Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I touched it. Just bought it last weekend. Haven't ridden a mountain bike in ~20 years. Shoes arrive today, picking up a Thule Sidearm tomorrow since it's a lefty, hopefully I can ride this weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2010

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Congrats on starting riding again!!!! Just finished installing my avid elixir r sl brake set I picked up for an awesome price. Hopefully riding Saturday to test them out!!

Super Clyde

I set it up on a trainer to help me recover from a knee injury. Only light spinning for now per the MD instructions.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Nothing yet, just woke up!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Today, nothing; yesterday, took it out on the Rails2Trails bikeway and viewed some eyecandy <3 spring.

Saw a jogger of the female variety jogging.. wearing a mini-skirt O.o

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Beat my old lap time around my favorite trail today by a FULL 2 minutes! Its a 4.3 mile loop of single track with lots of short but steep hills and winding trails. Old record was 29mins 50sec and I just blew that out of the water with 27mins 44sec.

Trail is Preddy Creek in Charlottesville, VA. Used the Preddy Creek loop with the advanced trail added onto it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Went to the local trail, paid my yearly admin fee for the park, and blew a lung, riped up my knee and just about puked AWESOME RIDE!.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Newbie here and to Mountain Bikes. Used to race BMX as a kid 20+ years ago and then did some road biking in there for a little bit. Bought my bike via craigslist over a week ago and have finally found some time to ride it. Have a good network of local trails and got this point after only being on pavement for .25 to .5 mile or so. Total trip was 7+ miles (turned on gps too late!) with a mix of singletrack up and downhill, jeep paths, a full on dirt road, and then some pavement to get back home quicker.. Sadly had to push her up some of the single track hills, but that will change soon enough I hope.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Went clipless for the first time! Loved it....don't plan on going back to flats.

mtbr member
    Not a thing as I'll be down for at least a week. No major injury, I've got finals coming up.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Wrecked my bike in the most colossal wreck that I have ever have in my life. It was all started by a stump that might have measured 3" tall and 1.5" across. Small enough that I did not see it but big enough to stop the bike dead in its tracks. The bike ended up with a nice 2" scratch. I may have 2' on all of my arms and legs. I guess that is why there is a beer forum!

mtbr member
    May 2010

Ouch man. Get better soon. Got my bike ready to ride tomorrow after work. Super pumped to ride. Hoping to put down at least 9 miles tomorrow

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Have fun tomorrow. Will be hitting the trail on Sunday. Hopefully the bike and I will have recovered.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I got some used Specialized tires that are 2.30 and mounted them on my regular wheels which was normallya 1.95. I didn't think they'd work but they did. Oh new slime tubes also, getting ready for a thorny desert.

29ers Forever
    Went to Pine Hill Park in Rutland for the first time this season. Trails are dry and very fun. Nice test for my new Cobia!

Rogue Exterminator
    Not a damn thing.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-62646_4692022065388_512902097_n.jpg
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Did a 13 mile loop today and one yesterday.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Super Clyde
    Took my bike to the shop. I bought a computer a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't get it to work. I went to he shop to have them look at my install to make sure I didn't make a mistake. The mechanic couldn't get it to work either. I left it there and will call back tomorrow. Hopefully they just put a new unit on there and call it a day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Got lost for 20 min on my old schwinn mesa hardtail. I started riding 2 weeks ago. This trail I wasn't familiar with and was primarily made up of rock gardens and hardest climbs I've yet to encounter . Pushed myself through it and used the remainder of my leg strength to wash my bike when i got home.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    water dog
    trail was technical and challenging for me. had a blast
    Water Dog (Suggestion 1) - Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Not a damn thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62646_4692022065388_512902097_n.jpg 
Views:	3251 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	796390
    I'm going to ignore the misuse of meme, and just say..... this is not funny.

Not much. Went about 9 miles IN THE RAIN to some trails and hiked them. Crashed good on the way out. Not otb, but I have some serious bruising and holes in my leg. I bled a lot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I started putting my old bike back together (Got a new frame and everything from my old bike got moved over). It has been a fun process building up my new frame and putting the stock components back on my old frame. I have learned a bunch.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    After not riding for about 10 years, just bought a 29er. It's been raining non stop so all I've been able to do is stare at it! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so hitting the trails with friends for the maiden voyage after work. Absolutely can't wait!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy54 View Post
    After not riding for about 10 years, just bought a 29er. It's been raining non stop so all I've been able to do is stare at it! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so hitting the trails with friends for the maiden voyage after work. Absolutely can't wait!!!
    Are you in NC?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    After finishing an interview at a summer camp I had 1 hour to burn before I had to head off to the doctor's office. Had my bike in my car with helmet and gloves. Wen't for a brisk 9 miles ride in my interview clothes. Butt hurts pretty bad now though but as always it was worth it.

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy54 View Post
    Which 29er did you buy? Brand/Model?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Getting my 1993 Cannondale Deltav 1000 back today and going to restore the poor beast, might throw some slicks on it and use it just for street. The poor girl has seen her fair share of trials and needs a gentle retirement.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

wyrd bi ful rd
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-20130507-reigate-hill-forum.jpg

Last edited by chinaman; 05-17-2013 at 07:50 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Got my shifter cable housings cut and cables cut. Now I just need to get out and on the trails. Leg still needs a day or 2 I think

mtbr member
    I recently bought a 1988ish Specialized Hardrock that I put Hybrid tires on to keep my Marlin off the pavement. Yesterday I did 13 miles on it. Riding smooth for 20 some years old.

mtbr member
    Here she is

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My usual to and from work commute on my Hardrock. Also rode over to the LBS to pick up some tire levers so I can get my new set of Ardents installed. Installed my new grips (ODI Rogues) when I got home and will get the Ardents join when I return to the garage.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Trails too muddy, so I rode 15 miles of fire road. Saw a number of mushroom hunters parked along road. Came up to a truck, doors open, a pair of feet and the legs of some pants. I thought my bike was quite loud, but as I pedaled by, she didn't even know I was their. She looked quite fit. He was in the passenger seat on the phone. Gave me a pleasant nod and smile.

Taking the wife mushroom hunting tonight. Wish us luck.

mtbr member
    Rode it! Finally hit the trail, it's the first time since December. Great to get back out on the trail! I've been riding a lot, but just on road, esp. since I got a 'cross bike last month (I love that thing!).

Trails are more fun though, and a MUCH better work out!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Installed a set of Maxxis Ardents on my Hard rock 29er. Such a huge improvement over the Fastraks! Can't wait to ride them on the mountain come Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Cleaned her up and scrubbed the drivetrain really good. Found out I have broken a tooth on my large chainring. Called my LBS and they will order me a new one on Monday. Thinking about replacing the middle since I have it all apart anyway.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Originally Posted by Daisy54

Which 29er did you buy? Brand/Model?

Specialized Myka

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    i went to a LBS and oggled bikes i cant afford....
    is this normal?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Water dog again today. Great riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by boomy169 View Post
    i went to a LBS and oggled bikes i cant afford....
    is this normal?
    Normal, but it comforting to know bikes don't matter that much, it's the rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    today's ride. trying to get used to the the new-to-me steed.

i really like how this one turned out:

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    redwood national park. nice day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Not a damn thing, the weather has turned to shat, was a nice 25 for he last week now it dropped back to 3 and windy and snowing/raining WTF mother nature? Yes this is in celcius, I want my 25 back.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Hit the Seneca Ridge Trail from my house in MD for a little 13 miler. Great ride.

Super Clyde
    I broke my 16 year old Grip Shift x-ray shifter. I called my LBS and they had a new shifter in stock, so I was in and out in 15 mins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Not a damn thing, the weather has turned to shat, was a nice 25 for he last week now it dropped back to 3 and windy and snowing/raining WTF mother nature? Yes this is in celcius, I want my 25 back.
    Sounds like you are in my neck of the woods fahza. It's nicer this afternoon.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Tried to get a friend of mine through Skeggs yesterday but he's apparently more out of shape than I am! So I took him through a beginner track near Palo Alto this morning. I played on the dirt jumps.

And looking into hydraulic brakes for my 29er.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Fianlly back to warm, went out for loop tonight with the GF, wasn't the fastest loop but she loves to ride with me. Sometimes you just have to give a little, I will hammer one out Friday and fill my need for speed.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Met a rider in his mid-50's documenting a small injury he got on the trails for his wife who is a Physician in Mexico City. I offered him some gauze I had in my bag but he claimed to be completely confident in his bodies ability to heal itself. He told me about his life and how this was his 15th American city to live in as he traveled the world. Before we parted way he asked to take a photo of me for his wife. I rode for about another hour before making my way back into the city and noticed he was still on the trails.
    2009 Diamondback Outlook

29ers Forever
    Went to the "trails" at the reservoir on Cox District Road in Woodstock, VT. I didn't find any trails other than a logging road, so I went home. On the way back top my house, I rode my 2013 Cobia from the Town Hall in Pomfret down to my house. At one point I hit 37 mph riding down the hill. My 29er was very stable, and I was able to turn a corner going 33 mph. I love my 29er.