Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 2924
    mtbr member
    Had to decide .... wash my bike in preparation for tomorrow or mow the grass.
    Dang my bike looks good.
    Hint on getting the gunk out of your gears and cogs. Use a shoestring and floss it out.
    Dirt, mud and oil are a part of trail riding. Finding the fastest most effective way to do maintenance is a boon.

Super Clyde

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Swapped out my stem from a 70mm to a 50mm.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1408215558.922200.jpg
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Brought my beginnerish friend to a more technical trail and he went over the handle bars twice because he refuses to learn how to go over obstacles and do drops with any sort of finesse.. Lol he'll learn one way or the other

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

29ers Forever
    I rode around and did some jumps on my 3700 Disk, and put in a short ride of 3.5 miles at the Woodstock Reservoir with my Trek Cobia.
    Tomorrow I'll do another ride on my Cobia, and most likely Tuesday. Hopefully my new gravel grinder will be ready on Monday, and by then I'll have a new rear tyre because when under load, my current rear tyre rubs into the frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Picked the wrong line, got stuck in the mud on a new trail near uMaine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-stuck.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Took my new-to-me SC Blur XC out into the woods behind the house to try out the new drivetrain it got last week. Ordered some new-to-me XTR shifters today, too (to replace the combo brake/shifters that came on it ...ugh).

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

New wall mount!

2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Broke in the new bars today. Simmons alloy with 2.5" rise. Also bought a pair of ergo grips with locks. Handles like a brand new bike. The awesome was dripping off my ride today.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    envy u guys, been kinda busy so only riding on a trainer for the last couple weeks... boring, it what it is, soon back on the grind i hope

29ers Forever
    I rode another 5.5 miles at Pine Hill Park today.
    My tyre really began to irritate me, but I was able to ride one trail I never rode before, and that made me happy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Did a little low-key 'grand opening' of the pumptrack we built in town this spring. Gave away some swag, hung out, got a few new customers, weather was perfect...good day.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

IH, HYHT.
    20 miles of gravel roads, then I trashed a brake lever bleeding my brakes. Avid Elixirs 5, cheaper to carry an anchor than try and keep these running, replace the pads then buy the bleed kit, then bleed and clean the rotors, then bleed again, then ponder the leaking fluid from the rear brake lever then order new brakes cause - damn. My wife (God created her just for me) says, "If you were buying this bike new and you could make it how you want it, what brakes would it have? When you figure that out, order new brakes, boom, done." Gotta love a woman who wants you happy with your primary commuter/trail bike.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Rode 9.3 miles this afternoon. Half on a new2me trail.
    It was at least 100 in the canyon today. I got too hot so I loafed the downhills & made the last mile back to the truck.
    Borrowed a gopro & got some good footage. I'll try to load it on YouTube tomorrow.
    Forster, your situation is the #1 reason I won't do hydro brakes.

Perpetual n00b

Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    Just rebuilt my epicon and set it at 140mm to see how I like that.

Was it 100mm before?
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Rode a couple of miles. The wife and I have been walking for a month or so. I decided to get some saddle time in so I rode my bike instead. Went really slow for her while she walked. (I know guys but she prefers to walk.) Lots of work at that speed. I did get some saddle time though. Gotta count for something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just rebuilt my epicon and set it at 140mm to see how I like that.

29ers Forever
    I rode in the Mason Racing group ride tonight. I got a pinch flat, after getting a new tyre and taking 10-15psi out of it before the ride. I didn't bring a spare tube so now I have to pay someone for giving me their spare tube.
    Also someone broke a rear derailleur.
    All in all it was a very dark techy ride, 7.5 miles, and I was exhausted.

mtbr member
    Took the rear wheel off of the Kona to get a new tube. Unfortunately, both LBS were closed due to monsoon-induced blackouts south of my house.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I rode mine it was fun lol

mtbr member
    Road tested a new bike. I Bought a used "B" bike so i can bring a friend and show him or her how great mtbiking is ! Got a 2012 DeVinci Cameleon entry level HT used for 200 $ I plan on buying another one so we will have enough bikes for a foursome

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Got rid of my many times broken sram chain for a kmc.. Yay

29ers Forever
    Took my "old" gravel bike out on some back roads. Steep climbs, fast descents, some singletrack, class 4 road, almost 6 miles.
    I can't wait to take my new Gravel bike on a ride later this week.

mtbr member
    Rode my five mile square. I do it at least once later in the week to keep my legs in shape for the weekend. Might make another run tomorrow. Depends on time available.
    The bike doesn't make you go fast.
    You make the bike go fast.

