1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 22 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

... and if we just ...

Busted fork.. Hopefully I can pick up new parts today...

Edit Fixed the fork, a spring broke in 2 spots but it had 5K miles on it though. Riding tomorrow!!
    Last edited by OscarW; 11-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Holiday!!!

Riding on thanksgiving Slid out on the way down when my front wheel went too far out on the edge of a turn and dug onto loose ground. Afterwards, slammed my right arm onto a tree trying to go somewhat fast

mtbr member

Took my new bike for a ride. So far, I'm loving the way it handles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Smile

I was testing out the new brakes... all the way over the handlebars...
    all in all, good day.

mtbr member
    This. Season is wrapping up unfortunately. Frozen drivetrain was the order of the day. Still great ride.

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1353888222381.jpg  

Last edited by phoenixnr; 11-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Went on a ride to check out the local, umm... art.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    im still out of the fun waiting for my next paycheck so that i can hopefully buy a new fork. i can't remember if i put it on here but bout a month and half ago. was riding on the local college 4x track and was practicing some smaller jumps. came down hard on the front shocks and the top part that holds the springs in flew off and the spring shot out. scare the crap out of me. hopefully getting some Fox Vanilla forks to replace the garbage suntours that were on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Put in 15 miles on the trails around my house and spent yesterday laid up with a sinus infection.

Good news is that the underarmor cold gear shirt really does keep you nice and warm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Edirty6 View Post
    im still out of the fun waiting for my next paycheck so that i can hopefully buy a new fork. i can't remember if i put it on here but bout a month and half ago. was riding on the local college 4x track and was practicing some smaller jumps. came down hard on the front shocks and the top part that holds the springs in flew off and the spring shot out. scare the crap out of me. hopefully getting some Fox Vanilla forks to replace the garbage suntours that were on it.
    That sux! I'll find myself hauling arse down a trail and about 1/2 way down I remember the videos ive seen of cheap forks breaking on youtube, and I remember that I too have a suntour. So I slow down lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCapps View Post
    That sux! I'll find myself hauling arse down a trail and about 1/2 way down I remember the videos ive seen of cheap forks breaking on youtube, and I remember that I too have a suntour. So I slow down lol.
    I know right

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i installed my xt rear Deraileur WITHOUT using a stand!!!!!

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    I smash my suntour NVX fork on the trails and it never showed any signs of coming close to breaking. But I guess I should go a less hard on my fork.not. But srsly, don't want another mechanical...
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Attempted to remove my rear wheel on my Giant Faith only to discover the last time it was serviced the mechs have tightened up the rear axle on one side such that I can't seem to get it off. First free weekend in months and it looks like I won't be able to ride, at least no where fun as it won't fit in my car with wheels attached.

The drive side nut comes off no worries. The other side is clamped on to the frame tight and wont let go.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sauprankul View Post
    I smash my suntour NVX fork on the trails and it never showed any signs of coming close to breaking. But I guess I should go a less hard on my fork.not. But srsly, don't want another mechanical...
    dont get me wrong the fork feels solid and honestly works perfectly. The spring seems to be just right for my weight and ive never needed more travel. But last week I noticed the pesky warning label telling me its meant for lil stuff only. So when your like 4 ft in the air that and the videos cross your mind lol.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sat and stared at it... busy working... no riding... boo... :-(

mtbr member
    nearly did a superman over the bars riding through a thirty foot long, deep muddy puddle, near the end my front wheel sank 18 inches............lol

mtbr member
    Took the Jamis out for our maiden voyage.

no trees are safe
    I was fine tuning my rear der. for about an hour. Shifts like a dream in any conditions now though!
    Last edited by Millfox; 11-27-2012 at 06:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I rode about 10 miles on a perfect black squiggle bordered by blinding white snow under a full moon. It was awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Logical View Post
    I rode about 10 miles on a perfect black squiggle bordered by blinding white snow under a full moon. It was awesome.
    Wow I am jealous, sounds like an awesome ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    dont get me wrong the fork feels solid and honestly works perfectly. The spring seems to be just right for my weight and ive never needed more travel. But last week I noticed the pesky warning label telling me its meant for lil stuff only. So when your like 4 ft in the air that and the videos cross your mind lol.

you should have rode on my previous forks, you wouldnt hit anything more than 6 inches off the ground.

if you had someone hold onto the lowers really tight, and you pushed on the handle bar, there was a good 30-35mm gap between the stanchions and the lowers. and yet i pushed the limits on it until it did break. and when it did break. bricks were shat. lol

if your doing jumps that high and you wanna consider a new fork just for jumping, the marzocchi DJ dart forks are on sale at pricepoint.com right now. here's a link
    Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3 Fork 2012 at Price Point

that one being a base model, and then they have others with the QR, and 20mm TA as well for just a few bucks more. I actually, am buying my forks from pricepoint as well when i get paid next week, after that, im upgrading all my components to the SRAM x-9 build kit they have.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Well, changed the rear tube for the first time, and the installation was disastrous. I didn't figure out the way I have to attach the chainwheel to the chain, and now I have a front der. that needs adjustment, and let's hope nothing else. I wish I learned that on my old bike, put never had a flat on the rear tire on her!

At this time, with the load of paper, no riding that counts, unfortunately.
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I noticed some very suspicious oil residue near the rebound adjuster on my 318 domains right lower.

mtbr member
    Put on new rotors, which dropped some weight. Very high bling factor also.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

mtbr member

10 miles, loving this bike!

Page 22 of 106 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast