Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 2923
    Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajaguars View Post
    Registered for my first 6 hour race.

I'm gonna die.
    Yes, but at least you will die with a smile on your face.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Yes, but at least you will die with a smile on your face.
    There is a thin line between a smile and a grimace...

29ers Forever
    Rode about 1 mile today on my trails, they are short but fun once you climb the hills. I have not used the lowest gear in the front, so I think I can go 1x10. Love the 29er and will never go back full time to 26".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbailey25 View Post
    Cleaned it (minus tires), lubed it and tried something new. Plasti-dipped the front lowers and chain stay.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    What is that stuff? Looks promising!

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Straight outta Woodland

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Rode it for the first time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

I got my first real mountain bike!! A nice 2013 giant revel 2!! Went for a nice ride about 10 miles. What would be the first mods you guys would do?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1377468135676.jpg  

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil6000 View Post
    I got my first real mountain bike!! A nice 2013 giant revel 2!! Went for a nice ride about 10 miles. What would be the first mods you guys would do?

Ride it and enjoy it, IMO. Upgrade stuff down the road when you feel it's necessary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil6000 View Post

**Edit Cheesy beat me to it**

You'll want to ride it a lot more until you feel an area that you'd like to improve. If it was my new bike I'd take off the kick stand, and replace the pedals with flat pedals that have studs.
    All the components are new so just upgrade stuff when it breaks. Seat forks grips can be upgraded down the road as they wear or you feel you need better.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I rode it, that is what you do with a bike

mtbr member

I was in your shoes a few months back. Just getting back into it after a long hiatus (and all of my past bikes were old POS's). At first I was eager to upgrade thinking it would make my riding experience better... I haven't changed a thing and I've been riding a few times a week. Experience is the best mod and it's free.

mtbr member

I lovingly gazed upon it as I pulled out the lawn mower to mow the F ing GRASS!!!
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I took two rides today total of 22 miles. A mix of fire road and single track, the single track is FUN. My Giant Trance 3 27.5 performed very well. : )

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Haha thanks guys! Ill be riding as Soon as the rain stops here and the trails dry out

mtbr member
    Installed a dropper seat post (KS ETen) on my bike replacing the old RF Ride.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-wp_000451.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-wp_000449.jpg

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Only a 6.5 mile ride, but it was awesome! Great trail conditions today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1377621990485.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a 13 mile loop in the rain, was awesome, been a week since I was out and it felt soo good to ride. I was the only one on the trail, it was so peaceful.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Cleaned drivetrain and scrubbed chain. Readjusted both front and rear derailleurs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    rode my bike down our local city trail, was feeling really tired so i decided to check the air psi. the front was at 20 and the rear at 0 (hahahahahha). filled them up to 45 psi and finished the ride out effortlessly.

mtbr member
    Got in almost 16 miles yesterday. Trail still has multiple mud holes from the summer of rain we have had.

mtbr member
    Oil the chain and added air to tires. Got my stuff together for ride at 6am. I haven't been on my bike for a week so am really looking forward to it. The weather has also been really warm in the mornings the lately.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    i walked past my bike and looked at my flat tire on my bike and got sad cause i planned togo riding some time this week and havent been able get a new tube. got paid today and the box store does not have a 2.35 size tube. i love the look and feel of the oversized tires but god it difficult.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomy169 View Post
    i walked past my bike and looked at my flat tire on my bike and got sad cause i planned togo riding some time this week and havent been able get a new tube. got paid today and the box store does not have a 2.35 size tube. i love the look and feel of the oversized tires but god it difficult.
    You don't have to have a tube specifically for a 2.35 size. you can use one for a 2.1 or 2.2 as long as it's the right wheel size (26", 29", etc..). Or if it's just got a puncture hole in it, patch it and ride.
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Rode to work and back, as usual. Not a scenic ride. Made a few parts orders, bought me the 'Nitecore IntelliCharger i4 Charger - 2nd Generation - for charging 18650' @ $18; a 'Shimano CS-HG50 7spd Cassette - 13-34t for $20 and the 'Shimano SLX HG81 10 11/34 cassette' for $56; x3 missing link, one for 7spd and two for 10spd @ $6; Avid Speed Dial 7 Pair Gray @ $25; and a Shimano Altus M310 Single 7 Speed Shifter. Some of these parts are for the X-city/country 7spd 20.5"Giant Revel, while the 10spd drivechain parts and brake levers wait for the Haro Flightline 26 Trail frame and final parts to come. Will update with pic of parts pile tomorrow.today morning/noon/whenever.
    I drive more when the streets need repairs! -'95 ZJ

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Up at 400am, and put 27 miles on my bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyTom View Post
    You don't have to have a tube specifically for a 2.35 size. you can use one for a 2.1 or 2.2 as long as it's the right wheel size (26", 29", etc..). Or if it's just got a puncture hole in it, patch it and ride.
    I am running 26" tubes on my 27.5 wheels. Needed to ride and only had a 26" tube worked great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Armstrong View Post
    I feel like such a slacker.

Good job!!

mtbr member
    May 2012

OK, not necessarily today but this week anyway... I got a few trial rides in with my newest front tire purchase: a Panaracer Cedric Gracia XC (2.25"). Slapped it onto the front of my Trek Mamba and tried it out on a couple of my most frequently-ridden trails. First impressions? Wow... this seems to be a seriously undervalued tire! I'd come across references to this tire before, but not a ton of information/reviews compared to most of the more well-known tires. But what I'd read made me curious about it. Came across a good sale price ($19.98... $27.50 shipped) on it the other week so finally decided to give it a shot.

My only previous experience with a Panaracer tire was a few short spins on my son's Mamba which sports a 2.35 Rampage (which I was impressed with). First ride with the Cedric was on pretty dry hardpack with hardly any loose stuff. Ran it at 30psi with tubes (my usual starting point for a new tire). First impression was that this thing felt FAST! I'd ridden this trail before in identical conditions with Bonty 29-2's and Maxxis Aspens and the Cedric just seemed to smoke through it in comparison. Almost too fast, as I was letting it go all out to get a feel for the speed and nearly missed a few curves along the way. Once I got used to the speed of this tire a little bit, I started paying more attention to the grip. Again, pretty impressed with it overall. Let's loose a little on the transition knobs, then the side knobs confidently grab hold. Kind of similar to the 2.35 Nobby Nic I ran for awhile, except the transition feels shorter with the Cedric.

Second ride had a mix of loose over hard, with dry hardpack. Dropped down to 28psi for this ride. You could really notice the side knobs grabbing even more in the loose over HP. As it was only my 2nd ride with the new tire, and first on loose over HP, I was a little unsure how far to push it at first. Almost bailed on one corner when I felt it start to get loose, but it grabbed pretty quickly and confidently and kept going. Again, it also seemed to roll pretty well in these conditions compared to other front tires I've tried.

Not sure if most people prefer the Cedric as a front, or rear, but my first impression with it on the front has been very positive. Haven't measured the width, but it seems fairly true to size, and feels like it has good volume. Definitely not the lightest tire out there, but I worry more about durability than weight. Sidewalls seem burly enough, without being too tough to mount on the rim (unlike my Geax Gato TNT, which is a mother to get on the rim!).

Anyway, that's kind of what my week's been about. Two thumbs up to the Cedric Gracia XC!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Armstrong View Post
    Nice, I plan on being on the bike tomorrow by 5am and then ride until about 8:30am or so. I bike to and from my trails as there only 10 minutes away.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I did a mountain bike ride in San Jose del Cabo (Mexico). It was one of the best rides ever.

I arranged to rent a bike and for a guide yesterday. However, the shop forgot and rented the basic Specializes they showed me yesterday to someone else. So the let me use the owner's personal bike. Sweet. It was a 29er with 2x10. I've never before ridden 29 or 2x10. For the locale, it was pretty good.

The climbs were not as brutal as many at home, but it was quite technical. The surface was lose, coarse sand and parts were still muddy from the rain on Wednesday. In one stretch, we rode in a "stream." It was about 2 inches deep and 18 inches wide. There was some hike-a-bike over some gnarly boulders.

I got a lot of experience on new kinds of terrain.