Perpetual n00b

Broke my chain then had to out run a storm

The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Finally rode my Kona after getting a new tube (the roads are still dirty from the previous monsoon). Made it as far as Rotary Park, saw the lightning, reversed direction.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I went over the bars... Into a tree... And then a ditch. Stem came loose.. I gotta check that more often

29ers Forever
    Went 6 miles of mostly climbing on my Raleigh, it's maiden voyage.

mtbr member

Took off these...

Used a pipe cutter to trim a half inch off the end cause they were on so tight the bent the end of my handlebar and made it like this...

Also put on my new brake pads on the rear. Not able to ride today. Pulled a muscle in my back. Should be good to go by next week. Also looking to buy a new stem.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperborean11 View Post
    Took off these...

Used a pipe cutter to trim a half inch off the end cause they were on so tight the bent the end of my handlebar and made it like this...

Also put on my new brake pads on the rear. Not able to ride today. Pulled a muscle in my back. Should be good to go by next week. Also looking to buy a new stem.
    Why did you take off the bar ends? I like bar ends because they help on the climbs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode 12 miles on new-to-me trails. White Clay Creek in DE.

mtbr member
    Rode around in the desert around our fire station. ..

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Why did you take off the bar ends? I like bar ends because they help on the climbs.
    I've had them on for months and almost never used them. I'm pretty rookie and where I'm at in southeast Michigan there's not a ton of major climbs where I felt I needed them.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperborean11 View Post
    I've had them on for months and almost never used them. I'm pretty rookie and where I'm at in southeast Michigan there's not a ton of major climbs where I felt I needed them.
    That's a good reason.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Degreased my drivetrain and applied Squirt water/wax based chain lube.

IH, HYHT.
    Replaced my Elixir 3s with BB7s. No more bleeding, thinking about bleeding or whining about how little I like bleeding brakes.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    12.5 miles this morning, a lot of people out riding. Forgot to check air pressure in tires before leaving the parking lot and at the end came to the conclusion that 26 is to low for me and 32 to high. Now that Quiet Waters has developed a deep sandy area by the paddle boat lake where they bulldozed overgrown vegetation. I have a better idea of how my recent tire combo is working out, Ardent 2.25 F Crossmark 2.10 R both EXO and TR, I have to say I'm pretty pleased, the Ardent in front is hands and shoulders above the X-King it replaced in keeping a straight line through the deep sand. I've yet to ride in West Delray yet where the roots and ruts are many , but so far so good. The tires do a much better job keeping pressure than the X-Kings they replaced between rides and the sidewalls dont look anything like the Conti's. So far I'd say they are the best combo I've had in So Flo in terms of an all around tire.Now if I can get more than 400 miles out of them I'll really be happy.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

29ers Forever
    7.4 miles on my Gravel Grinder on some back roads today.
    Realised the Tektros suck, so they don't really work on the descents. Because of this I go too fast over some washed out roads, irritating my arms.
    Other than that there was mud.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Switched out the 26 tooth for a 24 this morning. Got a harder climb tomorrow I'm prepping for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Today i installed a set of BB7s, a rockshox reba fork, and a pair maxxis ardent tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140823_170059.jpg  

mtbr member

It's ALIIIIVE!! My Franken-bike is complete..I installed Jagwire throughout, LX front and rear, BB7's and RF XC crankset, Giant Cores and some cool Vans ODI's,..gonna go get it dirty tomorrow morning..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I didn't ride at all. Started looking for my lights so I can ride of an evening a little later in the year. I found my tail light, found the front light but haven't found my mount for it yet.

mtbr member
    Rode a new2me trail in the canyon that is pretty dang technical. It ties into two other trails that I already ride. Together the entire ride is almost nine miles. Seems that I have to ride at least seven to eight miles to get any satisfaction anymore.
    BTW it was 102 when I started my ride yesterday. An hour later when I finished it was 90 at 8:00 pm

IH, HYHT.
    Finished a 103.2 mile ride on the Fargo and two minutes behind me was another Fargo (with the stock Conti's) who rode an extra 9 miles for 112.2 miles. Guess my 16 mph average can't hold up against a seasoned endurance racer.

29ers Forever
    I rode a muddy 5.5-6 mile ride at Mount Ascutney.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Trying to get in shape and ride more so today I did 16 miles and my tail bone was screaming in pain when I was done. Guess my attempt at a seat adjustment was a bad idea.

Even better, I decided to crash my new bike for a second time. Took the wrong fork on a trail on my return back and was going faster than I should have been. By the time I realized it was the wrong trail i hit a bit of moss on a downhill turn and tucked the front wheel.

Bent the rear derailleur hanger and the front rim. Putting this trek care to good use already

mtbr member
    Rode a little squirrley single track today. Was built in a caliche pit. Was loose bumpy & overgrown. The grasshoppers were taking over. Would be a nice little track of it was laid out differently. Front wheel washed out once early on. All the decent downs end up in a hairpin so you can't get enough speed to climb the next one. I'll have to ride it a few more times to see if I can get inside the designers head. Right now.... Not.

mtbr member
    Got lost.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    did a 5 mile urban ride on knobbies......liking the lightness of the rockhopper over the heavy arse bikes I was riding before
    97 specialized rockhopper.- winter beater
    2013 GT aggressor 3.0- summer commuter

29ers Forever
    12 miles yesterday and 7 miles today on my old Gravel bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    back in the day when I was much younger, I would ride all day long with my riding buddies sometimes covering 60 miles or more in one day..... todays 5 mile ride is the longest I have ridden in awhile due to health issues

mtbr member
    Got in a quick 20 today.

2 1/2 weeks before my B race!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Replaced the cassette and chain!

mtbr member
    Picked up my rear wheel after getting it trued. Put it on my bike and took a quick ride up the block. Then went back to work on my daughter's bike. Got it pretty much ready for the weekend. It's an old ozone my Dad gave her. We will have a family ride / picnic this weekend.
    Riding that old Ozone definitely makes me appreciate my Jamis. Conversely I know there are kids who would love to have that bike.

I ride bikes
    Got to ride with 3 guys I had never ridden with before yesterday. They showed me some new trails. Later this week I want to show them some of the trails that I hit.

mtbr member
    Soooo...I made some noob mistakes today. At the recommendation of a few people I decided to upgrade my stem. So I have never done this before but figured "hey how hard can it be?" I was right! Super easy.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag1646.jpg

Then came the realization that my old 90's era handlebar will no longer fit. Oops. So then I find out that to get a new handlebar I should go wider than the short straight bar I have. Well I decided to test out a wider bar...by doing this...

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag1645.jpg

Yeah I rode around the street after marking the length of the new handlebar I am getting on a garden hoe. Wow I have to say this is going to be an adjustment. The new bar will be adding over 2 inches on both sides. And it will be a riser. But hey I guess this is all part of the learning process. If I don't like it I can always go back. I have to say even though I'm stumbling through these fixes and upgrades I am really enjoying it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Went out on my second ride today. Good, but stinking hot. Got about 4 miles down and had to call it. Next time going out earlier in the day.

mtbr member
    Went for a 2hr 15min killer yesterday, lots of climbs and head winds... today 45 min cruise with kids
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

IH, HYHT.
    Hucked out a 6.6 mile brake burn-in ride today. Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake. Boring but the brakes work great now so there's that. Also made a new cable retaining clamp for my fork after breaking the original one. This one is black linen micarta (looks like carbon fiber - sort of) and much stronger than stock. God bless my dremel tool and drill press.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Took my fat bike for a spin

mtbr member
    Went to holbridge again. Found out I'm still outta shape. 6 miles in this humidity and I'm beat. Me and a buddy both went over the handlebars at the same time. That was pretty funny. But the whole purpose was to test out the new stem and handlebars. The final verdict: they are one hell of an upgrade.

29ers Forever
    5 mile ride at Pine Hill Park. It was a great ride, but I broke a spoke and didn't realize it until I got back to the car.
    That's the second broken spoke in a month.

29ers Forever
    11 mile gravel road ride today before the rain.

IH, HYHT.
    I rode 12 miles with the wife and just beat rain also. Must be the day for that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    5 mile ride by myself. Paved trail. (yeah I know.) I was still riding. Trying to find my lights so I can ride after dark. I may ride today. We shall see. Hot and I am kinda tired. Had to work today so I am now feeling lazy and I have tomorrow off. Might ride tomorrow instead.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Installed new seat, handle bars and grips

mtbr member
    Won't be doing much today... Planned to do a ride, but there's a gunmen on the loose! Lurking around the trails where I am...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ™

mtbr member
    Helped my son put on a pair of carbon fiber handlebars then we hit the single track for a seven mile ride.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    Won't be doing much today... Planned to do a ride, but there's a gunmen on the loose! Lurking around the trails where I am...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ™
    Out of personal preservation...where is this at?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Will be riding about dark again tonight. small handfull of miles. Nothing serious. Just getting some saddle time. That is what matters right now. Getting saddle time.

29ers Forever
    19 miles on my Misceo at the local rail trail, just to get a lot of fast mileage before the week.

That was a total of 35 or so miles for me this weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Squeezed in 9 mile at Dupont Friday evening after work. Went back Sunday afternoon for 10 miles with a bud. Rode Ridgeline trail for the first time(awesome!)
    Went today to Green River Gamelands and rode Turkey Gut to Stairstep to Bear Branch and down Bishop Branch. My climbing legs were toast.
    Great weekend though!

mtbr member
    Fixed an annoying creak on my Salsa. I thought it was coming from the BB, but it turned out to be a loose pivot bearing.

Of course I had to pull the crankset and chain guide in order to get at the bearing bolt, so I checked the BB and re lubed everything while it was apart.

Good as new!

Then I did a 6 mile road ride with it and bunny hopped a bunch of times and practiced riding wheelies. I'm getting better!
    '15 Charge Cooker Maxi 2
    '13 Salsa Horsethief 2
    '12 Trek 6000
    '11 Ridley X-Ride
    '11 Santa Cruz Driver 8

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sold it for $2000.. Sold after a day in craigslist.. Didn't really want to sell it.. Too many upgrades but bike has not been used for 4 mos now since i got my fatboy... With my bluto on the way, the bike would be gathering dust.. Bike belongs in the trail, not in the garage... Goodbye scott, happy trails

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg

I ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or View Post
    Sold it for $2000.. Sold after a day in craigslist.. Didn't really want to sell it.. Too many upgrades but bike has not been used for 4 mos now since i got my fatboy... With my bluto on the way, the bike would be gathering dust.. Bike belongs in the trail, not in the garage... Goodbye scott, happy trails

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	920205
    You are probably the first person that i know of that has sold their main bike when they bought a fatbike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    You are probably the first person that i know of that has sold their main bike when they bought a fatbike.
    don't really need an extra bike.. 3 weeks ago i had 3 bikes.. another fatbike (kona wo). my scott spark elite and the fatboy.. got rid of the kona coz' didn't need 2 fatbikes.. then wasn't using the scott for awhile.. was thinking of keeping it but where i ride here in san diego, the fatboy with front suspension should be adequate.. but too be honest i'm having a sellers remorse if there is such a thing.. should ghave kept the damn bike.. oh well.. maybe save up again and get a carbon fs next year..

mtbr member
    Well, it was yesterday. I gave it a washing and a lubing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Today I did essentially my entire ride forgetting that I had my suspension locked out. I was hitting some pretty rooty-rocky single/double track at a reasonable speed thinking I was going faster than I was as the bike was bouncing around a good bit more than normal. Oh well, live and learn. ha

mtbr member
    1 hr 20 min ride... 55 mins up 15 mins down... good workout ^^

29ers Forever
    6 miles on the back roads this evening on my Raleigh.

mtbr member
    Took it in to lbs to tighten 3x very loose spokes... get it back Monday ^^ might have to take ht 29er out for a spin tomorrow...

mtbr member

I went and picked these bad boys up!

Co Springs
    Friday was day 4 of consecutive rides on the old alloy h/t - 11 year old front forks. Just happy to be getting out regularly now.

Tues was an early morning ride of 11 miles, gravel pathway; Santa Fe

Weds- a quick (for me) burst up the Chutes at Stratton to sneak in a ride I didn't have extra time for .... 4.6 miles

Thurs- 10 miles of a different section on Santa Fe with some good headwinds ...

Friday- out to see how the rain / mist left things at Mt Herman area / preserve... 3.6 miles of fun stuff there.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Riding in a competition three days in a row, today is the second day

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I took my fat bike for a ride tonight on the street.. Climbed a hill that used to kill me and it was actually fun. Yay being in great shape lol

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Rode 12 miles at West Delray today before the bottom fell out of the sky. After a few month layoff at this park I have to ask myself why I'm not riding here more often, its much better riding than Quiet Waters. Apparently I should have called the guy on Craigslist about his 2012 Trek Fuel EX 9 frame he was selling for $400 sooner because his ad has been deleted.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Went for a ride with my gf and some friends.. Fat bike is fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Today was adventurous. A huge storm last night and the trails where extremely slippery. First big decent a hit and my front tire lost traction and over the front I went. This in the first 2 minutes of my ride.

Picked myself up and kicked the trails butt for the next 20kms!

mtbr member
    Trails finally dried out and I hit 10 miles of fresh, flowing, berms, and crooked bridges, with the sun in my face. Gettin" betta" all the time. I love Mission Creek!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    10.1mi and 3300' in less than two hours. Singletrack heaven is next door to singletrack hell.
    2016 SC 5010
    2014 Kona Taro
    2014 Giant Trance (the boy's)
    2014 Kona Process 134a (the other boy's)

mtbr member
    Took 5yr old out for a spin (father's day here) he only fell off once ^^

29ers Forever
    8 miles on the road yesterday and 7 miles at Pine Hill Park today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Road 19.5 miles today at Elm Creek today. My longest single track ride ever on my bike. Ended up doing the loop twice. Interesting to see how that first three miles rides differently the second time around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Rode up Thrift Cove Rd then down Lower Black Mtn Trail in Pisgah Forest. Awesome downhill. Finished with Sycamore Cove loop. 7.5 miles total.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Biggest ride I've done on my zesty! 50km loop and feelin good What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1410141622.617997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Okay, so not what I did today, but what I did yesterday on my bike (too tired to post last night, whew!):

Took a ride up Tiger Mountain with a buddy of mine... and pretty much got my rear end kicked the whole ride. Thankfully he's a good longtime friend and was okay with having to stop so I could catch up. I spent more time walking my bike up the steeper parts of the fire road we were on than actually riding, but exercise is exercise, right? Still managed to bike/walk over 5 miles and, according to MapMyRide, burned about 1,400 calories. I also learned that an area that's "intermediate to advanced" is probably still a bit above my fitness level at the moment.

Even though I got thrashed, I'm still looking forward to getting out again (on an easier trail) and getting my fitness level to where I can actually ride the mountain instead of walking it. Still love my bike, and can't wait to get back on it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I did ride it just wasn't my mountain bike. I ride the old highway 30 from Hood River to The Dalles. There was alot more climbing than I was expecting. The wife was cussing me but I had never rode there before so I didn't know. It ended up being a great ride though. I would like to go up in the fall just to see the foliage. I think it would be beautiful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Found a nice view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    dropped it off at my LBS for a new bottom bracket

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Rode cathedral pines here on Long Island yesterday. About 6 miles on the main loop with the girlfriend who did awesome!

Riding stillwell today, hopefully she does as well as she did yesterday so her confidence stays high

Also ordering parts at the LBS for her surprise bike build that I've managed to hide from her for the last two months lol.

mtbr member
    Went out last evening with some guys that are waaaay better than me. For two hours it was push, ride, crash. Three face plants , one was hard enough to knock off my visor.
    Hardest work & best time I have ever had on my bike.
    Last edited by velo99; 09-08-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 13