Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 2924
    mtbr member
    Waited til dark for the temperature to drop.100 today. Took a ride with my daughter about 6 miles on the road. She is my protoge and I am still pretty green to mtbr. We'll learn I together.

banned
    May 2014
    I rode it like a stole it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres Bottelas View Post
    I rode it like a stole it.
    LoL nice!

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Stared at it after I got home at 2am for a bit.
    Finally got around to upgrading my POS brakes. Picked these up pretty cheap with new rotors.

Also picked this up for the hell of it.

Been away for two weeks for work so I may have to ride it until it rains again then I'll replace the brakes. I've been having withdraws.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose302 View Post
    Stared at it after I got home at 2am for a bit.
    Finally got around to upgrading my POS brakes. Picked these up pretty cheap with new rotors.

Also picked this up for the hell of it.

Been away for two weeks for work so I may have to ride it until it rains again then I'll replace the brakes. I've been having withdraws.
    Nice I like the cap!

mtbr member
    May 2010

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Gave my stumpy a nice batch and lube job!!! Broke 200 miles on her the other day!!!!

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by elliott436 View Post
    Nice I like the cap!
    I prefer Niner's slogan better. Pedal Dammit.

Anyway I rode a fast 6 mile loop at Pine Hill Park today. The weather was absolutely perfect.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I've been exploring the local trail system since getting my new bike a few weeks ago. Went to the very top today, roughly 1300' up, and did some new routes on the way down. Forgot to dial my fork compression back for the descent and wondered why it was rougher than it should of been... It was a good ride, though. Probably an 8+ mile trek, but i'd like to get an odometer so I can really know how far i'm going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140726_091012_zps2fd76d3d.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just use endomondo on my phone it works pretty well.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Yeah, just found out it would be easy to use my phone for that purpose, and, voila, now I have an app!

Somersault Expert
    Mar 2014
    Replaced my X7 shifters with XOs. Cursed the designer of the XO cable retainer, several times.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg

Had a run-in with a tree. The tree always wins.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by db440 View Post
    Yeah, just found out it would be easy to use my phone for that purpose, and, voila, now I have an app!
    I recall replacing the computer on my bike over a year ago and I did the 'roll-out method' for calibration. I think it's described on Sheldon's page. I mention it because a week or so ago, I checked it against the gps / Map my ride/run program on my phone and at just over 5 miles, got two very similar results. I was impressed.

Planet Bike odo 5.26 miles
    GPS Mapmyride 5.19

.07 variation over 5 miles ...

No ride Saturday for me.... getting on task for the To Do list but it did involve hanging 4 bikes in the garage for better organization and access.

Kid and his wife moving in/storing furniture at our place for 11 days between their move.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Well I didn't do anything today on the bike with the storms. But I did order my new acer single digit 7 brakes (don't laugh, it's an old bike). Also ordered two new water bottle holders and bottles. And some new Fox dirtpaw gloves. Pretty excited.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Got out Saturday morning for an early morning trail ride with some friends. Pretty beginner stuff, but definitely got the juices flowing.

Went to a park I've never been too this afternoon (Water Dog Lake in Belmont, CA) for a little exploratory ride. Just cruised around for an hour and checked it out. It ended up being quite a bit more difficult than any of the trails I have been on up to this point. Really enjoyed it though.
    2015 Norco Fluid 7.2

mtbr member
    Starting a new job last month has left me little time to bike. I work 11:30-7 and am just exhausted at night and still too tired in the morning to get a ride in. I also got a ear infection a couple weeks ago that is still nagging on so just haven't been in the mood. I am going to try this week though for sure. It has been a rainy summer for us this year but its suppose to be somewhat decent during the middle of this week.

Co Springs
    3 miles of picking out sandy gravel path and trail this morning with a few hills and moderate climbs. Def happy to be able to get out on the heels of some rain though.

Forgot how 58 degrees can feel so warm and muggy but we had it today.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member

Got to test out the new brakes. MAN what a difference.

And now that I'm getting more confident going faster I think it's finally time to replace this fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just serviced my epicon.. Gonna go ride tomorrow

mtbr member

This

2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

29ers Forever
    Today I went on a group ride with the guys from Mason Racing at the Boston Lot in Lebanon New Hampshire. Those trails were rooty and rocky, and the rain yesterday made them wet. But I kept up with the pro level riders until the very end, but my bike was not set up for those trails and I wasn't able to keep up enough momentum for my tall gearing to work and I kept slipping. But it was a fine ride altogether.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

This is where I usually go on the weekdays

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Found way more mud than I should have.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Took this a little too fast and got bounced off.. Hit the tree but it wasn't too bad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    not the best video or timing, but got a little air today.

