Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2923
    local trails rider
    I rode around some suburbs near me.
    Sports Tracker
    Took some trail options that I hadn't used in a long time. A bit bumpy... which shows in the average speed the crummy GPS gave me: 10.8 km/h. Almost none of the trails are on Google Maps.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Nothing.

Still waiting on getting my shock back from a complete rebuild.

29ers Forever
    The rear brakes on my F9 are stuck to the caliper, I tried to take out spacers, then the pad jiggled around, so I took another pair, now the two sides don't come back together. I hate rim brake mountain bikes. I am thinking about selling the F9 just to reduce my stress and frustration with it.

mtbr member
    Installed a bash guard and road some of the single track at the Hampshire 100.
    Nice stuff!
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I finally went on some real trails today! It was some beautiful single track and HOT! I rode what my guide call "pretty easy trails". It was a freaking blast! I thought it'd be fun but no where near that fun! I only fell once! Coming down a hill into a gulch I over reacted on my front brakes and went OTB. Got up dusted myself off and straightened my handle bars and got right back on. Saw some white tail deer on the trails too must have been 15 of them at least.
    The one thing I learned was I need to practice climbing because I am horribly out of shape... And turning.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by boomy169 View Post
    I finally went on some real trails today! It was some beautiful single track and HOT! I rode what my guide call "pretty easy trails". It was a freaking blast! I thought it'd be fun but no where near that fun! I only fell once! Coming down a hill into a gulch I over reacted on my front brakes and went OTB. Got up dusted myself off and straightened my handle bars and got right back on. Saw some white tail deer on the trails too must have been 15 of them at least.
    The one thing I learned was I need to practice climbing because I am horribly out of shape... And turning.
    Climbing is the easy part, descending is where I need to improve.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    This afternoon I did a 20 mile ride along the beach. I had planed on doing 15, but got "appended" to the back of a pack of roadies on a training ride. I stayed with them on my little MTB until they left the path for other places. I wasn't going to let them drop me, and could not pass them and break away. I did, however, blow by them on the one little hill on the path. I was 4 seconds off my personal best for that hill and would have beat it except the roadies were in the way when I wanted to hammer it.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

http://db.tt/n5001n5f

Did a nice 14 mile stretch through the woods. Was in the 90's early and I decided to call it a liitle sooner. Not too many riders braving the heat.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Nothing happening here. Way to hot and to many days at work. I gotta get away more.

Hi There!
    Today is my 50th birthday, my daughter and i made a 1 hour roadie to a trail that we've never ridden. I've been to every trail in the area many times, but never made it out to this one...we had a blast. Nice trail and i can't wait to go back.
    NTFTC

Bandit 29 FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick G. View Post
    Nothing happening here. Way to hot and to many days at work. I gotta get away more.
    Where you at? I'm here in South Texas and its been over 100degs every day. I heard arizona is blistering hot.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

29ers Forever
    Rode 7 miles over at Mount Ascutney in West Windsor, VT. In most places I would have liked a full suspension bike, but in others, I was having so much fun that I did not care what bike I had.

mtbr member
    I rode at one of the oldest bike parks around this area for the first time in several years. It's pretty rough and hacked out (much worse than it was the last time I rode there), but the new 29er did it's part to keep me going. What others have said applies to me too, I'm dreadfully out of shape. 55 years old and getting back on the bicycle after an 8 year hiatus makes me realize that I haven't gotten any younger in that time period. Also having to work on getting used to the drastic difference between the dirt bikes that I've been riding all this time, and the mountain bike. LOT of differences besides the obvious pedaling vs twisting the gas.
    But the good (great) part, I'm remembering how it felt to ride a bicycle. The hard exercise euphoria during and after a ride is as addicting as ever. Back out tomorrow to one of the newest bike parks in the area for some more fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I put handlebars and pedals on one that I wish to sell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Your seats fold all the way down in your Audi? I have a 2012 lexus es and my seats won't fold down , there is only a small hatch that opens in case you want to reach in your trunk.... I could have saved myself a lot on my rack otherwise

