Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 2924
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    That was just holding you back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Co Springs
    From Sunday....

Packed up some lunch and went out with grandson on the kid seat and my wife on her Schwinn Voyager. Did a 4.2 mile total out and back path with a stop in the middle for shaded tree/picnic table lunch plan. Beat the heat of the day and had mostly tree shaded ride.

While biking, got a call from brother in-law about bike advice. He's in Texas and wants to get into cycling with a few picks to narrow down. It'll be great for him and a good step in health and wellness !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    destroyed my rear hub like the super powered yeti that i am and thus screwed myself for riding the rest of the week...fml
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

I ride bikes
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140531_104357_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140531_110153_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_277618894552610_resized.jpegWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_364062138676549_resized.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_277618894552610_resized.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	898192What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_364179437382602_resized.jpeg

Got a lot of riding in lately. Been pushing my limits of miles, difficulty, speed, and features. The bike takes it all in stride. The Reverb has absolutely changed my confidence level.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    tree fell last night, scary surprise

mtbr member
    Went to my usual trail for my 12mile ride all was great until......a flat ! My first on the trail but it was getting late so I opted to walk the 2.5 miles I had to my car so I wouldn't get caught in the dark. It was still a fun ride!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Did a local climb, non-stop, for the first time and also did my personal record on it too! The view from the top ain't bad either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

Last edited by sroc3; 06-03-2014 at 11:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Did the Winoga > Tiddlywinks > Dynamo Hub trail ... view of Bachelor from the summit was SPECTACULAR!!!
    Are you really sure about that?

mtbr member
    I took my daughter who is ten and her tow 10 yr old friends of their first night ride. We did some loops around alice lake and some other unnamed trails in squamish bc. It was awesome they they girls were so stoked we did it again the the next night.
    Iput a magicshine 808 clone light on each of their bikes so they lots of light...
    Awesome fun with my kid and her friends.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
    Did a local climb, non-stop, for the first time and also did my personal record on it too! The view from the top ain't bad either
    Nice Job man! That's my next goal to do my trail up non-stop. I've got as far as 4 miles w/out stopping, so I only have about 2 to go to the top, except the last 2 are the toughest.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Went out for a group ride with the shop team.

I am slow.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajaguars View Post
    Went out for a group ride with the shop team.

I am slow.
    hehe i know exactly how you feel...and then when i did go fast enough to keep pace i crash and end up with stiches
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerpindicular View Post
    hehe i know exactly how you feel...and then when i did go fast enough to keep pace i crash and end up with stiches
    LOL!
    It seemed like they were going up hills faster than I was going down them. One of the fast guys was saying that on this particular trail, if he really pushed it at race pace, he could do the 5.6 miles in about 23 - 24 minutes. I set a personal best last night at 30:33.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty new to all this, so I did today some of what I did last week, but better, and on the same trails no less. I hit a tree and flipped off the bike when I got the front tire stuck in some mud. I'm going to ache like the old dude I am tomorrow, but gawd it was fun. I am hoping to stop hurting myself with such regularity eventually. :~)
    We have met the enemy, and it is us. Pogo

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Had to use the bike to ride back from the painters when I took the car for a repair. I just got home before the front tyre went flat.. Brand new tube had started to rip at the valve.... So ordered two new tubes so I have a spare. Just as I was about to order the tubes Chain reaction cycles had an extra 10% off protection so I just happened to find a Mavic Notch in my size with 25% off so the extra 10% was just the temptation I needed to push the button... So today the box arrived and I swapped both tubes for the new ones and took the rear one out to use as my back up tube on a ride... Now need to get out this weekend if the weather forecast is wrong as one forecast has said we may get torrential rain, tornado's and hailstones the size of Cricket balls (baseballs for you American types.) Not the usual British weather forecast.... But if we get one good day I am out for a ride...

mtbr member
    Hit up my local trail today.

