Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2923
    Level 5 Rider!
    Took my Giant Revel 4 out from the store I bought it after trying a Norco that felt all sorts of wrong. Realized I had a car and haven't bought a bike carrier yet. Rode my bike across the small town hoping that no cops would notice me biking around without a helmet. Felt good being on a half decent bike (I know that's a matter of opinion but since my last was a youth cheap full suspension bike this thing is four hundred times better than that POS.

Got in trouble from my wife for spending too much on the bike, but she took it well to be honest. And then she drove me back to the car so I could take it home. Now its sitting in front of me begging to be ridden. As soon as the kids are down I will probably do a few laps around the area and try to figure out how I want my seat adjusted.

mtbr member
    Ripped down a thin deer trail on a steep hill which turned out to be lined with stinging nettle. I covered over 100 feet of that stuff slashing up against my legs.
    B-lined to lake, stripped to underwear and went in till the burning stopped. Booo!

Two Wheeled Terror

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckeieio View Post
    Ripped down a thin deer trail on a steep hill which turned out to be lined with stinging nettle. I covered over 100 feet of that stuff slashing up against my legs.
    B-lined to lake, stripped to underwear and went in till the burning stopped. Booo!
    I feel for you man....that's not fun. At least you knew how to self medicate though.

I received my z1 springs in the mail for my ancient marz bombers and replaced the springs. The ride feels really good. I wish I could find a new set of dampers? Seems like I can't adjust them to be firm enough but the new springs definitely support my weight better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckeieio View Post
    Yeah that sucks, I went OTB once into a patch of that stuff, good thing my dad showed me natures cure for the stinging/burning. Stuff that looks like wild rhubarb called burdock, use the juice in the stem and it instantly takes away the burning. Usually grows in the same place as the nettle, very handy thanks Mother nature

Wasting time
    Went for a ride down some trails near my house, cut through a less used trail and picked up 5 thorns in my front tire.

It was worth it though

2012 Diamondback Recoil

-I keep finding more bikes I "need"

Probably drunk right now

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Rode 40 miles. Now icing my wrist and drinking medicinal beer.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

Level 5 Rider!
    Second day out with my bike and legs are feeling a little rubbery. Sick of just going on asphalt so I went to a currently in development area and just messed around in the dirt, ruts, rocks and mud. Thankfully its a brand new area so no real debris yet. Was surprised how difficult it was getting around some of the areas. Was difficult and fun. Would prefer a nice single track I am sure but this had to suffice for I had only half an hour before some guests came out. It was a good learning experience for this newbie and it helped me learn a little bit about control and that ruts really suck if it hits the pedals. I'm kinda tipsy so I am going to sign off.. Night all. lol.

mtbr member
    Another ride down Southend's seafront cycle track today to get the heart rate going - I thought I would stop infront of the pier (longest in the world) and take a picture.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-1044260_624351534241847_491286535_n.jpg
    2013 Giant Revel 4.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    Rode 40 miles. Now icing my wrist and drinking medicinal beer.
    Solid ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    15 miles, most of which was uphill in 90-degree weather on increasingly steep dirt climb in a canyon. Turned around with my tail between my legs and ate a giant burrito.

mtbr member
    First time in a month I bothered to bring my knapsack with a tube and pump in it.
    I hit the pointy rocky stuff a little too hard today.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-today.jpg

mtbr member
    Went on a nice 25 mile cycle ride this evening to a local woods and well known XC track. Was a really nice ride, a few nicely placed technical sections (most of which I bottled) and some nice slopes to get some good speed up.

Well worth it.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-1000143_627382693938731_740001346_n.jpg
    2013 Giant Revel 4.

Level 5 Rider!
    Cold and rainy but that didn't stop me today. Just needed away from the kids and on the bike for a bit to regain some sanity. Weird sensation as my legs were burning but I was freezing. Thought I saw a dirt trail but it was just some path to a persons backyard so I ended up hoofing it over some rocks, while holding onto a fence so I didn't fall down into a floodgate ditch. Tried to hit about every bump I could see to get the feel back of what I need to do with my feet to keep them on my pedals when I get back to the trails.
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

29ers Forever
    I rode 12 miles today, and now my 2013 Cobia has 90 miles on it. I rode at the rail trail in Enfield, NH, and I was able to ride longer than at a mountain because it was flat on the rail trail.
    Pretty soon my Cobia will hit 100 miles.

mtbr member
    It has been raining non-stop in Georgia but I had to get out! Grabbed this KHS Alite 150 from a buddy and took it out on the trails, had to despite the mud.

Already looking into getting some VelociRaptors for the front and rear. I feel like the second most important upgrade is the fork. When I am going over rough terrain quickly I feel that it just bounces too much. Or it could be my tire pressure...what is the ideal pressure for mtbing?

Hi There!
    I went to the Nascar race in Daytona last night and got home exhausted at 7am. I'm in SOFLO so by the time I was capable it was too hot to ride. I did stare at my bike for about 5 minutes and rub the top tube a couple times though.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    anadel for the first time. tons of singletrack rock gardens

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
    anadel for the first time. tons of singletrack rock gardens

That looks really fun. Cool pic.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Rode with a few friends at the Whitetanks Comp track in the west valley of the sun. Started the ride at 0530...anything later than that and you're sweating before you get on the trail. Good ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    That looks really fun. Cool pic.
    Love your sigline. RIP Chris Kyle. You from AZ?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by jbjarko View Post
    Love your sigline. RIP Chris Kyle. You from AZ?
    Such a shame what happened to him. It makes me sick to think about it. I'm from Texas.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

29ers Forever
    I rode today at Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT. In total I rode 8 miles, so my bike is at a total of 98 miles. After raining in VT for a little bit every day, the trails were swamped and were covered in tricky wet roots. It was hard, but I still enjoyed slipping around corners on wet stumps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Joined the forum, made my first post and got a chance to make it out to a local trail for a short 5.5 miles after work. Not before stopping off at my favorite Indian restaurant first of course. It was just too humid in the Boston area to do much else today so I kept it very non-technical.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-trek.jpg

mtbr member

Got a pair of 180mm Avid HS1s. Can't wait to break them in and ride this Sunday. .What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1373653062629.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

Thursday but just now deciding to post but, went OTB. I was going to fast on a berm and hit a wooden double roller. Caught air on the first roller, went off at an angle and clipped the pedal pitching me off the side and I plowed into soft dirt. Some scratches and bruises and a good learning experience.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1373761105140.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1373761125879.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1373761140805.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Stripped the paint off my MTB frame and painted it matte black, it just got its 6th coat after 4 coats of primer I think I might be ready to apply a clear coat. Then its time for assembly

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Went for a nice 55km ride, thats about 34miles.. Now my legs, ass, shoulders and wrists are feeling it..

Was a big step up from my normal 12-18km weekly rides, and some beautiful scenary along singlepaths, gravel roads through the forest..

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-min-merida.jpg
    This taken around 1am..

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Rode that Mutha'

G

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone who posts here actually read what others have posted?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    I get updates from my Tapatalk app, so I'll come back and check them out. Especially if the pics are good.

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Yes. All the time. Good to see other people's rides, trails and experiences.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Two Wheeled Terror
    Yep I do too. Just to see some nice bikes that may or may not be worth more than my truck lol

Hand typed and Telegraphed

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Took mine for a test ride to be sure it was ready for my ride tomorrow. got things ready to go. Haven't rode mine for while. Been riding my roadie for a bit now. Have 3 real fun looking rides for my mountain bike this year. All between 5 and 20 miles. tomorrow is the short ride. What I am doing is not really mountain biking but thats ok. I am riding a gravel farm road. there is about a dozen houses on this road. Spread over it's whole distance. Of course I feel mountain biking is all single track and I know that isn't true but I feel that way anyway. So looking forward to this ride. Have been wanting to do it now for a while. Might be a long night.

mtbr member
    Went out for a 12m ride on the same track that I'll be racing here in a couple weeks. First EVER xc race for me! Hoping that my new fork comes in before I get a chance to ride again. I really want to get it dialed in and ride the course another time.

