Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 2923
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vadav View Post
    Went for a nice 55km ride, thats about 34miles.. Now my legs, ass, shoulders and wrists are feeling it..

Was a big step up from my normal 12-18km weekly rides, and some beautiful scenary along singlepaths, gravel roads through the forest..

Attachment 815774
    This taken around 1am..
    1 am where the hell do you live for it to be light at 1 am?

mtbr member
    First ride on the new Yeti last night. Couldn't stop for pics because the deer flies were chasing me. Classic NH single track...damp, roots, rocky and hilly.
    Love it. I'm beginning to feel like Fast Eddie Felson. "I'm back"
    :-)

local trails rider
    Replaced bearings in the 20mm front hub:
    - removed shot bearings using an old screwdriver and a hammer
    - found out what bearings I need (marked on the bearings)
    - went to a bearing shop and bought an equivalent set
    - improvised a bearing press out of 20mm through bolt, the old bearings, and an old pair of Hollowtech 2 BB bearing cups.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Went on a relatively short ride/hike up a steep downhilly type piece of land, it's got roots 2ft steps, narrow pathways and runs ~20% grade. Went up at dusk and came down at night.

The entire path was mostly hard/wet sand with a very thin layer of loose on top, new tires did better than expected on the way down. Now I just need to get some pads that are less prone to fading after extended braking periods.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    i finally paid off my lay away! i got to finally bring home my trek fuel 90. riding it and looking at it more closely i have decided it is well worth the 350 that i spent. i was expecting to have to get a tune up on it but i got on and with a barrel swivel tightened it shifted braked and road smooth as any other bike i have ridden. after a short one mile ride around my neighborhood i realized i am horribly out of shape... the only thing it needs now is lights for lights riding and and an extended seat post(for my height). excited to do some trail riding next week. will have pictures up as soon as i figure out hoe to get them off my phone and onto here. can any one help. i have an iphone if that means anything.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    20 miles along the SoCal beach. Not too warm. Not muggy. Great scenery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    this thread needs more pics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    + 1....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    i figured it out.
    this is my trek fuel 90. it needs a cleaning... badly.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1303.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1304.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1306.jpg

banned
    Sep 2012
    Went for a solo ride at a wilderness park not too far from home... 11.8 miles, time for a nap then beers after that!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screen-shot-2013-07-20-11.09.23-am.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screen-shot-2013-07-20-11.10.50-am.jpg

mtbr member
    Got my butt handed to me today. Had no business riding the stuff I did with the guys I rode with. Still--the new Yeti is amazing.
    I can't wait till I get my sorry butt into shape. More determined than ever.

"I blame myself"

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screen-shot-2013-07-20-7.23.05-pm.jpg
    Last edited by Settertude; 07-20-2013 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Another 20 miles along the beach. Mountains and forests are for the birds.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Just a wild guess: Canada or Northern Europe.
    The further North you go, the more daylight hours you get in summer.

I announced my intentions to ride, on a local forum, yesterday. Two other guys showed up (today).
    We rode some bumpy trails and some smooth and twisty trails. Stopped for a cup of coffee on the way too, and rode some streets to get to the next piece of trail.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Had it all ready to go yesterday. But the biggest storm we have seen around here for a while came through. Trees down in alot of areas from winds and flooding. I had to clean up the yard so thee only think I did today was clean my bike. It was a nice day out too but most folks were cleaning up storm damage. Heading out around 5:30am or so tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Test rode the GT Avalanche Hans Rey that I've had my eye on for the last week. Still trying to decide whether I should swap out the air fork for coils should I choose to make the purchase. Made my way back to the house and gave my fork a much needed full service, installed a new weinmann zac-19, and re-aligned the brake. Ran a few test laps to ensure everything is performing at optimum. Want to get started at daybreak before the sun gets a chance to break out the frying pan.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member
    Three hours today from 5:00am to 8:00am on the trails. Was quiet and such a nice ride today. Saw a couple turtles and rabbits.

I threw my chain going from the middle gear to small gear today though, havent done that for a while. I don't think I threw a chain all last season come to think of it, easy fix though. But Im wondering what may have caused it?

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by JerB View Post
    Three hours today from 5:00am to 8:00am on the trails. Was quiet and such a nice ride today. Saw a couple turtles and rabbits.

I threw my chain going from the middle gear to small gear today though, havent done that for a while. I don't think I threw a chain all last season come to think of it, easy fix though. But Im wondering what may have caused it?
    Must have been a sneaky rabbit

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Took the scenic route back from the lake today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-sam_7589.jpg  

29ers Forever
    After a few minutes of goofing around on my Cobia, the bike computer said that I had done 100 miles.
    I am sorry that I have no pics, but I am unable to upload any pictures at this moment.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I took my ancient no-suspension Mongoose bike to my very first trail ride. It was fun!!!
    ...also realized I need a real capable mountain bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Must have been a sneaky rabbit
    It must have been him

Hi There!
    I rolled it from my pickup truck to the house...after getting home from 2 days at the Santos Trails in Ocala, Florida. What a great time.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cleared this chunky section for the first time ever! After two seasons of riding this same trail network I finally fully committed to clearing it. Here's a pic of my girlfriend clearing it earlier this summer....I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't finally man up and just go for it. Sweet taste of success put a huge smile on my face.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-sallyatlevis.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Took the new to me Gary Fisher SuperCaliber 29er out for the first time at Alafia State park. Did about 10 miles, I really dont keep track. My son had his new to him GF 24er and said he loves the new ride. Me, I gotta get use to the 29er size, coming from a 26 I would throw around curves and between trees.
    This 29er made me about a second off and a inch off on every turn, root, or obstacle. Just gotta ride more and get use to the handling.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did 13 mile loop X2, I went down in a corner hard, went OTB and crashed on a jump I have done 50 times. First lap was flawless, all obstacles were done with out incident, second loop not so good LOL. Guess I caught up today on the crash tally, only thing hurt was my pride.

mtbr member
    Took a friend out for his first time mountain biking -- think I may have gotten him hooked!
    I ride at night - see my tips for Night Cycling
    My Blog: Cycling For Beginners

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Did a nice 12 mile ride. Upping my training program to prepare for my first ever race next month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Cleared this chunky section for the first time ever! After two seasons of riding this same trail network I finally fully committed to clearing it. Here's a pic of my girlfriend clearing it earlier this summer....I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't finally man up and just go for it. Sweet taste of success put a huge smile on my face.
    congrats!

29ers Forever
    I rode my road bike today after I piked it up from my LBS that was repairing it. The road I rode on today was very windy, but it was very fun and fast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My brake pads are in the oven as I type this. Don't get mineral oil on them while bleeding lol

mtbr member
    Did about 12 miles or so today, was on the trails around 5:30am. It was a tad cool out, almost felt like a September morning and not a July morning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I rode at Snow Summit (Big Bear, CA). I bought a day pass for the lift and did 5 runs. I did 2N10, both east and west. It was a blast. I need nothing more exciting or technical.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    After spending the night in Big Bear (Calif), I did a second day at Snow Summit. I did just two runs because I had to leave for home. I did them both on 2N10, west side. Strava says my best time for the 4 miles was 12.8 mph, but it felt more like 30. I guess the dirt, dust, rocks and twists makes it seem faster than it is -- considering I ride at 15 on level pavement.

29ers Forever
    Warped my rotor in the rear (I hope) while riding on a new trail system on Cox District Road in Woodstock, VT. I was out riding with a group of mountain bikers from Woodstock on those trails. I had a nasty tip over into a large area of raspberry bushes. I got scraped up and I had to ride back to the cars before everyone else because my knee was aching.

mtbr member
    Replaced my front and rear derailleurs: from Deore (3x9) to SLX (2x9). Also replaced my stock SRAM cranks with RaceFace Ride. Next up is getting my fork travel adjusted to 120.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Little over 5 miles at the local park... it is about 1 1/2 miles from the house... so a total of 8 miles or so... Nothing technical, but several hills... just a decent ride for me in the 95 degree temps...

Third ride this week, first was with my daughter so I didn't go very fast on that one...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Right now: Beer break and food.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1374964623503.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Rode 44 miles on the road on my 1991 GT Timberline (with 'urban' type tires) this morning. Gonna do 10+ more miles tonight on a night MTB ride.

mtbr member
    Epic NK.

Hi There!
    Quiet Waters Park this morning at 9am, Quiet Waters Park last evening at 5pm.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Reflecting back on yesterday my first ride of Kingdom Trails...wow this place is incredible and the Yeti seems right at home here. Only two hours from home and staying at a friend's log cabin right outside of town Incredible.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Took a short first time ride today. Also took off the kickstand and wheel reflectors.What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20130728_164802.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-20130728_165352.jpg

mtbr member
    Before heading back from Kingdom Trails this morning we did a short few...Farm Junk, Swan Dive and White School. Great stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Rode Quiet Waters this morning until the downpour.Then changed my first flat in about 20 years, then looked at the tire and realized it's mounted the wrong way for rotation. Oh well it's on the front and will suffice for now since it's on my back up ride.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Swapped out the spring on my fork to a more clyde friendly one and did some fiddling with the brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I washed my bike from 2 days worth of trail riding. Once it is all nice and dry, I'll oil it.

mtbr member

Nothing, I missed my alarm and missed my group ride.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Cleaned my bike up for the first time and tried out Squirt lube on my chain.

mtbr member
    I got my bike cleaned up from yesterdays ride and will be heading out tomorrow at 5:30am for a few hours

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I rode 15 miles on some nice trails this morning. Then bought some new pedals