cable on the rd so I figgered it was stretching a little. I turned the barrel a different times and the condition persisted. I got to an adjoining trailhead I was planning on riding & flipped my bike over on the picnic table to diagnose the problem. Didn't see anything obvious & was still thinking stretched cable.
    Broke out some tools, tightened the cable. Spun the crank & it was still skipping, just not as bad. Figgered a couple of turns on the barrel & some lube, I would be g2g.
    As I lubed the chain I noticed a chain plate was out of line. The only way a chain plate could be out of line is, it isn't attached to the pin. I ran it back around & sure enough the chain was in need of a little more tlc.
    Dug around in my pack ...... No quick link. Dug around in my tool kit no quick link. Now I am on the verge of being hosed seven miles from my truck. I broke out my chain breaker disassembled the link with the intention of dropping a link.
    A chain breaker is designed to break a chain not reassemble a chain. So I was now thinking about how I am getting off the trail & to my truck. Couple of deep breaths & a reexamination of the chain parts I threw in my tool bag sprouted an idea.
    A chainbreaker can reassemble a chain.
    Ten minutes later I was back on the trail with my bike running great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Lol yeah I've had to do that a few times with a sram chain. I went back to kmc and haven't had a problem since

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Road 19 miles yesterday at Elm Creek's single track. Did the loop twice. First time out since I converted to a 1x10 drivetrain. Real happy with the conversion.

mtbr member
    Explain to us nubs. My understanding is the newer pins are like rivets and the chain breaker essentially pops the mushroomed head off thereby making the pin useless. Am I wrong here in my understanding?

Get on your bike and ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinias View Post
    Explain to us nubs. My understanding is the newer pins are like rivets and the chain breaker essentially pops the mushroomed head off thereby making the pin useless. Am I wrong here in my understanding?
    You have the concept. Newer pins have slight shoulders that keep them in-place (older chains had thicker side-plates and would stay put under friction alone). When you push out a pin, the shoulder is reduced or eliminated (because the hole is smaller in diameter) making it less viable over time. Can you push a pin part way out, and reuse it if your chain breaks? Sometimes, but I'd get a replacement pin in as soon as you can.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Changed out rear tire: was Maxxis Ikon 2.35 for Maxxis DHF 2.30. Fall is upon us so a bit more traction desired. As though it matters, wet leaf season and 90% of my annual falls/crashes are about to occur. Oh well.... I also tweak my bars and cockpit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Got the bike out of the shed chased the spiders away (it has been a couple of months) and went for a road/bike track ride, it even rained and I could not have cared less just good to have the time to get out and ride. Can not wait to get on the trails again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Didn't do it ON my mtn bike but did it FOR mtn biking. Last evening right before dusk, rode 16.6 road miles on my Trek hybrid. Found out bugs are worse at night than in the morning when I usually do my road rides. (hack, spit, repeat)

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

First solo trail ride on my new rig

Since I bought this bike a couple weeks ago we've discovered a couple areas near (20 minutes by car) our home to go riding. If anyone lives near Billings, Montana, be sure to hit Riverfront Park. Its primarily a city park for walking, with a couple large ponds for the kids to fish out of, and groomed shores for ducks and geese to hang out on.
    But back in the trees, off the paved walking path are trails upon trail upon trails. Nearly all singletrack, and pretty damn heavenly. I've only just begun to explore them. Today I spent a couple hours bombing around them and only scratched the surface. Another upside: In 2.5 hours of riding I never saw 1 other biker. Heres a couple pics of the main trail and one offshoot going into the brush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-riverfront.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-riverfront3.jpg  

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Had a nice ride on circuit 8 today (north shore vancouver)
    Really liking my setup now
    Gt distortion my build up as B6er..
    " I don't ride park"

29ers Forever
    Cut my leg open doing some tricks. Damn I planned to ride every day this weekend and the sun just came out!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Just did what some consider a good first off-road bike trail for slightly more intermediate riders than beginners. Nothing too bad for some of you to be honest but to me it was a breakthrough. This may be long.

First off, not bragging, my run time/speed was mediocre. Track best according to strava is average of 12-13mph or so. I did 6.1 mph on only 4 miles of the track and what was on the intermediate loop not the technical west loop (sister claims it is 5 miles).
    I've visited this trail twice before and it's equally challenging sister trail Horsehoe once. 1st time I went mountaing biking with a rented Trek Fuel to Northshore. I walked the whole thing basically. I was sore for 5-6 days, and it was more a hike to be honest. The uphills would tire me out and couldn't complete even one. It was really bad.
    Second time was my 4th time riding with my own bike (cheap $400 bike), and was feeling confident since I had done a couple trails with little issues. I wasn't ready, it chewed me up and spit me out. I walked most of it, but not as much as the first time. My pedals snapped, and had to end up cutting the trail short (probably only did 1-2 miles at the very most, and pedaled a couple miles on road to get back to the entrance. I was sore for a couple days.

This third time. I did it. Didn't finish the entire 12 miles because we have plans for tomorrow to do a speed run but did 4-5 miles of it with only 2 walking around obstacles.
    Tons of drops, dips, drops, sharp turns mixed with downhills, and drops, drops and downhills, crooked as hell uphills (like 8"~ of trail for a uphill), tons of rocks. Rocks everywhere.
    I tried to challenge myself to the harder parts of the drops/rocks, etc.

I must say I've been very surprised at how well my GT Backwoods sport model has been holding up. Wheels are still true, everything is working fine. No issues. I was honestly expecting some wheel bending at this trail since my sister/her husband have had to do it. But so far so good.

mtbr member
    Went for a solid ride today with a fella that's way out if my league! He was on a 26" HT to rub salt in the wound. Guy climbed like a mountain goat & he descended pretty bloody quickly too. He got a flat towards the end ^^ at least my bike held up!

29ers Forever
    Despite injury to me leg, I was able to put in a 5 mile ride on the paved road. Sure there was only one big hill and a few small rises in altitude, but it was downhill for the most part. I was just trying to see if I could ride tomorrow with my leg in its current condition.

Broken Hipster
    Went for a cold sunrise ride this AM to get a shot for a sunrise thread. I can't find the thread now so I'll throw it in here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Road 30 miles yesterday. Decided to ride to a load trail that was about 9.5 miles one way. Did a couple laps on their singletrack then road home. Typically I drive to the trailhead but riding provided a new challenge as my legs were already a bit tired from just getting there.

29ers Forever
    Rode 11 miles today on the road, the dirt and broken pavement sections were not preferred by my wounded leg, but overall it didn't act up much. Hopefully next week I can get out on my mountain bike again, my new wheelset should be built up today.

mtbr member
    hit up a "dinner" time session during my lunch break at work. A short ride but a short ride is better than no ride!

29ers Forever
    9 mile loop. The first loop ride after my biking accident. Even though it is going to be very cold tomorrow I will go out on my Cobia and rip up some trails with my new wheels and gearing. (Inferno 27 on DT Champion spokes, XT hubs, with a KMC chain, XT cassette and a 40T sprocket.)

mtbr member

Left Cats-Eye st home... so not sure of distance, but I rode for 2hrs.

Probably 50 mins of forestry road climbing. Then found some tight as single/half track...

Cue the pics!!

Bike cooling down

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1413677864482.jpg

Widest part of track

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1413677937225.jpg

What rest of trail looked like

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1413677979107.jpg

Couldn't get any real speed up i.e. kept banging into trees, but heck it was a blast

Members who have read this thread: 15