I'm glad I had the chance to ride this and glad for the skill and knowledge of my guide.

mtbr member

Rode about 2.5 miles with my son's to get them a Starbucks pastry treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2013 Trek Marlin (Black)

29ers Forever
    Rode about 6 miles over at Pine Hill Park. It took approximately 2 hours, mere minutes compared to how long it used to take me to ride 2 or 3 miles there. My average speed improved by a large margin both uphill and downhill. I am surprised at how well I am doing after missing a weekend of riding and practice. Can't wait to do it again next weekend.
    Ran into a friend today at PHP. He has a nice stable of bikes, 2013 Trek Stache 8, 2013 Jamis CX disk, and a 2011 Trek Rumblefish. I am so jealous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Clipped a tree yesterday and landed into a big pile of thorns... they were a PITA to take out
    Cannondale Trail 7 - Giro Indicator - Shimano SH-XC30 - Shimano PD-M520 - SH51

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Doing about 170km a week on my bike now, mostly paved roads, but main goal was to get in better shape. =)

My first ride this spring was 7km in 30min, and i was wasted rest of the day.. now doing 50km in 2 hours.

Now i need to find the willpower to stop smoking..

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vadav View Post
    Doing about 170km a week on my bike now, mostly paved roads, but main goal was to get in better shape. =)

My first ride this spring was 7km in 30min, and i was wasted rest of the day.. now doing 50km in 2 hours.

I am in the exact same situation as you with improving my fitness, and trying to kick the cancer sticks..... Best of luck!

mtbr member
    I rode a little over a mile, ripped a 1/4"+ gash in the sidewall of my rear tire, had everything to fix it except a dollar bill, pushed bike a little over a mile back to the truck. Got back to the truck and it started pouring rain, seems someone is trying to tell me something, took advise and went home.
    Sometimes you have days like that.
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

mtbr member
    Put on a "new" saddle just in time for it to start pouring.

Straight outta Woodland

Rode it

Two Wheeled Terror
    I bought another! Found a used canfield balance frame and bike that I really like. Tossed on a set of bars and some pedals and went for a ride. Couldnt really push it locally but the future is bright. It actually climbs reasonably well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vadav View Post

50k in 2hr on a mountain bike is a lot. takes me almost half hr longer at 22kph average. Good job.
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Wow! I did 43.2km in an 1'53" at 400am this morning and I thought I was doing well!

mtbr member
    ^ That is pretty good. Yesterday I put my WTB nano on both tires (I use them if there's a high percent of pavement or very hard pack) and went on a sort of bike path tour. I usually ride mostly single track so I'm used to runs around 20-25k

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/368886882'></iframe>
    GTA
    Ontario

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Removed my XTR rear der, after two seasons of hard miles and abuse (and even falling off a crap bike rack going 30mph) cage snapped on the inner side(happened on the first 10 miles on my ride in Tahoe). Now awaiting my Saint RD from CRC

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I set 5 PRs on a bike from 1999!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

Probably drunk right now

I rode new trail...

It didn't suck. Not even a little...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-swope-downhill-2.jpg  

JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Yesterday, my son and I hit the local pump track and then rode around the local park a bit. Humidity was so high that it put a damper on our fun. Plus, we were both exhausted from all the other things (rides, walks, gym, etc.) that we did over the weekend.

Today, probably nothing.
    2013 Trek Marlin (Black)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Took some friends to ride Jedi at the top of Sullivan ridge. That's the Pacific Ocean, Santa Monica, and Palos Verdes on the LA coast in the background and downtown LA to the East.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    saturday i went to my LBS and got a new tube and some sealant for it. while i was there i talked myself out of getting new lock on grips and instead got some new diamond back flat pedals. they are a little heavier then my plastic pedals but offer tons more grip. well worth the money.
    did nothing on sunday except plan my next ride.
    monday i went to my local trails. i went on a familiar trail and got to the end and decided i wasnt going back the same way i came. i ended up getting a little lost but just kept riding until i found my car again. got a nice big drink and went on a new to me trail. i was really loving it when i saw dark clouds rollling in and got hit by a couple rain drops when i decided to call it a day.
    this ride made me realize my bike is in dire need of a tune up and that my fork may have a bad seal. more money! yay!

local trails rider
    Raced the sunset.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Super Clyde
    Got on my bike for the first time in two months after a shoulder injury running a Spartan Race. I only rode 4.8 miles because my fitness has gone to crap thanks to being sedentary and eating like crap. Now to get back to the 40-50 miles a week I was riding per injury.

mtbr member
    I think I finally got my rear brake to quit dragging.

Hope to ride it tomorrow to confirm.