This tree was right around a blind corner, and at neck/shoulder height when I was on my bike. Luckily it was around a climbing corner and I didn't have a lot of speed so I was able to stop in time.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-2014-06-05190234.jpg

Then near the end I had to stop again because of a doe that was taking her sweet time crossing the trail. It then stopped and just watched me as I started to ride again, so I decided to stop and take a quick picture.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-2014-06-05192714.jpg

mtbr member
    Bought a Jamis with 21" frame off CL Sunday. Been working late all week so tonight I finally had time to stop & get some spoke nipples & get my bike running. After I got the wheel relatively true took her out for a shakedown around the block a few times. Beats my old 'goose to pieces. Still need to fine tune a couple of things but I am definitely pleased with the outcome.

mtbr member
    Rode the Kona today since the Raleigh is still laid up (got the new tire and tube in last night). Compared to the Raleigh it felt like riding in quicksand. . . . .

mtbr member
    Installed some Forte Shovel pedals on my Trail SL 29 2. They are a couple few years old but never ridden on. Just got my bike and have only been on a few rides. I love this, I feel like a kid again.

29ers Forever
    Rode 7 miles at Pine Hill Park today. Half way through I took a wrong turn and lost my riding buddy. Oops. It was a nice day, however.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode about 8-9km of mostly road and bike paths, but did find a reserve really close to my house that has a steady climb than gets steeper and rockier the more you climb, good for practicing my climbing technique. It was a nice day but boy it was cold on the bike time for some warmer riding gear.

mtbr member
    Put in 2 laps on the course I will be racing Wednesday evening.

Set a PR.

I will still be DFL.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rode four miles around the neighborhood w/ my wife following on her Townie after a wonderful Sunday spent working.

At least I did something rather than just come home and crack a beer.
    Http://www.cordslash.com

Trek X-Caliber 8 w/ tasteless mods

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Did 30 miles yesterday in Saumico, WI Stump Farm 100 WEMS Race.

mtbr member
    May 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Well it wasn't my bike but I enjoyed a demo on a tall boy ltc in Sedona AZ. And loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Finally got to the point on my p-track project that it's really starting to be fun to ride. I was actually able to spend some time there and not feel like I "HAD" to move, shape, and pack a new feature. Just gave it a good sweep and experimented with lines for awhile. Perfect weather, good times.

See how many line options you can spot...

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I bought some new handlebars that's about it. I trimmed my old ones and liked them smaller but now with the new fork and extra travel I had to adjust my riding position and I think the longer bars will make it more stable. Otherwise she's a blast.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I rode 8.4 miles and climbed 1138' which was my biggest climb to date on my Trek Fuel EX8.

2016 TREK Domane 5.9
    2017 Trek Remedy 8

mtbr member

I broke my wrist

mtbr member
    I accidentally sprayed my breakpads with fork cleaner...

As a noob this was also my first time replacing my pads with fresh new ones. Rubbed down the disc with alcohol to clean it from any residual oil.

Now I know how to do that :-\

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBooger View Post
    I broke my wrist
    that sucks, what happened

got a chest mount

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bZciu--tn0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zrQ2dS1ipgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    12.5 miles of twisty tight forest singletrack! Life is goood
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    that sucks, what happened

got a chest mount

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bZciu--tn0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zrQ2dS1ipgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I hit a jump that led directly into a corner and my tire dug into a rut and went sidewards - and then I went over the handlebars at about 25mph. Brutal crash. Lucky it wasn't worse.

I do have a chesty, but wasn't wearing it. Would have some sick footage!!

mtbr member

Popped onNew wheels and rode tubeless for the first time ever. Then peeled out 12.5 miles of singletrack

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Got some new grips now I'm going to use them

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Did 12miles this morning before work

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Alpine trail in Oakridge ... great trail, great time, no bruises, good beer and burger afterwards.
    Are you really sure about that?

mtbr member
    rearranged my shifter and brake levers..

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-10177472_10154260105720111_4544899128923415212_n.jpg

Then I went for a ride:

http://sporttracks.mobi/activity/6079057

Practised going over logs... only crashed three times today :-)

Co Springs
    Got nothin....

forgot to post yesterday putting a sticker on the bike that should speed it up and give more ground clearance and I did a 2 mile loop starting with a good size hill. Great 15 min workout.

