1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: what bike size?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

what bike size?

i'm looking to purchase this bike soon:
    http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/B-27-RSR-Details.html

how do i determine which size i should get? what do i have to measure on my body? thanks.

mtbr member
    Hi, you could try this calculator - http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...der=M&units=in however its best if you can actually try the bike out first to see whch size fits best.

mtbr member
    i stand about 5'10 and prefer to ride 17 inch frames. most mtn posts are +350mm and can easily be adjusted to promote proper leg extension. it's a matter of preference for me, i feel confident and in total control riding a 17 frame.

the best thing to do is go to a lbs and get fitted for a bike, both pre and post purchase. "pre" to determine what frame you should use and feel in most control of, "post" to properly fine tune the adjustments for optimal performance.

mtbr member
    give ibex a call or email them. they are really helpful, im sure they can tell you what size you'll need.

ride hard take risks
    What InvictaS1 said, call Ibex 1 888 741-1464

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thanks.