Custom User Title
    Went to the local trails I always go to and explored new places. Went back to the trails I normally ride. Recently rained a few weeks ago so grass is nice and tall. A stump was concealed by some grass and I hit it. Sent me flying over my handlebars while at the same time my foot got caught in my handlebars. So I did a superman dive off my bike while dragging my bike with me for about five feet. Yes I was going pretty fast. Knees hit first, luckily I had knee pads on. Then face came down. Helmet visor took most of the impact but my nose got hit pretty good. Didnt bleed or anything, just made me dizzy for a good part of today. Hit the stump dead on with my tire. Rim isnt even bent or anything. Nothing was broken or bent and I was surprised. Well, my phone screen is now cracked where it hit the handlebar. Never again will I have my phone in my pocket.

Overall a good day.
    Slightly faster than a speeding snail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I've been gone for a week on a cruise to Alaska, so I'll update my two rides now:

Ride 1: Juneau, Alaska - The cruise ship had a bike ride shore excursion that I decided to take at the last minute. The tour company took a group of 11 riders plus a guide to the top of a mountain and let us ride down. It was all paved, but we saw only one vehicle (other than our van). We rode Trek hybrids that had seen a lot of wear & tear. However, they all functioned well enough. The scenery was breathtaking, which was a good reason to keep our speeds low. Note: I was the youngest guest rider and I'm 55.

Ride 2: Skagway, Alaska - I found a shop that rented MTBs. I got a nearly new Specialized. I passed on one hiking trail as being way too technical and as requiring a lot of hike-a-bike. (I hiked the trail before.) I rode a great little double-track trail through a wooded area. Then, I rode to the far end of town (1 mile) and along a dirt road that followed railroad tracks. There was no climbing to speak of, so no real downhills. However, this is the kind of ride I imagined when I started mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    tahoe flume trail

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    rode again today. Probably about 10 miles. 1 good climb. I failed. no worries. At the end I had to quit because of deep gravel slowing me and heat index rising. Had about a mile and a half left. It's ok. I had fun o matter what.

29ers Forever
    I did not ride my mountain bike today. I am still waiting for a 180mm rotor to come in the mail. (I have been waiting two weeks and a day so far ).
    I took a ride on my R300 and found that the brake pads are dry and cracking as well as the front tire. The front tire also has a decent sized chip taken out of it. I got the bike for free, as I had interest in it and it was sitting behind one of my neighbor's shed. I asked for it and they gave it to me. I did not know about half of the bikes problems then which include a slight crack parallel to along the chainstay, bad tires, bad brakes, just to name a few.

no trees are safe
    Destroyed my rear wheel...

mtbr member
    Destroyed my front wheel. Servicing my fork while waiting for the new one to arrive.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member

Detailing my bike, Don't judge me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    3 hour ride at santos.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Changed out my rear derailleur cable and adjusted it. Also changed out the rear tube and ride around the front yard with my daughter. She was amazed by my wheelies. Lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Broke my frame Saturday, went out last night did a local loop about 13 miles in 44 C heat I must be nutz. First the summer sucked as it rained everyday for 30 days and now no rain but unbearable heat LOL Just can't win this year. The heat wave is suppose to ease off Friday with with of course rain LOL.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Broke my frame Saturday, went out last night did a local loop about 13 miles in 44 C heat I must be nutz. First the summer sucked as it rained everyday for 30 days and now no rain but unbearable heat LOL Just can't win this year. The heat wave is suppose to ease off Friday with with of course rain LOL.
    How'd you break your frame?

Rode barker pass trail in Tahoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Not sure, was just riding some single track heard a nasty ping noise and frame was severely cracked at seatpost. Had to ride back to car standing most of the time so I didnt break it all the way and have to walk out. New frame will be here next week.

29ers Forever
    I finally put a 180mm rotor on the front of my Cobia. It was very annoying as the longer bolts did not come with spacers. I can not wait until I get a bike mechanic stand, as it is near impossible working on bikes when the wheels are on the ground.

Mountain Biking Madman
    Jul 2013
    Put on new seat and cut seatpost. Done a few wheelies around the yard and gave it a bath.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Unloaded my bike from the van from this past weekends ride. Noticed that the grips were no longer the sticky mess they were before the ride. Otherwise not much else.