Instagram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-jump.png  

29ers Forever
    I did a wimpy thing on my bike today. I changed my 34T ring to a 30T ring in the front so I could make more climbs at a local technical trail network.
    I also added crank arm end guards that are slightly too small.
    Hopefully I will go riding tomorrow.

mtbr member

Threw on a new cheap tire to replace the stock tire after I got tired of it washing out. Not very good in the mud but better than the stocker.
    New one works quite a bit better even for being a cheaper tire.
    Now to find a good one for the rear so I stop slipping going up hills.

mtbr member
    Watched my son catch too much air, come down wrong, and go OTB. He was ok, he knows how to tuck and roll.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    got over 10 feet of air on a trek 3500 at my local trail.
    Kinda scary. I was shooting for just enough to get across a 20' creek.
    funny, about a month ago I was scared to go off a 3' ramp.
    lol
    I beat myself up today on a trail. did the advanced at Idawild park in burlington- same route as the race on August 9. However I did it twice. After said jump.
    glad my new fork will be here in a few days.

mtbr member
    Prepping the bike for a XC race tomorrow.

29ers Forever
    Rode a 7 mile figure 8 at the STAB trails in Brownsville, VT. I rode some new trails that were very fun and technical. I might start riding here more as a training ground for when I ride at Boston Lot with the group from Mason Racing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407021793.427830.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407021830.617100.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407021856.458014.jpg
    Bought my new lapierre zesty
    Got my new lapierre zesty nice and muddy
    About to clean my new lapierre zesty
    I love my new lapierre zesty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Rode, rinsed, ready for a repeat.

Co Springs
    A 5 mile ride out on some of the smooth pathways my wife likes around 730 am.

Professional Noob
    Replaced my 160mm Shimano rotors with a 203mm-front and 180mm-rear Alligator set. Man alive...

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0565.jpg
    => CannondaleExperts.com <=
    All the parts and accessories your Cannondale ever needs

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Cool brakes.

I helped a friend set up a 204 mm rear rotor on his road tandem.

He still has rim brakes on the front -- claims they actually stop better. However, they can get the rim so hot the tire will blow -- not what you want when descending a mountain at 40+ mph. So the rear brake is the primary brake on long descents.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisF View Post
    Cool brakes.

I helped a friend set up a 204 mm rear rotor on his road tandem.

He still has rim brakes on the front -- claims they actually stop better. However, they can get the rim so hot the tire will blow -- not what you want when descending a mountain at 40+ mph. So the rear brake is the primary brake on long descents.
    Tandems need disk brakes. The rim brakes aren't really enough stopping power for the weight while going down a hill.

mtbr member
    Eicca
    Did you have to move the caliper when you enlarged the rotor?
    I rode seven miles in Palo Duro Canyon. Two of which were on a trail I hadn't ridden before. I will be adding that loop to the one I currently ride til I have the skills to ride harder trails. This time I scuffed my left leg instead of the right.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Rode 12.5 this morning, it was much better than the 6 I did yesterday. Nice and cloudy and overcast lowered the temps from yesterday. Talked to a Airborne Evo Goblin owner which is getting serious consideration for my next hard tail bike. I just cant seem to get the idea of a steel hard tail out of my head though.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue426 View Post
    Rode 12.5 this morning, it was much better than the 6 I did yesterday. Nice and cloudy and overcast lowered the temps from yesterday. Talked to a Airborne Evo Goblin owner which is getting serious consideration for my next hard tail bike. I just cant seem to get the idea of a steel hard tail out of my head though.
    if you're looking for a longer travel more "all mountain" hardtail, look at the Trek Stache. It has a good component spec for the price.

mtbr member
    Raced it. 8D

Professional Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Eicca
    Did you have to move the caliper when you enlarged the rotor?
    I had to purchase an adapter which moves the caliper to the correct position. I paid $21 for both adapters.
    => CannondaleExperts.com <=
    All the parts and accessories your Cannondale ever needs

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Have a warped rear rotor. Considering replacing it or upgrading to a larger rotor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How warped? I made the mistake of replacing my warped rotors with what were supposed to be avid rotors from eBay but I'm pretty sure that they are counterfeit because they are absolutely garbage. I ended up upgrading my bb5s to bb7s with real discs and they are fine now. I also got a refund from the seller for the bad discs. And then I ended up putting my bb5s on my gf's bike and spent an hour or 2 truing my old discs and now they're fine.