Today at 615a started a 5.2 mile trail hike and will revisit tomorrow with a buddy and our bikes.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    ..was planning doing some new trail exploring.. total rainout! : (
    Ended up ordering new spds and shoes and cleaning my chain
    wiping down frame for tomorrow I ride!

mtbr member
    Took this bike...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag1451.jpg

On a ride with the wife and kid...
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag1396.jpg

Then hit this tiny 3 mile trail. (Well on the sections that weren't flooded)
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imag1392.jpg

Co Springs
    Had the ride plan and took off with a buddy to get to the trailhead by 0630. It was a slight mist here and the radar showed no indication of any showers but as we went north, instead of it lightening up, it got cooler and came down more consistently. With the right layers it would have still been doable but I flubbed that part up. We decided to skip it, drove back and went out for breakfast then caught "Two Guns" on the dvr
    Going to hit the same plan friday morning.

He's 22 years older than me and I'm 52 so I just figured we'd nix the whole dragging our a$$es around in a cold rain. This will be the first ride this season for him.

Pike's Peak range looking south from the AFA
    http://marissadale.files.wordpress.c.../05/trail1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-trail1.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Rode the bike 2 miles to dinner, Suck it OPEC

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_4444.jpg
    Best Photo Booth in Dallas Fort Worth
    http://www.snapzsnapz.com

mtbr member

Sv: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

I think I fixed a problem that would have made me have to buy a new rear D, but instead seems to have been caused by a faulty chain with a stuck link in it.

Here's hoping

Sendt fra min GT-N7100 med Tapatalk

Co Springs
    I did the Santa Fe re-do this morning with a retired Dr / friend who is fun to hike or ride with.

Yesterday was the rain out and today was the 12.2 mi (total) trip up to and back, Palmer lake from the Baptist rd trail-head.
    8:30 start time after getting off the nightshift, low 50's and almost 80 degrees coming back. Good workout and the other bike went to the shop for the some frayed cables and a full tune up.
    Two Kona HT's from the the early 2000's !

Last edited by bachman1961; 06-13-2014 at 11:54 PM.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Installed new clipless pedals, removed fork and disassembled, cleaned and re greased stantions and repacked headset. Took the road bike out and hammered out a 20 miler.
    trails were pretty soupy from 2 days straight of rain. Gonna explore some new (to me) singletrack tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm New trail!!!

Took the Anthem out after an inch of rain had fallen in one hour beginning at 8:30am.

Found a new entrance to the Land of Make Believe (24 miles of trails near my house that will cut off a half mile of road climb to get into the woods from home). The trail is somewhat abandoned (deer path type run in places) so I did half an hour of pruning and clearing.

In the last two weeks, I also build a rock ramp over a tree fall two feet high and a pallet bridge with a friend over another a bit higher. They are on the opposite end of the Land of Make Believe, miles away. Tuesday, I cleaned those.

I will have to do a bit more clearing and pruning of the new trail, but I am ecstatic. It gets me to the steepest trail (23%!) there more quickly and has good difficulty with slopes up to 20%. Hope to substantially finish it on Monday and Tuesday. When I finish, I will show the crew.

The trails were very wet, which is OK because it's mostly rock. 14 miles on Friday the 13th.

Just a great, great day.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by thegock View Post

Took the Anthem out after an inch of rain had fallen in one hour beginning at 8:30am.

Found a new entrance to the Land of Make Believe (24 miles of trails near my house that will cut off a half mile of road climb to get into the woods from home. The trail is somewhat abandoned (deer path type run in places) so I did half an hour of pruning and clearing.

In the last two weeks, I also build a rock ramp over a tree fall two feet high and a pallet bridge with a friend over another a bit higher. They are on the opposite end of the Land of Make Believe, miles away. Tuesday, I cleaned those.

I will have to do a bit more but I am ecstatic. It gets me to the steepest trail (23%!)there more quickly and has good difficulty with slopes up to 20%. Hope to substantially finish it on Monday and Tuesday. When I finish, I will show the crew.

The trails were very wet, which is OK because it's mostly rock. Just a great, great day.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not to preach, but you want to be careful about just going out and cutting in trails.

As somebody that's been into trailbuilding for awhile, I can tell you that your good intentions and efforts to make what you see as improvements might actually hurt your local trail situation. In particular, cutting lines at the slopes you mentioned is a huge no-no. As are pallets.

