Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 2924
    Super Clyde

What did You do today on your mountain bike?

Took my new bike out for a 4.4 mile shake down run, first time on dirt in 12 years. Wouldn't you know I got a flat 10 minutes into my ride.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1395957575.534345.jpg

Overall I had an awesome time though. Note the **** eating grin.What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1395957615.116094.jpg

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

Team 9.8
    Check out Team 9.8's new crash and fail reel, episode 1! It consists of all of our recent crash/fail videos plus slow motion of each crash.

This is all of our crashes over the last ~6 months or so haha. One of them just yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLEz6vo_6FQ

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Successfully bleed my Avid hydraulic brakes for the first time!
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1396047774.027330.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Took the Kona out for the first time since the beginning of the year (compared to my Raleigh USA Olympian the Kona's a real workout). Went to the bank (about a half mile), then to the Colorado River Heritage Park & Trails in Laughlin (about seven miles), rode around there for a while, even went on the horse trails (and paid for it, sugar sand is a leg killer), then back home.

mtbr member

Re: What did You do today on your mountain bike?

went for a good climb and bomb down... selfie - losing bit of gravy What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1396049663237.jpg

Sent from my i9100 Warbird
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1396049723023.jpg
    my trusty steed

Sent from my i9100 Warbird
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    I did my first jump today! Home built ramp, only about 20-24" off the ground, but it's the first time I have jumped a mountain bike since I used to wheelie off picnic tables on my Y33 in 1995.

I jump motorcycles over 100+' doubles and triple steps, but jumping a mountain bike is still a little scary to me. These things are just still so fragile feeling.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Took my bike up to dads again this week... I planned on doing a second Sherwood Forest ride but work caught up with me sadly.... So much for having a day off.......

But when I got home I had a small parcel arrive from CRC. So tomorrow the bike is getting a good strip and clean and the new stem and front tyre is going to be fitted up...

Going to try and get out one day this weekend....

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-24-03-2014-17-23-07.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-28-03-2014-19-57-59.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Weather today was perfect for a ride...... But couldnt get out sadly.. I did have a couple of hours to go over the bike though and fit the new tyre to the front of the bike... I can honestly say the X King 2.4 looks no larger than the old Mountain King 2.2 which had been fitted to it.... The new stem looks great with the Crank Bros handle bar. The 30mm longer stem does make the bike feel a little more open but the previous owner had pulled the seat all the way back as far as possible which does not help when you hit those short sharp climbs where the front end wants to go sky ward. Hoping the 30 mm longer stem helps and so does moving the seat forward as I tend to sit and try and spin when I have to climb.. I never feel comfortable stood up on a normal climb so lets see what difference it makes the next time out..

I also spent almost 2 hours cleaning sand from every nook and cranny on the bike. Back to spotless again as I hate having sand just getting deeper and deeper into the bike and bearings. Jizer de-greased the chain too so tomorrow I will be getting it all lubed up again and polished.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-29-03-2014-19-32-49-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-uploadfromtaptalk1396154688042.jpg

Went to Jarrahdale for a rather enjoyable ride in light rain.. Came off once and got some nice gravel rash for my troubles..

Had an absolute blast, as always

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Team 9.8
    I rode out at 18 Road in Fruita, Colorado. Here is a video of one of the trails, Joe's Ride and Mojos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfFp...otlKcOv65LEseQ

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    A nice and clam 30km CX ride in the sun. Mostly hilly single track, but some gravel/roads at the start and end nice to get back up to speed after 5 weeks out due to my broken wrist.

Obligatry Alps and Swiss chalet picture!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-swiss.jpg
    2016 Cannondale SuperX
    2016 Cube Cross Race SL
    2016 Scott Voltage FR 730
    2016 Radon Slide 130 10.0 HD
    2014 Scott Aspect 740

mtbr member
    Since it's still to muddy to ride here due to spring thaw I went outside of town and did hill repeats. Not as much fun as singletrack, but at least I was on a bike. Hoping the hills pay off once the trails are good to ride.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Commuted to work, picked up my Jeep at lunch (getting window replaced) and then rode Blue Sky Basin while my GF ran it. Meet a buddy who just bought a mtn bike and is trying to get back into, made plans for the weekend. Good Day

mtbr member
    Rode around the block with my daughter for the first time.

Today meeting my buddy for some laps at one of the local trails.

Saturday is 6 Hours at Warrior Creek.

Weather is PERFECT for the first time this year.

Clueless Bastard

Parking lot ride with new brakes....

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-wp_20140402_003.jpg
    Front Levers looking good.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-wp_20140402_005.jpg
    That is a burly brake caliper, huh?

Sadly rode around in the parking lot, checking the new brakes I just bolted up.

mtbr member
    today I put a fox36 float 140 rlc fit fork on my distortion along with a new 29mm rim. And then I set up sag and watched the hailstorm...

Super Clyde

Put on a Race Face 70mm stem.

mtbr member
    Cleaned and lubed for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    no pictures but went tubeless. Stoked for no more tubes.

mtbr member

Got the hard tail out for a road ride and then watched the rain start and wet all the snow. I'm going to drive the 11 hours to Rays. Enough waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Installed my Truvativ T20 Carbon bars and ESI Chunkys!!!!!!!!! Woo HOo!!!! ........but can't ride yet due to my bruised sternum.....grrrr. Perhaps tomorrow....PERHAPS!!!

IH, HYHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by sroc3 View Post
    Installed my Truvativ T20 Carbon bars and ESI Chunkys!!!!!!!!! Woo HOo!!!! ........but can't ride yet due to my bruised sternum.....grrrr. Perhaps tomorrow....PERHAPS!!!
    Man I feel your pain. Lost January and part of February with Costrocondritis (inflammation of the chest wall cartilage) and still don't feel fully correct.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    I went to Turkey Humping Ground. There weren't any turkeys there to hump, but I found the clearing quite interesting.

Seriously, I don't know why they do this in central PA, these clearings are all over the place. I'm guessing they're to provide easy eating for deer. Does anybody know?
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-turkeyhumparea.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I set my fastest lap time at QW today 39:26.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I went for a morning ride early today, endoe'd onto a tree that had fallen across the trail and for some reason I just didn't see as early as I might have. I didn't hit it but my braking took me over the bars and I ended up in the pushup position with my hands on the trunk of the tree and my bike all tangled up between my legs.

The tree trunk was about 3.5 feet off the ground, so I just rode back and looked for a way around. on my detour I found some AWESOME jumps, table tops and other dirt work that were an absolute blast to ride.

Then, as I reached the point most distant from my house I managed to break my chain and was not able to fix it. I pushed myself along scooter-style until I got to a schoolyard and called the spouselet to please come pick me up.

Took bike to shop and had them put the best chain they had on, because I don't ever want another broken chain again. It put a damper on my whole morning... who knew bike chains could cost $85...

Looking forward to giving it another try tomorrow morning!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    $85 dollar chains break too.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Oh yes they do!! Hahaha

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Took my first ride today, after my nasty crash last Sunday that left me w/ a bruised sternum. I went to a local "loop" at Will Rogers Park in Pacific Palisades. Great weather for a ride and I apparently heal like The Wolverine (X-men) - no pain during my ride and felt even better towards the end! Did 5 laps! Glad I did the ride and I'm heading to another Park tomorrow oh.......and my new carbon bars rock!! Definitely absorbs some of the shock no doubt.

mtbr member
    Replaced my SS bike with different platform pedals and installed a fleabay cyclometer.
    2006 Diamondback Response SS
    2008 Cannondale F6 - Hers
    2010 Fuji Nevada 1.0
    2012 BMC Speedfox SF03

29ers Forever
    Swapped some parts between bikes and added some.
    For my 2010 Cannondale F9: 35c Bontrager urban tyres, cheap carbon fibre over alloy 100mm stem, and the stock seat back on. I took the reflectors off the pedals (didn't realize I still had those on.)
    For my 2013 Trek 3700 Disk: 2.3 Specialized Eskar for the front, 2.1 Kenda for the rear. I used to be someone who preferred skinnier tyres in the front, but this new setup really works.
    For my 1994 Cannondale R300: fixed the rear tube, and replaced the beat up roadie saddle with the white Bontrager saddle from my F9.
    For my 2013 Cobia: Stared at it. That thing is sexy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    aww man?!!?! please don't say that...

mtbr member
    Fixed the front break rub that popped up during the race yesterday.

mtbr member
    Finally rolled on the dirt today for the first time this year! 12 miles of nice tacky singletrack.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    9 miles in Lory State Park with a buddy I haven't ridden with in a while

mtbr member

Tried to twitch the rear wheel into position in a tight rocky spot I always have to stop and manually position myself through. Didn't work.

Almost no damage but felt really dramatic for a 0mph topple over.

Did get two PRs in other sections.

Edited for auto correct.
    Last edited by IPunchCholla; 04-07-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmxa View Post
    Tried to twitch the rest wheel into position in a tight Rocky spot I always have to stop and poison myself through. Didn't work.

Felt really dramatic for a 0mph topple over.

Did or two seconds.
    You got off easy I had my own 0 mph topple over a little over a week ago and walked away with a bruised sternum....it was excruciating.

mtbr member

I got to ride my usual 11 mile route of trails in warm sunshine.
    Vancouver is paradise today.
    " I don't ride park"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    took my freshly built bike on it's maiden voyage. needs some tweaks but rides well. been awhile since I rode a mtn bike, **** eating grin ensued.

Guinness themed purely by accident.

mtbr member
    Well I have to say I'm proud of myself today. My Carbon Canyon (CA) training is really helping me get better. But today I did my first Strava recorded ride:

Bike Ride Profile | Afternoon Ride near Brea | Times and Records | Strava

If anyone cares lol

And found this little guy on the way up - On the way down a pack of coyotes but no time for pics on that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00041.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Went on a GREAT end-of-the-day/dusk ride I was apprehensive at first because I had been riding 3 days in a row, but the outcome was great. My warm-up for the first half mile was not fun, since the trail starts uphill, but once I got into the groove....I was in total control of my suffering. I could constantly keep a steady pace at about 20% below my redline. Push a little more, recover, push again...repeat...
    Haven't felt this way since my older days of road biking This is the point, since I started mtb 2 months ago, where I know I have my fitness dialed in and now it's up to me to make it a steady, uphill climb to the next level of my endurance and strength.

It's usually the times when you think you shouldn't be going on a ride that it just totally surprises you.....

Let the journey begin.

Super Clyde

Got a hitch installed on my car, mounted my 1Up, and test fit my bike.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1397065208.968640.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1397065220.934939.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Removed the standard 185mm discs and replaced them with Shimano Ice Tech 203mm ones...

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-10-04-2014-17-56-18.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-photo-10-04-2014-17-56-27.jpg

mtbr member
    they are easier to break than the $30 chain...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-dsc01882.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

I put a Brooks Swift saddle on today. Now I'm just waiting for my replacement quick lock lever for my forks so I can start breaking it in. God help me but this thing is hard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

I'm getting ready for the season.. Rebuilt my fork, new rotors and pads, pedals, some cables, new tires, soaked my chain in vinegar and regreased it, new cassette, new seat tomorrow hopefully.. Packed up my saddle bag.. I think she's about ready.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Did my usual 10 mile endure ride today. Was a balmy 49' felt great.

mtbr member

Yesterda Afternoon

8.1miles in Bonelli Park (CA)

Before the ride & waiting for a girl and her horse to come down the trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00046.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00049.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Did my usual 10 mile enduro ride today for the fifth time in a row this week!
    woohoo and the weather was sunny

Super Clyde

Got a box of goodies from Jenson today. SLX brakes and 203/180 rotors. I work all day tomorrow, but I promise I'll be busy on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Went tubeless used the Joe no flats kit and was amazed how easy it was.. Front wheel I was actually sus that I'd done something wrong it went so well. Rear wasnt quite so smooth as a result of the valve sticking open and dumping all the air. Took a couple goes but got there in the end...

Nobby Nic performance on Alex Rims.. Floor pump, no compressor!

Will leave them sitting in the garage tonight n take for a little ride around the block tomorrow but so far, I'm happy!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Just taggingthe thread for now

IH, HYHT.
    Swapped tires on the Fargo. Went from the stock Contis to Club Roost CX tires. We'll see if the stay for the season. Stood up from mounting the front tire and noticed a 5' long bull snake had joined me in the garage. Pretty funny, it was trying to rattle it's tail and my Lab was freaking out. Finally got the dog away so I could relocate it to the yard.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Went to Sherwood Pines today.... Did almost 18 miles and almost 2 laps of the red route before riding back to my mother in laws house..
    First ride on the new 203mm Ice Tech discs, they have made a significant difference. Not over powering, possibly more down to the Elixr 5 calipers being a little weak, but loads of modulation and zero fade. Loving the brakes now...