mtbr member
    Installed a 60mm stem and 710mm handle bars, I also took off the big chain ring and installed a BBG bash guard. Was going to go for a ride when the temp cooled down but whatever I ate last night and the growler of beer I finished off has my stomach going all wonky today.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    Today is my 50th birthday, my daughter and i made a 1 hour roadie to a trail that we've never ridden. I've been to every trail in the area many times, but never made it out to this one...we had a blast. Nice trail and i can't wait to go back.
    Happy 50th birthday. May the next 20 years of riding be your very best... Or at least most enjoyable lol.

mtbr member

Rode today. Will ride again tomorrow. Life is good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Forgot to post this. Did this:

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/360548298'></iframe>

Check out that top temperature!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-tw3loym.jpg

mtbr member
    ^ over 800m Nice climb.

I puttered around a trail that's pretty new to me. (Durham forest)
    Awesome single tracks.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/362323133'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    836.981m to be exact.

Thanks for the hint on the Garmin embed, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckeieio View Post
    ^ over 800m Nice climb.

I puttered around a trail that's pretty new to me. (Durham forest)
    Awesome single tracks.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/362323133'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    So far, rode it from the garage to my car so I could load it up and head to work.... once work is over, I'm heading to a local trail, hopefully click off 7.5 miles before dark!!

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    NOTHING!!! My last ride was Sunday and when I got home I noticed my rear tire was flat. I guess the Stans was too low to make a seal. Can't ride until I get more plug juice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Rode around the neighborhood faster than average.

mtbr member
    Got my shock back from the rebuild and installed it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    [QUOTE=In-Yo-Grill;10612599]Where you at? I'm here in South Texas and its been over 100degs every day. I heard arizona is blistering hot.

I am in N.E. Oregon. We are on our 7th week of over 95degs. We also have had alot of humidity. Well it's high humid for around here. The Columbia river is giving up alot of water to evaporation around here. I know 95 doesn't sound that hot but for around here for that long it is hot. Everything is so dry that everything is closed down. Nothing off road around here.
    I do have my roadie but in order to ride I have to get up at day break. I just can't do that. I don't have it in me to get up that early, ride and then get ready to go to work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Rode to work and my rear tire started rubbing on frame.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I had a long ride planned for this morning, packed my pack last night and set the alarm early this morning. Woke up feeling a little crappy so put the ride off until tomorrow morning, hopefully the rain there calling for will hold off until the afternoon.

mtbr member
    Got in 11 miles after work.

Need to get my rear shock dialed back in.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    14 more miles along the Southern California beach. It may not be in the mountains or off-road, but there is some sand on the concrete path and the scenery is great.

29ers Forever
    Started to "Dirt Jump" with my F9. There are some jump-like bumps around my house that I like to use, but they are covered in grass, so I started to "Grass Jump" like a newbie.
    I am always thinking about selling the F9, but then I always think about what I would do without a 26er in the stable.

mtbr member
    Looked at it, mixed a really strong drink with like 100 proof vodka and stuff, then rode it four blocks to the LBS to pick up some lube since I ran out a few days ago. Of course, this is after riding 60+ miles of trail this week. Today is my rest day.
    2014 NS Bikes Clash 1 - all original
    2014 Trek Fuel EX 7 29er - modified
    2013 Trek Mamba 29er - modified

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    To celebrate my 56th birthday, I went for a ride at Will Rogers capital State Historic Park. I did two loops on the main trail. The two one-mile climbs did not seem as tough as on prior visits. Either I am getting stronger or I have figured out the correct your combination.

29ers Forever
    I also bought and installed Cannondale D3 lock-on grips on my Cobia.

29ers Forever
    I was practicing wheelies on my KMART bike. Halfway through, the front axle was loose, and the wheel prbably would have fallen off in a couple more tries.

mtbr member
    Rode it again on some muddy trails.