I'm really psyched to see anyone get into trailbuilding and maintenance. Trails are inarguably the most important aspect of the sport, and it's a shame every rider doesn't put in the to help out. But from experience there are often a lot of 'politics' involved with building trails. What you see as an improvement might be something that gets bikes shut out of an area completely. Please, keep building, but get involved with your local trail group a bit to find out the lay of the land first. Show up from some of their trailwork days and see what's up before cutting trail without any sort of 'go-ahead'. Trailbuilding is one of my favorite things to do, but IMO, it kind of requires some apprenticeship time before going out on your own.

But again, keep at it, just try to coordinate your efforts with the people that put in the rest of the trail system. Better result overall that way.

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_2663_001a.jpg

A nice section of trail I have enjoyed literally several hundred times. It never gets old.

mtbr member
    I rode 7.2 miles of muddy trails and then picked up my new Bontrager XR4 team edition tires and bontrager tubeless kit from my LBS. I then went home and installed the rim strips and tires and filled them up with some stans no tubes sealant. I now wait until tomorrow to go get muddy again. Hopefully less than today.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
    2016 TREK Domane 5.9
    2017 Trek Remedy 8

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The dec yells at the town and the town yells at our local group that maintains our trails when people cut out paths that undercut trees and whatnot.. If the trail is dead and nobody cares about it then have fun with it just make sure not to make changes to trails that are maintained because of the beurocracy involved.

I set out to do 6 miles today in my local trail to check out a new half mile pump track that was built, but my friend decided to throw himself into a tree at full speed a mile in and he banged his leg up pretty bad so he was done. He's only been riding with me about 2 seasons.. He needs some work lol.. I'm going back on Sunday while everyone is with their dads to check it out cause my dad is working.

mtbr member
    Well, it was yesterday. I rode the local trail (Big Creek, Roswell GA). I went onto the two Intermediate sub-loops off the Beginner loop. The 2nd sub-loop leads into the advanced section. I took the advanced unintentionally. So from there I wound up on another trail called "Hurts So Good". It wasn't too technically difficult but it was a climb. I do take rest stops en-route. Well I was essentially lost. I finally wound up at the end of that trail which is where the Downhill riders start. You know, the real Downhill bikes with the body armor. So what I had to do to get back was turn around. The trails are single track but it did have a two-way sign. Besides, once I got on the advanced section I hadn't seen any other bike traffic around. So going back from up there was a lot of descending for a while. Even descending gives me a good workout because there's constant steering and body shifting around. The entire trail system is nothing but twists and turns. So when I started seeing the signs labeled "more difficult" I knew I was back at the Intermediate". The advanced is labeled "most difficult". So as I was getting back to more familiar territory I finally saw signs that were pointing back to the Beginner trail as that is where the trail head starts. So after I finally got back there I had done 6.4 miles and 55 minutes of cycling time.

And then I talked about my ride with another cyclist that had passed me while I was on the way back. You know, its always fun to talk with other cyclists at the trail head or parking lot about riding experiences and the bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I love getting lost in a new trail section.. Its fun to just ride around aimlessly sometimes and explore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    I love getting lost in a new trail section.. Its fun to just ride around aimlessly sometimes and explore.
    Yeah, I wasn't really worrying about being lost because I knew the trails would have to take me back from where I came from. Another time I was lost and wound up heading up one of the sub loops opposite traffic. No one seemed to mind. (They reverse directions). Sun, Mon,Wed, Fri is opposite Tue, Thurs & Sat. So I just moved aside as they passed and asked if I was heading the right way back.

Co Springs
    I did a few short rides.... One yesterday picking up some pointers from another rider on technical stuff, 3 miles of 80+ degrees mid-morning. (I'm kinda spoiled b/c I mostly do the bike rides or trail hikes in the early hours before heat 0530 - 0700 start times.

Today around 430p, a short 2.33 miler with some uphill in the n'hood. Same loop as a few days ago but much easier and faster plus, I did it backwards this time climbing the steeper side and descending the more gradual slope.