It was also my first proper ride on the new front tyre. I am now running Conti X King 2.4 on the front and a Mountain King 2.4 on the rear. Both kevlar beaded. I was told I should swap them round as the X king is better on the rear but after today I am so glad I didnt. The bike was flowing through the berms a lot better than the old Mountain King I had been running on the front. Not chatter or the feeling of grip and slip mid corner just loads of grip and when you get some lean angle in to the corner it keeps gripping. I have been told the X Kings are not good tyres and I shouldn't have got them... But after today I am loving the X Kings. The terrain was mostly sand and forestry trails as well as sandstone fire roads and performed faultlessly..

mtbr member
    Got in an 8 mile ride today. Today is the nicest day here in central PA that we've had in almost exactly 6 months, it's nearly perfect. 2 of those miles were on some pretty cool singletrack. I have to admit after one pretty close call I decided to stick to the more traveled gravel roads for the rest of my ride.

Although my skills are improving I get nervous when I ride tougher trails by myself. Cell phone reception is hit or miss and if I snapped a leg or something it could be quite awhile until someone showed up to help or I drug myself out with my arms. Not sure if that's being a wuss or being smart. I'm leaning towards smart.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bridge.jpg

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-creek.jpg

mtbr member
    I think you are being smart, I'm taking the same approach, can't do it? wont do it. Looks like a fun ride though.

I got in 13 miles @ Carbon Canyon did a lot better and feeling more confident. I got in 3 rides this week and it feels great, I feel great.

Some pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00065.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00066.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Took my new bike out for its first ride to a park near my house and hit up some trails behind it. While in the woods I come up over the crest of a hill and standing there in front of me is the back of a naked girl who was pulling up her underwear. Apparently I rolled up on 2 kids having sex in the woods lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inergen View Post
    Took my new bike out for its first ride to a park near my house and hit up some trails behind it. While in the woods I come up over the crest of a hill and standing there in front of me is the back of a naked girl who was pulling up her underwear. Apparently I rolled up on 2 kids having sex in the woods lol.
    What no pictures?? LOL j/k!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bahahaha...awesome!

I moved dirt for 4 hours on a pumptrack we're doing for our town. Nice day in the woods.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    had exhilarating ride, and then unfortunately wrecked badly. Was able to ride home, but had a lot of pain so I went to emergency room.

Ribs broken in side and back, shoulder separated, one lung seems to want to fill with fluid; constantly coughing it up.

$#CK!!!!

Guess I need to take it easy for a while...

Am half wondering if I need a bike with smaller wheels. not the first time I've found that I just couldn't turn sharper once mid-corner and being carried out. this time just ended worse than the other times.... I wonder if smaller wheels would let me make more mid-corner corrections.

Anyway, am laid up now, worried that it's going to be a while before I can post about riding again...

mtbr member
    Ouch!!!

Get better soon!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by L8APXR View Post
    had exhilarating ride, and then unfortunately wrecked badly. Was able to ride home, but had a lot of pain so I went to emergency room.

Ribs broken in side and back, shoulder separated, one lung seems to want to fill with fluid; constantly coughing it up.

$#CK!!!!

Am half wondering if I need a bike with smaller wheels. not the first time I've found that I just couldn't turn sharper once mid-corner and being carried out. this time just ended worse than the other times.... I wonder if smaller wheels would let me make more mid-corner corrections.

Anyway, am laid up now, worried that it's going to be a while before I can post about riding again...
    Well, that sucks! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I hit one of my favorite trails for the first time this season. Great ride even with a new saddle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8APXR View Post

$#CK!!!!

been there...take it easy for a couple days. Broken ribs really suck, but you already are knowing that.

not that you need to hear this now, but you do gotta pick your line earlier on a 29er. And yeah, you can make mid-turn corrections easier on a 26".
    2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by time229er View Post
    been there...take it easy for a couple days. Broken ribs really suck, but you already are knowing that.

not that you need to hear this now, but you do gotta pick your line earlier on a 29er. And yeah, you can make mid-turn corrections easier on a 26".
    This was sort of a decreasing radius downhill "crescent." was going down it faster than I had in the past, and just couldn't adjust to the decreasing radius...

Anyway, thanks everyone for the encouraging posts and PM's. Really appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I put some new tyres on - both Maxxis. DHRII on the back, High Roller 2 on the front, in a 26x2.4 size (huge!!)... The rear seems bigger which I don't know if I'm good with but should be good.

Unfortunately work and a cyclone have kept me from riding this weekend....

IH, HYHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by havok011101 View Post
    Unfortunately work and a cyclone have kept me from riding this weekend....
    Hope the cyclone didn't cause you any losses. You definitely beat out my wind advisory and intermittent rain excuse. Better luck next weekend.

mtbr member

Rode it. Swapped out the derailleur pulleys since they were a year old and destroyed. Also installed a quick release seatpost clamp. Finally got tired of doing it manually.

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-squamish.jpg
    Today was my 7th ride in 7 days.Except today I dragged my sorry ass after too many drinks last to Squamish to ride.
    We did half nelson,pseudo suga1,pseudo suga2,your mom ,phils&cams and then climb.
    I am bone tired now and waiting for the what did you do to me body aches tomorrow..

IH, HYHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squamish.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	885278
    Today was my 7th ride in 7 days.Except today I dragged my sorry ass after too many drinks last to Squamish to ride.
    We did half nelson,pseudo suga1,pseudo suga2,your mom ,phils&cams and then climb.
    I am bone tired now and waiting for the what did you do to me body aches tomorrow..
    I did a road race after a late bar night something like 28 years ago. Lost breakfast on mile 38 and had race officials trying to get me off the course. When you're young, you can fix almost anything with Gatorade. Finished reasonably but cramped all the way home. Learning to pace myself, but I still have those weeks when I burn the candle at both ends and wish I hadn't.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Great weekend!

Yesterday took my younger brother out for his first mtb ride. He loved it I think we have a convert here for sure! (Was also cool to have someone finally shoot pics of me...Cause we're all vain like that!). This morning I rode the local Backbone Trail, gassed-out early and retired - just way too technical for my fatigue level. Figured better safe than sorry Then went straight to my LBS for a complete bike detail.....it literally looks brand new now Then took my "other bike" out for a ride and just enjoyed the rest of today's 70 degree weather. Was pretty awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    THIS.... First ride down Jacob's Ladder & Rush - Draper, Utah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rU2_IOjZK_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    man, utah looks amazing, nice video

all i did today was install a new handlebar/stem/grips
    K2 Zed 3.29

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Did about 20 miles, the local trails are still closed so had to do the bike path. Just glad the worst winter I can remember looks like it is over and I can actually go out and ride.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-13915435266_61989fdb9c_k.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I rode 18 miles this morning at Quiet Waters. My first lap was 40 minutes, second lap was 36 minutes 13 seconds, my fastest to date. I payed particular attention to keeping my line of sight fifty feet in front of me on the second time through. It's amazing when I actually do what is suggested to become a better rider. It's been a few months since I've put that many miles in on a ride. The trails were nice from all the rain from the morning and they weren't to many riders out when I started at 10 AM.
    2012 GT Karakoram
    2013 Scott Genius 940

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I used my bike to lure a curious creature in my back yard.
    I managed to snap a shot of it checking my bike out:

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_5060_fox.jpg
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Did my first "skills" class today. Pretty awesome. It's always good to get the proper basics down. Kills any future bad habits that might arise The biggest thing I learned - LOOK UP. I apparently have this issue when riding slow. No bueno.

IH, HYHT.
    Added Fox Float Fluid to the shock on my Paragon and took the fenders off the Fargo in anticipation of a metric century next week.

mtbr member

Installed an Easton Havoc Stem 50mm on my Bronson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Rode about three miles looking for some place to cut a trail. Got off the road & went across a field to some berms. The dirt was way soft like riding through marshmallows. Pretty tough quarter mile. Cut the ride short & went back home. Last mile was mostly uphill. Fun fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Coming down to the point where two trails merged I looked over my left shoulder to see if my friend had caught up yet; somehow grabbed a fistful of brakes and faceplanted on the trail, left pedal took a chunk out of my calf at the same time.
    Decided it might be time to check my brakes or my brains.

29ers Forever
    First ride of the season. Roughly 2.5 miles. I found out all the things I need to fix on my Cobia during this test run of my new setup. It was a hard steep climb up a muddy gravel road, and then a really muddy class 4 road through the woods, and then a fun fast downhill on the other side of the mountain with speeds up to and in some places in excess of 40mph. This wasn't even singletrack and I loved it.

IH, HYHT.
    Candy 3's for my wife's bike followed by a 10 mile ride and 50 mentions in the first 5 miles about how the right pedal wasn't clipping in right. Moved the cleat 1/4" forward and viola, no issues. I don't remember my first ride with clip-in pedals in '93, but I rode alone and made all my mistakes away from the people I love. It stands as good advice today as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Experimented with a 69er conversion of my Klein Attitude. Original Duke XC fork sighed its last breath and I needed something, so I grabbed the fork and front wheel from my Raleigh XXIX SS for fun. And fun it is! Steerer tube is too short and would like to try less rake (its quite twitchy), but the AtoC is just right for accepting a 29er and retaining original geo. Rode around the hood and took it to work today. So far = fun! Will live with it for a week or so and if its still this fun, will get a fork and wheel for permanent conversion. Looking at a Salsa cromoto 425mm AtoC.

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-klein-69.jpg

mtbr member
    A nice ride thru Fort Hancock at Gunnison Beach, New Jersey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-.facebook_-2035359266.jpg  

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    10 miler in the woods yesterday...no pics. Lame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    4.2 mile loop with 541 feet of elevation gain up and down, according to my runtastic mountain bike app. A nice after-work ride!
    2013 Salsa Horsethief 2

mtbr member
    6 mile ride @ Turnbull Canyon (Whittier CA) A bit tough for my skills so some "hike my bike" sections, but had a decent work out. It was a good challenge but going down very rocky terrain still makes me weary. Working on it though!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member

I built a wheel with my new Hope Hub. Very happy with it - check it out!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WHMi_UWINOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I did a few laps on local trails. Only my 2nd time out but I still can not get over the awesome feeling I get when on a bike on the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I washed my bike......it is ready to ride now!!!!

LoneStarNner
    Jun 2013

Bike park ride

I went for a 10 mile ride today, all of my local trails were closed due to some much needed rain in No-Tex.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-bl2e4wpccaaxwxv.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Had a few days away up in the Lake District over Easter. So on Sunday I took the bike out for a lap of one of the routes. About 11 miles it said and mentioned a couple of climbs..OK... I didnt realise it was one climb of about 7 miles with a couple of even steeper sections... The trail was rocky and quite loose in places as well as very narrow in others with a good 500 foot of grass and rock scree next to the trail.. I hated the climb after about 4 or 5 miles. The descent was fun though... I met up with a group of about 9 or 10 other riders who went off ahead on the climbs but I met up with them again on the down hill section.. Good job I did as some of it was slow due to the terrain but still steep. I would love to have that route as a regular one to see how my fitness is progressing but I think an 8 or 9 hour round trip drive is a bit too far for a weekly ride...lol.
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-keswick1.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0463.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0462-copy.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0461-copy.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0460-copy.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0459-copy.jpgWhat did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0458-copy.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0474-copy.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0464.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0460.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img_0459.jpg  

LoneStarNner
    Jun 2013

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm jelly of your ride more power. Beautiful

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
    I'm jelly of your ride more power. Beautiful
    Cheers... I was not enjoying the view so much on the way up at times.. I need to get fitter to enjoy it more.... |Haha.. But there are some amazing views up there..... It is an area formed in the Glacial period so lots of big deep lakes and steep sided fells with loose terrain and scree to contend with. One of the guys I met up with got a puncture not from the sharp stones but a fragment of sheep bone.. It really can be desolate up there if the weather closes in fast. But the weather was good even though it was a bit windy through the valley. I want to go up there again and do another ride sometime..

mtbr member
    12mile ride @ Carbon Cyn - I was able to do most of the ride w/out stopping which is a huge improvement plus I finished it faster than ever.

Plus you get this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00083.jpg  

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-cam00081.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Found a trail in Dallas that actually challenged me - Big Cedar. I did about 13 miles and still have another 12 miles to explore!

What did You do today on your mountain bike?-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1398377768.023534.jpg

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ZKK007 View Post
    Found a trail in Dallas that actually challenged me - Big Cedar. I did about 13 miles and still have another 12 miles to explore!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398377768.023534.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	305.8 KB 
ID:	888170
    That trail looks really fun.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    That trail looks really fun.
    It was especially considering it was in Dallas. This was one of the easier parts of the trail. I didn't want to stop on the tough parts since it flowed nicely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140424-00680.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140424-00673.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140424-00675.jpg
    What did You do today on your mountain bike?-img-20140424-00678.jpg

Yesterday ~ 11 miles total, the begining is 2.5miles up for 30min @ 3-5mph...feel the burn :-)
    AWESOME RIde for sure!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

Members who have read this thread: 14