Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 2923
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by 65mph12 View Post
    I went out to Sweetwater Reservoir for the first time and fell off my bike. Got pretty banged up too. Much more to see there, so I'll be back.
    when you say sweetwater, do you mean TN? i'll be heading up there this weekend for "the lost sea" and to do some riding.

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440
    I adjusted levers, brakes, grips, and handlebars....but it's so easier on my wrists to ride now

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    I did my usual ride today after my left leg healed a bit from my last crash (Stupid mistake on my part). I've been trying to practice my cornering on a local trail thats pretty straight forward and not too technical, just alot of up and down hill with roots and bigger rocks strewn about. Also a simple water crossing, well about 1.5 miles from home (its an 8 or 9 mile ride) I round the last major corner faster than I normally would feeling confident that I'm getting better. Then I realize this is the corner with the big rut running from the center of the corner to the edge of the track. Naturally right on the line I picked for myself causing me to panic break on both levers. I then lost control of the bike, and next thing I know I'm picking my head up out of the dirt. Pretty sure I endo'd but not really sure, I don't remember what happened between losing control and picking my face off the ground. When I got back up my bike was leaning against a tree which I found odd. Far as I know I was the only one out there today. Anyway, I got up laughed a bit and then got upset at myself for panicing like that and not just changing my line and forgetting that rut. Second time it got me, first time it caused me to wipe out.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    309
    Picked up a new trail map and tried out a pretty awesome, although flat, XC trail for the first time. Its the perfect place to get practice done for the more technical trails I ride. Unfortunately it resulted in my first flat on a tire I literally had purchased an hour earlier, but having new trails to ride on is great.

  5. #55
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,678
    22 mile ride this morning..no stops..felt great!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerty View Post
    I did my usual ride today after my left leg healed a bit from my last crash (Stupid mistake on my part). I've been trying to practice my cornering on a local trail thats pretty straight forward and not too technical, just alot of up and down hill with roots and bigger rocks strewn about. Also a simple water crossing, well about 1.5 miles from home (its an 8 or 9 mile ride) I round the last major corner faster than I normally would feeling confident that I'm getting better. Then I realize this is the corner with the big rut running from the center of the corner to the edge of the track. Naturally right on the line I picked for myself causing me to panic break on both levers. I then lost control of the bike, and next thing I know I'm picking my head up out of the dirt. Pretty sure I endo'd but not really sure, I don't remember what happened between losing control and picking my face off the ground. When I got back up my bike was leaning against a tree which I found odd. Far as I know I was the only one out there today. Anyway, I got up laughed a bit and then got upset at myself for panicing like that and not just changing my line and forgetting that rut. Second time it got me, first time it caused me to wipe out.
    i feel you man, the trails around my area have rain ruts all through them and it can throw you off. in fact, that was my first wreck on my mountain bike. just got the bike, found the trails, went out for a ride, No helmet. i hit that rut trying to lean into, which i now know is called Railing, and wheel shifted on me and sent me over. Got real lucky i rolled between two trees and only my ankle slapped the tree, and took my shoe off. haha

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    edirty6 that first pic is sweet man!

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    Replaced the crap, stock pedals on my 2013 carve comp with Answer Rove pedals. Mucho bettero.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker118 View Post
    edirty6 that first pic is sweet man!
    thanks man, i'll be heading out bright and early tomorrow morning to beat the heat, and i'll be sure to snap a lot more pics. East TN with the Sunrise is a awesome sight

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    39
    went out for my 1st ever trail ride...Cunningham park in NY- i crawled a couple of times on the "easiest" trail, obviously. had fun, but, it will take me awhile to go through a trail at any sort of decent riding speed.

    all good, though, as long as I can learn how to ride properly, which seems a bit of a trick doing it on my own and without any guidance. considering its been over 25 years since i rode a bicycle, especially.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
    Picked up a new trail map and tried out a pretty awesome, although flat, XC trail for the first time. Its the perfect place to get practice done for the more technical trails I ride. Unfortunately it resulted in my first flat on a tire I literally had purchased an hour earlier, but having new trails to ride on is great.
    did you put the tube in there your self? sounds like a pinch flat it you got one that early.

    i got up early, did some trails. and after 8 miles was done. few pics along the way.







    ended up with a flat tire when i got home, not sure how because it was fine all the way on the trails.
    Last edited by Edirty6; 07-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    I dusted mine off after returning from 2 years in the Peace Corps!

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10
    went for a quick ride on a trail near chesebro by my house to test out my new "used" bike.

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Turned dust and sweat into mud.........100 degrees in Ohio is just wrong!

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmb_flare2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16
    did a big ol' tune up yesterday, getting a very late start on the season due to the birth of our daughter, only really able to ride before work now at 4:30 am, got 10k in though

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26
    had a good try out on the clipless today, no fall!!




  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    ^ im thinking i might give clipless another try. i had them for 3 weeks and after having a few spills in technical sections at my local trails(very,very,very rocky) and not being able to get out of them in time, i went back to platforms. planning on buying some DH pedals and some Five ten shoes and see if that helps keep me on them though, the reason i bought clipless was because i was slipping off pedals to much trying to pedal through and over the tech. stuff

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    23
    I rode The Tour of Saints today. 35 miles of rolling prairie. Battery was dead on my camera and I left my phone at home. No photos. I did enjoy the ride.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    45
    I tried clipless Edirty6 and took them off after a week. I did the same thing took a couple of bad falls because I couldn't get out of them in time. I got some BMX pedals and I love them. Even on the rocky downhills my feet have stayed on the pedals so much better.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Edirty6 View Post
    ^ im thinking i might give clipless another try. i had them for 3 weeks and after having a few spills in technical sections at my local trails(very,very,very rocky) and not being able to get out of them in time, i went back to platforms. planning on buying some DH pedals and some Five ten shoes and see if that helps keep me on them though, the reason i bought clipless was because i was slipping off pedals to much trying to pedal through and over the tech. stuff
    yo Edirty, ya just need to be abit more concious about ya feet are being clipped in.

    try it about 2 weeks later, ya might be amazed how ya have improve!

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simpledesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    440
    Tried a new trail....liked it....still working on building up skills and confidence.

  22. #72
    Making due...
    Reputation: DuManchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55
    Began my budget build by stripping the frame of most components (need a crank puller still). I'd post a pic but I haven't hit the 10 post count yet.
    1991 Trek 830 Antelope (Commuter/Street/Paved Trail Duty)
    2006 Raleigh Mojave "Lager" Hardtail (XC Budget Build)

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: falconpunch79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    419
    Rode down a fun but bumpy single track on campus, then rode back up and did it again. Then got lost in the woods. I just kind of rode around until I got my bearings, fun day.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    I need to get this bike on the road...nice pics in this thread! I went to the LBS to ask why I couldn't fit ten BBs in my hubs like Shimano says I should be able to....the guy says that if 9 came out then put nine back. A certain logic in that. It would apply to me more when I used to blow the ganj.....these days I look at a spec sheet and apply it. Guess I will roll on over to the wheels forum.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DirtyHank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    9 is what I usually see in most hubs. Not sure if I've ever seen 10.

    Hank

  26. #76
    Mountain Bikes For Life
    Reputation: GrizzRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    went to ring wood did the blue, ringwood/ramapo, yellow had a good time

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rode to the start of Cholla trail at Aliso - Woods Canyon. Baby steps.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-mountain-bike.jpg  


  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Got hired today for a full time job!! an all mountain bike is in my future, GT Force 2.0 hopefully

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    Yesterday, I got my new bike, a 2012 Jamis Durango Comp. Today, I rode it around the parking lot at my apartment complex a few times and got a chainstay protector. Saturday, gonna hit the trails with it for the first time.

  30. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    543
    What did I do today on my mountain bike? I watched its progress from California to my house via FedEx tracking. Its excruciating. Its been “on the truck ready for delivery” since 7:50am and still hasn’t arrived. Now no one’s at the house and I fear it will have to wait until tomorrow. Patience. It’s a virtue. But I’m SOOOO not virtuous…

    As for the other mtn. bike, I admired its fine lines and current bikepacking setup during my lunch break. Then I took the road bike back to work. Eh, life could be worse…

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sickmak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    788
    If 1am counts as earlier today I realized my park tool would remove my crankset. I was getting a noise from that area so I tore the BB out and cleaned and lubed everything. No more noise!

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rmb_flare2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16
    For the first time in almost 2 years, I finally got a solid trail ride fit in to my busy schedule. After moving across the country and having a new baby girl it was nice to finally get out and ride.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rode to my friends house after i left my keys in his truck.

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madaxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    179
    8k on the trail with the fiancee... Plus a 20k round trip riding there on the road.
    '10 Hardrock Sport Disc

  35. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mazda Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    131
    Ended up just riding around town with a friend, first time I've tried clipless pedals.

    And, ended up falling over twice coming to a stop.

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rode Fairland Regional...fun!!

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HammerItOutNoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    47
    Tightened everything down for tomorrow morning.

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yetilicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Was able to ride up the Boccardo Trail @ Alum Rock park for the first time. Only walked parts of it twice. If it wasn't 95 degrees today I probably could have muscled up the too steep parts. 1 hour to get up and only 10 minutes to get down.

  39. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_flare2010 View Post
    For the first time in almost 2 years, I finally got a solid trail ride fit in to my busy schedule. After moving across the country and having a new baby girl it was nice to finally get out and ride.
    con grads to you man. you'll have to get her out there with you in a few years
    always rewarding when you have to wait for so long to ride. it just makes it that much more enjoyable

  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gcappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,641

    Lack of Experience

    Crashed going between a tight pair of trees. Caught my left grip on the tree, flipped over the right side of the bars, did a summer-salt and landed on my back. I think I broke some ribs, got cuts everywhere and broke my brand new tofosi sun glasses. Going to get an e-ray this morning. Been mnt. biking for two months. This stuff is great!

    Gcappy
    Full Tilt Fitting Oswego NY

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    ^^

    thats love for the sport right there. haha

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: docjonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rode it 4 miles,up hill....rear freewheel broke....:thumbdown:


    Sent using pony express

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    31
    Flipped the bars on a downhill and bent my wheels beyond repair

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ZmyDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    473
    I moved it out of the way so I could reach a tool behind it.

  45. #95
    Making due...
    Reputation: DuManchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55
    Stripped the threads on one of the crank arms trying to pull the non-chainring side off. Then I cross-threaded it trying to get the puller back in, then the crank puller broke...

    That crank arm is getting a swift death at the hands of my cutoff wheel this Saturday.
    1991 Trek 830 Antelope (Commuter/Street/Paved Trail Duty)
    2006 Raleigh Mojave "Lager" Hardtail (XC Budget Build)

  46. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by DuManchu View Post
    Stripped the threads on one of the crank arms trying to pull the non-chainring side off. Then I cross-threaded it trying to get the puller back in, then the crank puller broke...

    That crank arm is getting a swift death at the hands of my cutoff wheel this Saturday.
    you shoulda used some PB blaster on it and let it soak on the flanges befor you started trying to pull it off.

    i did the same thing to my road bike as you did to yours, now i cant get it off and im afraid to do any thing to it in fear of hurting the frame, or other parts.

    i saw the use of pb blaster on my BMW forum and i though it if works for 19 year old car bolts, sure it would work for a bike

  47. #97
    Making due...
    Reputation: DuManchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Edirty6 View Post
    you shoulda used some PB blaster on it and let it soak on the flanges befor you started trying to pull it off.

    i did the same thing to my road bike as you did to yours, now i cant get it off and im afraid to do any thing to it in fear of hurting the frame, or other parts.

    i saw the use of pb blaster on my BMW forum and i though it if works for 19 year old car bolts, sure it would work for a bike
    That's the thing, I soaked the crank arms in PB on Sunday night when I got most of the bike stripped down. Re-sprayed with PB again yesterday and hit the crank arms with the puller when it hit my doorstep today. The drive side came off after some coaxing with the puller and a rubber mallet. The non-drive side, nope. Not happening.

    Either way, the crank is junk, I don't mind grinding away a little metal to remove the stupid thing.
    1991 Trek 830 Antelope (Commuter/Street/Paved Trail Duty)
    2006 Raleigh Mojave "Lager" Hardtail (XC Budget Build)

  48. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 65mph12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    89
    I changed my first ust tire. I was expecting a little difficulty getting the tire mounted, but the bead set easy with a floor pump the first time. :thumbsup

  49. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    Took my Jamis out to the trails for the first time today, got a brake pad spacer for the front, and adjusted the brakes

  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    My bike is in the shop. My brother rode it and came back with both tires flat. You guys are lucky you have actual trails where you live.

    Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •