Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2923
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Been raining like crazy the last week. Haven't rode since my dry skills need some tuning first.....

Bought a repair stand. Learned how to set up the front and rear derailleur on my road bike. Swapped my Trek to moto style brakes and bled them. Cleaned up its drivetrain. Now, time to go have some fun with it tomorrow

Hi There!
    I got to the trails about 8:30am under cloudy skies, park was empty, started to sprinkle so i decided to wait it out a bit. It started to clear up, I rode a lap and a half which is about 12 miles. By the time I got to the bike wash to clean up and leave a bunch of different people were showing up to ride; by the time I was packed up and most of them were getting on the trails it started pouring like crazy. I did a self high-five, but wish those other people didn't get soaked.
    NTFTC

29ers Forever
    Today is rainy, so I decided to swap the steering stems on my F9 and Cobia. Now the Cobia has a shorter stem. I hope that this improves handling.

29ers Forever
    Took an old '80s KMART bike out today. I rode it and crashed on the gravel.
    Man, I am not used to those 24" wheels :P

Hi There!
    i practiced proper cornering based on the videos posted somewhere in this community. i've been mountain biking for years and never bothered to learn proper cornering technique. it's been a blast so far but being right-handed those turns seem so much easier and more natural than left-handers.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Took the trials bike out, ripped my shin all to ****, that reminds me I need to purchase shin pads.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I practiced trackstands on a 2x4 for 2 hours in my basement because it's been raining for days.

Super Clyde

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Not today, but yesterday, I rode 26 miles on the American Tobacco Trail.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Finally got sick of not riding and did a quick 10 mile ride before work on the road this morning and damn did it feel good. So much so that I'm going to do it again tomorrow. Hopefully the rain stays away for a few more days and the trails dry out a little. I've got the itch bad to hit the dirt.
    His Hers
    2014 Trek CrossRip 2015 Trek Lexa
    2012 Trek Rumblefish 2013 Sette Reken

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Rode the short stretch of local singletrack (7 miles) and quickly found out why people wear knee and elbow pads.

mtbr member
    Sweet 10k of singletrack

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Parked my car that costs me in 4 months what it would of cost to buy a good FS bike and rode my Kona Kula to work for the past week! Haven't had the chance to hit the trails with it in a week so this kinda makes up for it.

mtbr member
    Rode 17 miles

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    18 miles, 2300 ft elevation gain

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Todays ride

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1371341574435.jpg  

Rogue Exterminator
    Did a there and back.
    Ate some BBQ and drank some beer there and rode back home.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-screenshot_2013-06-15-22-06-10.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Had an awesome ride, a little over 10 miles. Trails were a bit wet in some places bits its fun to get a little dirty! What's not fun? Getting a flat at the farthest point of the ride and walking the 5 miles home!

Definitely fits in the beginner forum, now I know why people pack spare tubes! And I even had one in my basement...

Still probably the most fun I've had on my bike in a long time, even with the flat and long walk home!

mtbr member
    Rode Bird to Gird (Girdwood), 14 miles round trip on a paved trail. It was absolutely a gorgeous day here in Alaska and there were a lot of people taking advantage of the weather. Even saw a small black bear on the trail.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird1.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird2.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird3.jpgAttachment 808620What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird5.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird6.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-bird7.jpg

29ers Forever
    On Sunday I rode at Ascutney. On the trail "Hayride" I slowed down at a small bump near the end. Upon climbing the far side of the ditch, I lost too much speed and flew over the handlebars.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    On Sunday, I rode 15 miles on the flat paved bike path along the beach. Per doctor's orders, I wore full pads and averaged 11 mph. With the other riders and pedestrians, I'm not sure it was safer than a dirt trail.

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1749%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_1741%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieInAlaska View Post
    Rode Bird to Gird (Girdwood), 14 miles round trip on a paved trail. It was absolutely a gorgeous day here in Alaska and there were a lot of people taking advantage of the weather. Even saw a small black bear on the trail.
    I want to do THAT ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yesterday I grabbed a morning ride before the Father's Day activities. During the ride, I hit a jump and my phone flew out of my jersey pocket, cracked the screen. Then later my cleat came off my shoe, and stuck in the pedal. Then on the way home I got caught in a pop up shower with my jeep top off. Got the top on and locked my keys in there when I got home...

What a day. haha - But it's all good, I got to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-3md3q13n15l95i65sad6db3a7a6c227371c1d.jpgAfter two months late of what i wanted done, i finally have my fork, hub and headset all on so now i can ride unfortunately, im gonna have to sell it because i need the money back that i dumped into it for school D: college sucks.

new rock shox sektor 150mm fork, sette hub, canecreek headset, brake pads, derailler hanger. thats all the new stuff as of now.

Just Ride
    Cleaned it and adjusted the chain tension on my SS. Had to ride the road bike as it's been raining a lot lately. AGAIN! So the trails are mush, AGAIN!!!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member

Come on up Bruce, the weather has been great! The photos are a bit deceiving, the trail is (for the most part) up on a bluff above the ocean and the Seward highway is down below.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Two Wheeled Terror

This was yesterday but I ripped apart my z1 bombers and did an oil change. Gotta order new springs for them and do a rebuild. Amazingly they are still in great shape other than that. Forks are now 16 years old. Test ride as today and its noticeably plusher....with new springs it will be great!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Rode 30 miles, 14 road to the trails, and the rest was on dirt. I really like how my skills are improving with each ride.
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    bet you don't see a walmart bike with clipless pedals too often. Did just enough work on the bike to get the thing rolling and it wouldn't kill me. Mission peak 2500ft. I had to swap saddles from my main rig, the included post wasn't long enough =/

mtbr member
    Couple of hours after work.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

29ers Forever
    Today I rode at Pine Hill Park in Rutland. It was muggy, buggy, and the tails were fast. Today was the trial day for my new shoes, New Balance 759s. My right foot slipped off my pedal in a couple of very rocky places (Stegosaurus and Lonely Rock), but for the most part they were better than the 610 All-Terrains I had used previously. This time I rode much faster than last time, so I hope I am becoming used to how a 29er feels and should be ridden.

Super Clyde
    Not my bike, bit I demoed an Air 9 RDO. Rode about 4 or 5 miles off road for the first time in about 10 years. I had a blast! Now I need to build a new 29er so I can ride off road more often.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Overhauling the drive train. Too soon?

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371938370.800473.jpg

mtbr member
    Went on my first bike ride on my new Giant Revel 4. Hopefully going to get fitter and get into a bit of XC. Start of a long road to come!
    2013 Giant Revel 4.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a 13 mile loop, damn it was hot out today.

mtbr member
    about 3hr in the pouring rain on various connecting paths and stumbled on the grand opening of a waterfront path by the city and scored 2 free hamburgers and cold pop. Win!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Rode my brand new 2012 Trek X-Caliber 29er first time on a local trail..mix of fire roads and single track...some rocks...did about 5 miles only before it got kinda dark...going again for at least 10 mile ride tomorrow..

mtbr member
    Spent early this afternoon doing some road riding - just done 8 miles today. Building up the fitness slowly!
    2013 Giant Revel 4.

Hi There!
    Went to a trail that I've never been to near my house...it was okay. The fun stuff was real fun, the rooty stuff not so much. It's only about 3 miles long so I did 2 laps, now I'm off to meet my wife at the beach...
    NTFTC

Rogue Exterminator
    I volunteered for an equestrian clinic to help desensitize horses. It was a blast.

(I am not the mtbr in the pic)
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-1044456_4913067111376_1006409532_n.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member

Went OTB. Oops!

29ers Forever
    I tried to put new pads on the F9, and it did not work well. I will try again, but I doubt it working.
    Later today I will also put new bar tape on my R300, hopefully that will work.
    But, man, I really hate those rim brakes and I am glad that my Cobia does not have them.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Just been on a nice cycle ride down the seafront this evening - nice sunny evening for it, low wind too!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-6476_623544990989168_1395008754_n.jpg

Those cranks, forks and wheels need to be changed - make the bike look so untidy.
    2013 Giant Revel 4.

mtbr member
    I went for my second mountain biking ride in my life today.. Falling in love with it more and more!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    rebuilt fox 32 140mm shocks, pretty easy really.

mtbr member

Spent a little time this evening tracking down a noise. Pulled the crank, bb, and pedals all apart. Cleaned, lubed, tightened. Rode it up and down the hill in the back yard and so far it's quiet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Rode Blue Moon here in El Paso, TX. Not today, but this last weekend.

“You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

29ers Forever
    I don't know if this works for this thread, but I just redid the handlebar wraps on my R300, I tried 5 times until I was done, and now the left side is loose.

29ers Forever
    One of my friends and I had a little race to see who was faster, had a better bike, etc. I have a 2013 Trek Cobia and he has a 2011 Specialized Hardrock 26 bog standard. On the start of the race, he started in the highest gear possible (7th), so that when he pushed hard on the pedal to overcome the speed difference, the chain fell off the cassette and lodged itself into the gap between the cassette and the rear of the triangle where the wheel is attached at the end of the chainstay. On a Hardrock, the chain fits perfectly in this gap ( as I believe a chain could fit in any gap this big). He skidded to a halt and fell off his bike. I had a bit of a laugh, and while he was trying to pull the chain out of the gap, I loosened the wheel's quick release and popped the wheel off, easily fitting the chain back on after shifting down. I am no mechanic, so I was impressed at my job. I only hope that when I refitted his wheel that it was tight enough.