An hour ago, my wife wanted to do a loop at the park nearby... Did that; approx 2 miles, in the nice cooler evening air.

mtbr member

Got a puncture the Stan's couldn't seal so I had to put in an emergency tube. Extracted this little fella from the tire first. I call him frank.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Been riding a bunch of rails to trails getting used to the new bike. I felt pretty comfortable with it by now so I went to an actual mountain bike trail. The terrain where I live is pretty rocky. The trail I went to has a lot of dips and then steep rock faces you need to climb. I had to quickly figure out how to handle those or I'd have had to walk my bike up too many rocks. After riding about an hour or so I was having a blast rolling down steep rock faces and crossing some ladder bridges. I tipped over sideways a couple times and scraped myself up pretty good off some bushes. Couldn't find the fork in the trail that would have taken me on a loop all the way around a lake. Instead I just ended up right at the lake. Probably for the best since I spent so much time attempting to climb up on top of steep rocks, I was losing daylight. I found the fork I originally missed when I was on my way back out. Next time I'll do the whole loop.

The area I was riding in had all the trees burnt down a few years ago. It's pretty eerie riding through a bunch of dead trees.What did You do today on your mountain bike?-10417197_10152941099943084_1430486840_n.jpg
    Last edited by Canoo; 06-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Got new tires. Schwalbe RoRo 26x2.25 Performance as the Evo's are way out of my price range.

BEST TIRE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN. Light, fast rolling, and cornering grip out the wazoo. Gave my enough confidence to just let go of the brakes on a bunch of downhills that I normally try to control my speed on. 8D

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoo View Post
    Been riding a bunch of rails to trails getting used to the new bike. I felt pretty comfortable with it by now so I went to an actual mountain bike trail. The terrain where I live is pretty rocky. The trail I went to has a lot of dips and then steep rock faces you need to climb. I had to quickly figure out how to handle those or I'd have had to walk my bike up too many rocks. After riding about an hour or so I was having a blast rolling down steep rock faces and crossing some ladder bridges. I tipped over sideways a couple times and scraped myself up pretty good off some bushes. Couldn't find the fork in the trail that would have taken me on a loop all the way around a lake. Instead I just ended up right at the lake. Probably for the best since I spent so much time attempting to climb up on top of steep rocks, I was losing daylight. I found the fork I originally missed when I was on my way back out. Next time I'll do the whole loop.

The area I was riding in had all the trees burnt down a few years ago. It's pretty eerie riding through a bunch of dead trees.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10417197_10152941099943084_1430486840_n.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	902107
    Went back to this same trail today. Took the proper fork and did the entire loop around the lake. Had to hop off and walk my bike far less frequently this time around. Didn't tip over in the spots I did last time .

Here's a picture of my bike when I took a quick break at the halfway mark:
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-capture.jpg

29ers Forever
    The magnet for my bike computer fell out about 1/3 of the ride. It was a great day for mountainbiking; dry and mid 60s F.
    I would say I rode from 9-10 miles today. My riding technique was further improved, and I really railed the turns better than two weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I did 19 miles with a few friends... Gonna try to get out again tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoo View Post
    Went back to this same trail today. Took the proper fork and did the entire loop around the lake. Had to hop off and walk my bike far less frequently this time around. Didn't tip over in the spots I did last time .

Here's a picture of my bike when I took a quick break at the halfway mark:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	902648
    That place looks like so much fun to me. You're lucky-there's so much there to progress with. That kind of stuff never gets old.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Went for a ride with my son and a mate at the local mountain bike park. Hit the first lap pretty hard felt good. Rode another lap got a bit tired towards the end pulled up and took a break. My mate tells me about a short section of track I hadn't ridden sounded good so we headed up to the start. Took the first run at a fairly moderate pace (for me) got to the end and decided to have another crack at it but hit it a fair bit quicker this time. About half way down is a log drop off probably not huge (for an experienced rider) I am not an experienced rider. I hit the drop off way too quick and ate dirt actually more accurately ate the surrounding under growth and came to rest up against a sapling. Crash virginity broken. Got the bike off me checked all my arms and legs yeap still attached, no major bleeding bike looked ok so I got back on and decided to have another go, no crash this time.
    All up still a good ride and I learnt that riding to your ability is a good idea cause crashing sucks. LOL

