Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2923
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    I did an 8 mile ride to break in my new Epicon fork and WTB Speed V Comp saddle.
    Last edited by dharel1705; 07-29-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Forgot about new saddle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I did a 4.7 mile loop on The Millennium Loop in Calabasas, California. This included riding to and from the trailhead. It also included a bunch of HAB. I did one OTB, when there was a very sudden dip right around a blind switchback. I came out of the switchback, the front wheel went down and bam. Fortunately, I was pretty slow from the switchback.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Started the day with a 9.7 mile ride! Then I had to go to work.

mtbr member
    New Manitou Tower Expert is here. First time I'll ride a fork better then the stock Suntour Pogo Stick. Couldn't possibly be more excited

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    10.98 miles this morning before work.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Washed her down and added a different chainstay protector...
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    New rubber schwalbe nobby nics
    Checked sag
    Riding tonight

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Slapped on 2 bottle cages and got the new bottles in the dishwasher now

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I didn't do anything with it or on it. Forced to go into forced labor so I can get some more money for food and bike stuff.

mtbr member
    After working out in the sun all day and a quick break, water and food with a wee squirt of Hammer gel, Sloopy said "let's ride". A nice pleasant 6 miles of single in shaded woods and a goopy black mud hole normally missed but for Sloopy letting loose---and she needs a bath. Hang on Sloopy.

29ers Forever
    Took my Cobia out on the trails on my property. The new rubber is amazing.
    Put a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 on the front, and a Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 on the back. Those are wide tires for the Cobia considering that the stock tires were normal 2.20 Bontrager XR-2 29.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Took my Cobia out on the trails on my property. The new rubber is amazing.
    Put a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 on the front, and a Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 on the back. Those are wide tires for the Cobia considering that the stock tires were normal 2.20 Bontrager XR-2 29.
    Try reversing that set up. I promise it will handle better

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Try reversing that set up. I promise it will handle better
    He beat me to it but you definitely want skinny in back fat up front.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by tehninjo0 View Post
    He beat me to it but you definitely want skinny in back fat up front.
    No, I think that I would rather have better grip with a wider tire in back, while having less rolling resistance in front.
    I have a 29er so I obviously don't care how well it turns. The front is still wider than stock, and the much wider rear tire will help with grip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I rode on a flat service road that tended to have a lot of lose sand. It was great practice until I got a flat.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I rode on a flat service road that tended to have a lot of lose sand. It was great practice until I got a flat.
    You should try Schwalbe tires with the Kevlar guard. They seem to be getting good reviews.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    You should try Schwalbe tires with the Kevlar guard. They seem to be getting good reviews.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have some of the tube protectors, but stopped using them due to the weight. However, come to think of it, for dirt, the weight really is not that much extra and I have a set of road wheels for riding the road. I think I'll put them back. I will, first check out the Kevlar ones.

mtbr member
    added a set of V8 flat pedals. Hope to go riding tomorrow.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Nothing today... Working. Hitting the trail tomorrow morning when I get off work. Have a 13-15 miler planned. And a couple of cold ones to follow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Chased three horses I came upon roaming the roadway during my 10.8 mile ride this morning.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    Nothing today... Working. Hitting the trail tomorrow morning when I get off work. Have a 13-15 miler planned. And a couple of cold ones to follow.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1375473781996.jpg

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Got my stem cut down and a Fox Shox lesson in rebound and dampening.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    After a little over a month of owning my bike, I was finally able to do a bona fide mountain/trail ride. He a great time even though the trails I started on exceeded my skill level. Turned around and moved down to some lower trails. Need to ride those a while to build some skills before trying the other trails again. Looking forward to the next time I can go!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Nothing today. But tomorrow i am going to go check out my next ride. Again it won't be single track but it is dirt and down hill and it's not home. Right now anywhere but home is a good thing. I really need to get away.

29ers Forever
    Today I tried a new combination of trails at Pine Hill Park in Rutland, VT. I rode a total of 8-9 miles, which is more than normal.
    Here is the order:
    Up Escalator, Up Svelte Tiger, Watkins Wood Road towards Rocky Pond, Up Upper Ledges, across Droopy Muffin towards Rocky Pond, Up Underdog, Up Shimmer, Down Overlook, Down Jersey Turnpike, Across Santa's Little Helper towards Rocky Pond, Down Droopy Muffin, Up and Down Salamander, Down Droopy Muffin all the way to Sore Elbow, up Sore Elbow, Down Rembrant's bush, Down Sisyphus, Down Trillium, Up Birches, Down Quartzite, through the Quarry, back on Crusher Road to Escalator.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    15 more miles along the beach. I was not trying for speed, but had my fastest time yet. Perhaps it was trying to show up the roadies.

mtbr member
    Hit the trails after a week of reconditioning. Stopped at my usual checkpoint for water and and a cliff bar when I overheard a group of guys on absurdly high end bikes for the Texas hill country (Specialized Enduro with 200 mm DH fork, Yeti SB95 with 180 mm of travel, etc...) talking about the need for paved pumptracks as it would be more efficient than dirt. Then one of the guys suggested they ride the paved road trails because it was much smoother.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member
    An easy 6 mile road ride to test out my new clipless pedals for the first time
    1997 Haro Vector V3 - 2003 Giant OCR 3 - 2013 Dawes Haymaker 1500 - 2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp

mtbr member

Came up with this sweet little thing. Major PITA to get it setup but am happy with the adjustments I came up with. Will hit Peter's Canyon tomorrow.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1375587528124.jpg

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SocalTeknique; 08-12-2013 at 10:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yesterday I went and checked out my next couple of rides. One was an old jeep trail and the other was an old logging trail that has grown because of more traffic. Still dirt.
    As for my bike. I have a bit of work to do. simple stuff but it still needs to be done. I might get some of that done today.

Kick Start My Heart

3rd ride on my new Trek, and took a gravel throwdown. The bike is okay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screen-shot-2013-08-04-1.00.22-pm.jpgI road a new to me trail system this morning with my friend George, who pushes me as he is a very good rider. Going down a much deserved hill I was carrying a bit more speed than I should have and hit a washed out rut in gravel/rock stuff, buried the front and did a superman over the bars. Luckily at nearly 58 I still bounce. Well sort of. Minor arm scrapes and something pulled at the hamstring/calf junction on the outside of right leg. Still road a couple more miles, but its stiff. I think fine, though. The good news is the new Yeti is fine and I still bounce. First major crash in 12 years--it feels great.

mtbr member
    Another 8.4 and liking the feel
    1997 Haro Vector V3 - 2003 Giant OCR 3 - 2013 Dawes Haymaker 1500 - 2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Rode a race course up at Stonewall Farm in southern, NH, it's only 3.6 miles but it takes me a long time averaging 4.9mph. It's fun and varied and I find it to be very challenging as a newbie, I'd like something a little more beginner friendly but I had a great time with it all the same.

the day I stay in the saddle the through the entire course I'll be very happy

29ers Forever
    I rode around the trails at my house again today, and realized that my new rear tire rubs on the derailleur when it is in 1st gear in the front. . But now I am thinking about converting to either XX1 (pricey), or X01 (dependent on price). But whatever I choose, it will not be until winter when I upgrade.

mtbr member
    Yesterday I road the new Ergon GP1 Bio-Cork grips.
    No numbness and all around awesome!

29ers Forever
    Today I demoed a 2013 Trek Rumblefish at Pine Hill Park in Rutland, VT. I was able to ride so much faster and harder than on my Cobia, but at the end of the ride, I was too exhausted to notice any difference between the two.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    installed new tires upgrading from stock tires to Bontrager 29-4 Expert. they claim to be better suited for loose gravel. they definitely are more knobby and sticky.
    i scraped a few weeks back and left some skin on the trail, time to get back on the horse!

mtbr member
    Yesterday I road a loop on my nearby home trails avoiding mud after the deluge. The ground drains and perks real well in these parts.
    Today Ill be out exploring a new 'super double secret' future trail network for SNH.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by old as ned View Post
    installed new tires upgrading from stock tires to Bontrager 29-4 Expert. they claim to be better suited for loose gravel. they definitely are more knobby and sticky.
    i scraped a few weeks back and left some skin on the trail, time to get back on the horse!
    If you want a big improvement, try some Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires next time you upgrade.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    If you want a big improvement, try some Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires next time you upgrade.
    thx F9 they look like a great tire

mtbr member
    Rode about 10.2 miles, weather is great today

mtbr member
    MIle Slip Exploratory Ride fullscreen map | EveryTrail

THere was a wee climbing to do, but some real nice downhills as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I packed my 26er and 29er into a 4 door sedan!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Rode a little over 16 miles today. Tried out my new Osprey Viper 5 pack.

mtbr member

I rode in my first xc race. Did the novice class and had a great time!

mtbr member

Rode in my first xc race. Did the novice class and had a great time!

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post

I packed my 26er and 29er into a 4 door sedan!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Why couldn't you just fold the rear seats down, I fit my Cobia in a 2013 Audi S6 sedan with a large toolbox and a bunch of other stuff.

Redcoat
    After watching countless you tube videos on how to perform your own maintenance on mtn bikes, i finally got to the bottom of the ticking sound which in turn was coming from my pedals. removed regreased and re-attached and my bike is silent as a silent does. Im very chuffed to say the least. I also installed a new chain and tightened everything up.
    My bike is currently in better condition than any time i have had it back from a service.

The silence didnt last for long though as the woots coming from me as i was taking a 12 mile xc trail afterwards could be heard for all around.

Paid for my new FS bike which will arrive this week also. Weekend successful.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Why couldn't you just fold the rear seats down, I fit my Cobia in a 2013 Audi S6 sedan with a large toolbox and a bunch of other stuff.
    Well they don't fold down lol (It's an old car). That and i have a bunch of water bottles and stuff in my trunk. Really that is the best way to pack it, the only pain in the ass is pulling the seatpost out.

The 26er is awesome because all u have to do is pop the front wheel out and slide it in behind the front seats, very easy. The 29er is just too big and u have to pop both wheels off and pull the seatpost (only when trying to pack 2 bikes). Normally if it is just the 29er u just pop both wheels out and stash the frame behind the front seats.