Still dialing in the pressure on the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Borrowed a set of toe clips/shoe cages (i've only used platform pedals until now) bought a set of Michellin Rock Country's for training on the road, bike is now 2lbs lighter, and pedals much easier needless to say.

mtbr member
    <h2><a href="http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2284126">Cool Morning Ride</a></h2> <object width="400" height="300" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://www.everytrail.com/swf/widget.swf"/><param name="FlashVars" value="units=english&mode=0&key=ABQIAAAA_7wvFEi7gG ngCZrOfos63hSN1xyBy-BzBD--25ZLXpVi3GfbehTQlZCXdpUFII2A5CGeExVTCyX1ow&tripId= 2284126&startLat=42.8455977&startLon=-71.5476087&mapType=Terrain&"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.everytrail.com/swf/widget.swf" quality="high" width="400" height="300" FlashVars="units=english&mode=0&key=ABQIAAAA_7wvFE i7gGngCZrOfos63hSN1xyBy-BzBD--25ZLXpVi3GfbehTQlZCXdpUFII2A5CGeExVTCyX1ow&tripId= 2284126&startLat=42.8455977&startLon=-71.5476087&mapType=Terrain&" play="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object><br/>EveryTrail - Find the <a href="http://www.everytrail.com/best/hiking-manchester-new-hampshire">best Hiking near Manchester, New Hampshire</a><script type="***************" src="http://www.everytrail.com/trip/widgetimpression?trip_id=2284126"></script>

mtbr member
    I thought the tires were a bit low, but 18 back and 20 front?
    I'm living in bizarro land or something.
    Back in the day I typically aired up to 40 with MIchellin 1.95's and now with the Ardent 2.25 at that pressure and it doesn't feel at all like I'm impeded.
    What's up with that?

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by oopsthathurt View Post
    Looked at it, mixed a really strong drink with like 100 proof vodka and stuff, then rode it four blocks to the LBS to pick up some lube since I ran out a few days ago. Of course, this is after riding 60+ miles of trail this week. Today is my rest day.
    Kinda the same: it's 90+ degrees and humidity here and I did trail maintenance this morning, by the time I was done it was way too hot to ride. When I got home I cracked a Heineken and rubbed the top tube a couple of times and told it "don't be sad, tomorrow it's me and you".
    NTFTC

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Did a 15mile ride with my boy in the heat and humidity.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Did a 6.5 mile ride early this morning, on a trail I never rode before. Had a blast, until I noticed my front quick release worked loose. I must have snagged something and not realized. That sucker was on there fairly tight (or so I thought) and I had the QR lever snugged up against the fork leg. Thankfully I noticed it towards the home stretch and survived the ride. The thought of losing my front wheel mid ride scared the ****e out of me. Stopped by my LBS on the way home a picked up a pair of DT-Swiss RWS skewers.

Rogue Exterminator
    Pulled the flagging tape for a fundraising event.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-stt12.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Put it up on the roof rack drove to the trailhead, where it remained. Instead of riding, I clipped nearly 2 miles of brambles with hand clippers. Much like being in a battle with a BB gun vs. a 50 cal. Got back way too thrashed to ride.

(tapa)

mtbr member

Put a new chain on my 29er. Current one has about 70% life left but wanted to get this chain mated in as well so i have 2 chains gtg on these rings/cassette.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member

Rode it. Noticed I am getting a creak from somewhere. Not sure where. Tightened up the cranks a bit. Tightened the headtube bolts a bit. We will see what happens tomorrow.

mtbr member

Cleaned it (minus tires), lubed it and tried something new. Plasti-dipped the front lowers and chain stay.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1377402785002.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1377402805068.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2010

Went on a ride with some friends today hit some drops and jumps that I have skipped by many times and it feels amazing to finally conquer them

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Rode an hour to a Cyclocross event, raced it, rode an hour and a half home...
    Was very pleased I didn't take the CX bike. There was a 200m long stretch of rocky river bed in the course...

mtbr member
    Registered for my first 6 hour race.

I'm gonna die.