mtbr member
    I rode some familiar trails backwards. Learned why that way is backwards, much more challenging.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode a short two trails today (5 miles). Ripped my clear out of my shoes. But enjoyed riding my new Opus Stakh 3

mtbr member
    Ou2
    It's not too bad. Just rub a little sometimes when it gets dirty while riding. Occasionally it pulses when I stop. Had it adjusted at my lbs a few weeks ago. Helped some but I can't get it completely true. Looked at a replacement Saturday at my lbs. At least he didn't try to sell me a new set of brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Rode 2 loops with the girlfriend today, she and I are both really starting to improve and it feels awesome.

I used to ride all the time when I was younger so I am familiar with a lot of skills I have to learn again. It's starting to come together and I'm starting to go faster and harder on these rides

My girlfriend has never mountain biked before, so she's a little bit of a steeper learning curve but she's doing great! We did her favorite loop twice again today and set our fastest time and highest average speed!

Couldn't have been more proud of her and look forward to the next ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Ou2
    It's not too bad. Just rub a little sometimes when it gets dirty while riding. Occasionally it pulses when I stop. Had it adjusted at my lbs a few weeks ago. Helped some but I can't get it completely true. Looked at a replacement Saturday at my lbs. At least he didn't try to sell me a new set of brakes.
    I have a large and small adjustable wrench that I use. Takes some time and a few beers.. And once you almost have it, you try to make it perfect and you mess it up again lol.. So you keep going, and you keep truing.. And one day it's straight!

mtbr member
    Don't drink anymore. Been substance free for almost five years now. I have toyed with the rotor on numerous occasions, can't ever hit the perfect spot. I can live with it, for now.

Moderator Moderator
    Jun 2006
    A little loop on some of the neighborhood trails, maybe 6 or 7 miles.

This is one of the sections that helps keep me honest (wish I could've captured the view to the left; you're up a few hundred feet above a pond, with a bunch of rolling MA terrain in the background.) Nice spot of trail.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    tore some skin off my leg and busted a tire goofing around.
    Not happy.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by hyperborean11 View Post

Put on my new water bottles and holders. Also put on a new seat collar quick release bolt (went from silver to black). Then went for a quick ride with my son before it starts raining again.
    Do I just need to get a better water bottle holder? Mine keeps flopping out over jumps and rough terrain so I never take one.

mtbr member

Put on my new water bottles and holders. Also put on a new seat collar quick release bolt (went from silver to black). Then went for a quick ride with my son before it starts raining again.

mtbr member
    Well I'm pretty new at this so I haven't done any real serious stuff. Nothing more than 3 foot drops. Haven't tried these ones yet. Little worried. They don't seem to grip super well. But I have to imagine there are some high quality ones that are great. Otherwise go with a camelback.

Give'er!
    Having gone through three tubes in a month and a half, I decided that it was time for a tire upgrade! Took a bit of finagling to get everything cop-acetic, but they handle the loose rocks, sand and gravel so much better. It almost feels like cheating compared to the old ones (they were tires with well worn, 1/8" long stubs)!

Co Springs
    12 something miles this morning northern part of town with another new rider and two others. All did well keeping up a good momentum.

3 miles of rolling trails yesterday that turned out to be a good fitness workout for the short ride. Lots of soft surfaces and hills with older trail damage from a previous fire.

mtbr member

Me and a buddy did about 8 miles this morning at Holdridge rec area. First time there, I will definitely go back there again. "The wall" beat me... I will conquer it some day.

mtbr member
    Caboose. Just bend in the loop part that hold the bottle.

Hyper,
    I made it up a climb that has defeated me repeatedly until last Saturday. It a combination of technique, shifting and want to.

Slap
    That's a nice looking piece of trail. Bet you love it. Not place that is conducive to speed I bet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I've been riding alone for the past 2 weeks because my friend is on his honeymoon... I hate her.

mtbr member
    40 miles today to celibrate my 40th birthday. 8D

Moderator Moderator
    Jun 2006
    Slap
    That's a nice looking piece of trail. Bet you love it. Not place that is conducive to speed I bet.
    Thanks man. That spot's atypical of the rest of the our trails; it was just such a cool feature with such a sweet view, we had to work it in. Most of our wicked local stuff is pretty non-tech and borders on 'flowy' at times, at least by NE standards.

It's about a 100' section where you ride on the remains of an old stone wall (things are everywhere around here, but this one's pretty burly). Usually, we hit it downhill, but it's rideable both ways as long as you can manage to hold your line and just keep rolling through. Just as often though, it makes you it's *****, like it did to me a few hours ago. I'll be back there Friday looking for revenge.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Finally found some loctite 680.. Can't ride til tomorrow

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah waiting sucks.. I'm ordering a fat bike from bikes direct right now so next time I have something to ride. And thanks walmart rocks lol best pump ever

mtbr member
    It's always nice to find what you need. The worst is when you have to wait for it to cure or work on it the next day.
    Nice pump btw. Have one just like it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So i ordered the motobecane Boris x5 in pearl white.. The girl said it should ship next week

mtbr member

Caboose. Just bend in the loop part that hold the bottle.
    I have a plastic Forte holder I got for free. I'll just keep using my Camelback lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    There's always ebay... 5 bucks goes a long way

mtbr member
    ^ That's very true. It'd be nice to take a bottle on some of the shorter trails. I like the camel back on long trails so I can shove a fixaflat kit and a multi-tool in but I don't need them on some of the short technical trails I have around here.

mtbr member
    So I got my new set of v brakes, cables, and levers and installed them this afternoon. First time doing it and I think it all came out really nice. Can't wait to ride again.

mtbr member
    Just rode ten miles on the street. 42.36 @13.8 avg. Been working on my cadence. Think I have 100 bpm down pat. Been riding on third cog to increase my speed & tighten my legs. Rode five and a half miles Wednesday night @ fifteen average. I can't hit the trails during the week. Thus two or three road rides a week working in cadence & strength.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Rode the Uetliberg DH track for the first time, on my new Trek Slash.

I vowed to be super slow, learn the trail etc, but had a small tumble on the top section when the front wheel seems to have washed out on some new gravel.

Apparently it the same place caught a good few people out today. Pretty tetchy on the lower section - too much for me today, especially the big drops and jumps. Get a new full face and pads next week, will be giving it another go soon.

On the plus side, the bike was *amazing*, vastly better than the rider!

2016 Cannondale SuperX
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD
    2014 Scott Aspect 740

oh my TVC 15
    New brake cables on the Trek 8500 (Clark's, not impressed but they were out of Jagwire), new der pulleys on the on the Fisher Paragon, and new tires (WTB slicks) on the Salsa Fargo. Not bad for the end of a 10 hour work day.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member

Tried out the new rear tire (trail king 2.2) better than what I had although it's a little larger than I expected ...

I'll be glad when those nubs wear off finally, sounds like a angry swarm of bees behind me at speed.

On another note I think I finally broke my front fork, lol. That little Suntour has been through a lot. I'm surprised it took this long.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    New Derby and I9 wheelset installed today!!!

Good thing there's no mud where I ride given the <3mm clearance...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-one-new-wheels-5.jpg
    2016 Trek Stache
    2010 Canfield Brothers - The One
    2010 Cannondale Scalpel - SoBe Team Carbon frame (for sale)

Co Springs
    3 mile spin with Mrs bachman at 7am just after working the night-shift, caught 2.5 hours of sleep then helped the kids move.
    Def effective sleep management though ! Had no trouble nodding off for a few hours later in the evening.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407678574.181304.jpg
    Rode the s#!t out of if!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I only fell once on my first clipless trail ride. That's a success......I think.

Resident Gear Head
    Cleaned it after some muddy DH runs. Then I found out that the Angle Fire chair lift practically rubbed a hole in my rear triangle...
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

Hi There!
    Rear tire was a Maxxis Crossmark Lust 2.1 which I liked, but today was my 3rd ride on a Racing Ralph. I don't know if it's just been my imagination but man that thing feels hooked the f up! And I felt much faster, I don't know if that's because it's a half pound lighter or what. Made me have to work on my skills a little more from getting into corners faster and such. Loving it so far although I know it's not as durable.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Learned how to dismount my bike via over the handlebars on my first real mountain bike trail ride today. Only minor trail rash on side of forearm and a quick laugh to myself. Learned the lbs had my SR Suntour SF13-XCT set up on max stiffness probably due to my 300# weight. Turned it back two or three clicks before my second run and what a difference it made in the handling. Specially through the heavily exposed root areas. Way more control!!

mtbr member
    Rode @ Palo Duro Canyon yesterday & today. 17+ miles and 10 road miles Friday. Legs are trashed so I am down for a couple of days of recovery. No major mishaps just more pushes uphill in the steeper climbs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode 9.5 miles today. It was hard, but fun with a group of 7. I noticed out of the15 people present I was the only one riding a 26". Switching from a 29" there is some difference but the full suspension makes up for it to me.

mtbr member
    I ride a 26 too. No biggie. Buy a 29 when you get your next bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I ride a 26 too. No biggie. Buy a 29 when you get your next bike.
    Just sold my 29" to get my 26 FS. Not disappointed one bit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Lol.. I wouldn't sell my 26er to get a 29er.. Let's debate!

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by dreduo View Post
    Just sold my 29" to get my 26 FS. Not disappointed one bit.
    Did you find the 26" market prices/lower demand (perceived or otherwise) makes for some good deals going to 26" f/s ?
    That seems like a good strategy for someone wanting more bang for the buck or not too hung up on wheel size.

mtbr member

Decided to go for an 10 mile trek today on the local trail. That means starting at the end (two way trail) going to the other end and then back again twice. Well I made it there and back. I underestimated the wear on my body and will power a night of drinking at a wedding reception will do to you. Went over the handlebars with very minor scrapes, so now I'm sitting on a bench staring at a river for the past 40 min trying to remember the details of last night. And trying to look like I'm not about to pass out, and/or vomit to the girls riding there bikes on the paved trails by me. I hope I get the energy to ride back home before this rain starts...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Did you find the 26" market prices/lower demand (perceived or otherwise) makes for some good deals going to 26" f/s ?
    That seems like a good strategy for someone wanting more bang for the buck or not too hung up on wheel size.
    I just did the same thing last weekend. I didn't get a hugely great deal on the 26" as apparently they were still in demand! (The LBS also said that he very much feels that 27.5 is there as a ploy to sell bikes to a saturated market, and that the industry would be better served in the long run by keeping 26 and 29 only, but that's another story!).

I traded my 2 29ers (well used upgraded Fuel Ex 5 and newish stock Superfly 6) for a 2013 Trek Slash 7 (I had to pay a little bit more too) - the LBS said that it was probably the last nice new 26" bike he'll get in stock apart from some boutique brands, and had had loads of queries about the bike. (He had racks of 27.5 and 29ers).

He knocked 200CHF off the list of the bike, but gave me a nice bumped up trade in value for the 29ers, so I can't complain, and I got the bike I really wanted! Other LBS's which still have stock of 26er have cut the price a lot more - for example at another local store, the same bike as mine, a Slash 7 was showing as 3999CHF reduced to 3000CHF (you could bargain for 2750CHF) if paying cash (wouldn't trade).

All in all I am super happy with the new bike, and there are definitely deals to be had out there if you can find the bike/size you want in stock.
    2016 Cannondale SuperX
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD
    2014 Scott Aspect 740

29ers Forever
    I went to Kingdom Trails in Burke Vermont today. I ended up breaking a spoke, and losing the magnet for my bike computer.
    So I had a shorter ride of which mileage I have no clue. It was fun anyway.
    My bike reached 300 miles today, at the last reading on my computer before the spoke broke and took the magnet with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I rode 35.4 miles today on the Trinity Trails in Fort Worth. Not exactly mountainous trail, but a new distance record for me none the less.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2211 View Post
    I just did the same thing last weekend. I didn't get a hugely great deal on the 26" as apparently they were still in demand! (The LBS also said that he very much feels that 27.5 is there as a ploy to sell bikes to a saturated market, and that the industry would be better served in the long run by keeping 26 and 29 only, but that's another story!).
    I think it's good the better 26's still hold good value and was curious. Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Rode it like I stole it What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407835153.605170.jpg

Super Clyde
    Picked up my bike from the LBS with a 140mm Tower Pro freshly installed. I'm going to install a 50mm stem today after work, and take it for a ride tomorrow.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I managed to bend the middle chain ring on my <1 month old new bike! Yay for being a newb! But I did just roll through my first 100 miles on it and it feels good to be riding again.

Professional Dirt Sampler
    Installed new handlebars, stem, shift cables, housings, and a chain. The bars made a huge difference in feel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Did a short run with my ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-picsart_2014-08-11-7_14_28-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Rode my bike a couple of miles back & forth to church. New bars should be in tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I was just tightening a spoke that keeps coming loose. Grr

mtbr member
    Took it on the trail... For 5 minutes. Apparently the WTB 2.3 tire is actually 2.17 and the trail king 2.2 tire is dead on and has such a high volume it was rubbing the front derailleur. So now I have a 2.3 on the back and a 2.2 on the front.

Members who have read this thread: 14