mtbr member
    Rode about 10 miles on some local stuff. First ride in a few weeks due to family time constraints. I've been running a lot lately though so the old lungs and legs felt great on the bike. I really hate running but if it makes me that much better on the bike then so be it.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Did another 10 miles today with my girlfriend today. She had a baby shower yesterday and was upset she missed the bike ride.. So I did what any loving bf would do.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The wife and I went gravel riding today, so I too out my pugsly had a blast. Did 15 miles as we were pressed for time this afternoon.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    That place looks like so much fun to me. You're lucky-there's so much there to progress with. That kind of stuff never gets old.
    It's a blast. There's some sections I'm definitely having trouble with. I could tell during my second ride there that I was much more confident at parts I had trouble with the first time though. Practice makes perfect I guess!

I ride bikes
    Hit up a new trail about 1 hour north from my house. Probably the most beautiful ride I have been on yet. 3500ft of climbing 19.5 miles. So much fun.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-35b2e913368ce738cc7a702ad4ba96c5.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140621_124214_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-20140621_133119_resized.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img951238.jpg

mtbr member

Ok well my second post ever on this forum and I feel like it might be a little embarrassing compared to all of yalls beautiful rides...my step son and I put in about 12 miles total today over about 4-6 hr time span ending up at a little church playground before heading back home. I ride a walmart special lol and he's well 6 with a sweet little single speed lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Bought a "new" (to me) Trek 3700 from my LBS. Pretty old school setup. From what I've found it is a 2006 bike. Shifts like butter and is a real blast to ride. Changed the engagement point of the rear brakes, grabbed some gloves, grips, and a new helmet. The saddle and pedals have been upgraded as well as the grips now. I still need to grab my pack supplies so for now I'll just hit the hills in the neighborhood.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_20140623_144559_zps14adce21.jpg

mtbr member
    27 miles of mainly singletrack. New tires are awesome. 8D

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiexd40 View Post
    Ok well my second post ever on this forum and I feel like it might be a little embarrassing compared to all of yalls beautiful rides...my step son and I put in about 12 miles total today over about 4-6 hr time span ending up at a little church playground before heading back home. I ride a walmart special lol and he's well 6 with a sweet little single speed lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    That's awesome but the kid needs a helmet.

Anyways, first ride with my new bike. Made it 8 miles and ripped the rear derailleur off. Had to hike out about 2 miles. Luckily it was a 5 mile loop around a lake and I was a little more than halfway around on the second lap. Pretty crappy way to start a relationship with a new bike.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Ok, I know it's not a mountain bike but...

Today, my son (age 7) and I rode 10 miles on a cool bike path I never knew existed. It's not quite finished and for about 1/2 mile we were on a very busy street between the two sections BUT... he made it. As did I.

At the half way point, we rested, drank juice boxes and had some cheese. WHoo!!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bike-medium-.jpg

And if you are wondering, it's an Electra Townie 7D

Perpetual n00b

Climbed up a canyon to escape the heat

The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ripping the rear Der off... Must have been a big crash. My current Der has 2000 miles on it and has taken a few hits.

mtbr member
    son and dad, that's beautiful!
    2013 Trek 4300

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Ripping the rear Der off... Must have been a big crash. My current Der has 2000 miles on it and has taken a few hits.
    No crash involved. Not sure if it took a hit before the hanger ripped loose or what. The chain broke too, not sure which happened first, the hanger or the chain.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Did 6 miles at the track by my house.. Rode a new trail being made to break it in. Very squishy but it had some nice technical decents going on.

Co Springs

ZERO- I had bike envy by getting involved on a hike that went 3 more miles than I was expecting (6.25 total after working the nightshift) and all the while, in a beautiful park in the middle of town.
    Seen a few bike riders toward the end of the walk and realized every step of my hike was a mental calculation of how much more efficient bike travel is.
    I'm happy to have been out on a workout but I need to convert these guys to wheeler's.

mtbr member
    After 7 weeks off the bike I did a good 9.5km ride and got my legs burning, I could tell that my fitness has gone backwards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Did 6 miles at the track by my house.. Rode a new trail being made to break it in. Very squishy but it had some nice technical decents going on.

how u like the new FS

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Its a change.. I did notice that my back wheel is staying on the ground in the down hill sections, where my ht was bobbing around and pretty unstable at times. It's an older trek liquid frame. It actually goes pretty well with my epicon. I might bring it up to 130mm in the front. Overall though I'm liking it. Jump are a lot better on my body too. No bouncy landings once I dialed in the rebound some and played with the air pressure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    can u make the epicon 130mm?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah I am at 120 now and there is another notch. I think it's 130, maybe it's 140. The oe fork was 140 on this frame so getting as close as I can to that will make the geo better I assume.

Last edited by ou2mame; 06-25-2014 at 12:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yeah I am at 120 now and there is another notch. I think it's 130, maybe it's 140. The oe fork was 140 on this frame so getting as close as I can to that will make the geo better I assume.

damn man, thanks for the heads up, just made mine longer 140mm, only thing i had trouble was the rebound adjustment knob it was sketchy to take off... found this but not exactly the model i have... anyways thanks, sweet new bike

GearInches.com » How to Adjust Epicon / Axon Fork Travel

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    after two weeks off, did a 6mile loop with the HT, pretty fun but now i got a clicking hub wtf

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by joel787 View Post
    damn man, thanks for the heads up, just made mine longer 140mm, only thing i had trouble was the rebound adjustment knob it was sketchy to take off... found this but not exactly the model i have... anyways thanks, sweet new bike

GearInches.com » How to Adjust Epicon / Axon Fork Travel
    Yeah I didn't find directions mine mine, but close enough. I just pulled the rebound knob off and used a socket. I had to find one skinny enough to clear the dropout. The pin is a ***** to remove.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hooked up to the mag trainer for three thirty minute sessions today. Then sat on the bike and bobbed up and down with my eyes closed to act like I was a real mountain biker... If only it worked that way.

Trail Noob
    Didn't take any pictures of the ride today, but I did use my tracking app on my phone to track my route. It's an easy trail, a mix of a walk path and a nature trail. There's tons of roots, small and medium sized, some loose gravel/sand mixture, some undulating, whoops-like rolls and some straight, easy sections. Very flat around this part of the state so no real drastic elevation changes. I do 6 figure-eights, ~2 miles a piece.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-lake-trail.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    how do u get burnt calories with ur phone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I use endomondo to track my rides and it tells me calories and whatnot. I don't know how accurate it is, and to be honest I really don't care lol

Trail Noob
    I think it just bases it on an algorithm they develop. I choose the activity I'm doing (the most specific I can get is "outdoor cycling.") From there I guess, if their algorithm is advanced enough, figures in changes in elevation, average speed, distance and whatever other parameters they program the app for, and it just spits out a number. I use iRunner for iPhone, but I used to use Google MyTracks when I had an Android. The MyTracks app didnt track calories though.

Honestly, I think its a bit accurate. I do some road biking on my Trek Multitrack and I use the same app. A couple weeks ago I did a 75 min. ride, 20.6 miles and averaged 16.2 mph. From what the app said, I burned 1,578 calories. I figure ~8 more miles, and a few more mph could definitely add 600 more calories.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yeah I used my tracks and a few others but endomondo is my favorite. I wish it worked with my Pebble though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    cool, thanks.. na i was just thinking a cheap way to measure power output, calories?.. poor's man power meter, them things are expensive.. ama download it, most times i don't bring my phone, but whatever

29ers Forever
    I crashed yesterday on a parking lot because when I cornered, the front wheel washed out on a light covering of dirt. I scraped up my knees, but I still will try to ride today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Did some of this.. Almost went over the handlebars lol.. That would have been ugly

29ers Forever
    Ended up riding 5 miles today on my Trek 3700 with a group.
    It was too nice of a day to not ride, and I still climbed very well even with my scabbed knee.
    Last edited by CannondaleF9; 06-29-2014 at 10:50 AM.

mtbr member

I rode it.

Yup.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

Trail Noob
    That looks pretty sweet. Nice place to ride, chill and take in the scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 14