1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    A very muddy day.

mtbr member
    Nice hour long ride with my brother-in-law.... very refreshing.... forgot how much fun we have when we ride together.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Not exactly today's ride, but Oakeshott reminded me of this one. This was after a 20 minute race after starting off pretty much clean. It was pretty interesting

mtbr member
    May 2010
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356758649.100044.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Got my bars and stem on

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Smiled and railed Lawndale

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    work and weather havent been cooperating so I decided to take the bike apart. gonna slap some upgrades on over the next few days.
    Just some yahoo on a Wahoo

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

!st off road experience

went on my first trail ride. Lots of fun.Not sure how to go down steep drops with turns at the end.Rode the brake too much. Still had fun

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Rode 2 loops on one of my go-to solo trails. Couldn't get the boy motivated to get out of bed and ride with me today. Changed my first flat tire ever on the trail about 6.5 miles not the first loop. Not sure if I'm still considered a noob at this point (just started riding earlier is year), but hadn't had a flat while riding where I was equipped to change the tube out. Took me longer to get the Camelbak & gloves off, get the tools & spare tube out than it did to actually fix the flat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    crash...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Crashing is no good

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    A little winter riding:

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Awesome what kind of bike you riding in the snow? How do you like it I have never ridden in the snow

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddin22 View Post
    Awesome what kind of bike you riding in the snow? How do you like it I have never ridden in the snow
    2011 Spec' Hardrock Disc. with Captain Control 2.0" front and Hardrock'r 1.95" rear. Both tires did well on day 1, day 2 added a lil more snow and more ruts from other riders.

Day 1 was fantastic i must say. It's totally ride-able. Day 2 added a lil more snow and there were more ruts that could throw your steering off...this was mainly on parts of the trail that were not packed down via sled. So Day 2 was a lil more difficult...doesn't help that i had my DSLR slung around my neck thus i'm not 100% riding.

Hardpacked snow = fantastic to ride on.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Huh that's awesome!!! I thought it was a hardrock but wasn't sure.. I have a hardrock as well. Huh I will have to go check out the trails near me and see if pole are riding to pack it down. Where a outs are you? I am north east part of US

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddin22 View Post
    Huh that's awesome!!! I thought it was a hardrock but wasn't sure.. I have a hardrock as well. Huh I will have to go check out the trails near me and see if pole are riding to pack it down. Where a outs are you? I am north east part of US
    NE Indiana. Give it a shot. I had a great time out there.

29ers Forever
    I am from VT and could hardly ride my bike if I wanted to! I've got nearly two feet of snow on my trails that is not packed down. Even if I tried to ride, my F9 has rim brakes that do NOT stop in the snow. Oh well. I just have to sit and wait for my '13 Cobia to come in to my LBS.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- 26er
    1994 Cannondale R300- narrow tire roadie

mtbr member
    Rode the snow then mounted my new PCS-12 to my workbench. What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356890520.264452.jpg

turtles make me hot
    I walked past mine in the living room and wondered how the front tire could possibly be flat as it's brand new and I just mounted it up with a fresh dose of Stan's three days ago...
    Turns out, I left the presta valve open. Went for a night ride the other night that way. WOOO HOO!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Mounted up some new 203mm discs, and gave it some tlc.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Installed some hydro discs and new forks.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Rode 15 miles...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Did two laps. 16.7 miles. My longest to date. Didn't want to stop, but saw a buddy on both laps, at the same place so chatted, then rode the rest of my final lap back with him.

mtbr member
    Did my first night ride, alone, freaky, saw LOTS of little eyes off in the desert. No pics, was too busy pedaling as fast as I could to get away from whatever was out there. lol. Also mounted up some christmas presents for the bike, BBG bashguard and obviously the light set up,

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBerNick View Post
    Did my first night ride, alone, freaky, saw LOTS of little eyes off in the desert. No pics, was too busy pedaling as fast as I could to get away from whatever was out there. lol. Also mounted up some christmas presents for the bike, BBG bashguard and obviously the light set up,
    I love riding alone at night.. Freaks me out a little, but there's no wild animals to be afraid of where I ride.
    I like turtles

Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast