1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Wellgo MG-1s from Abaxo on ebay. For real?

These are for $50+ pretty much everywhere else.
    http://www.google.com/products?q=wel...tion&scoring=p

Are the $35 pedals on ebay sold by Abaxo for real?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-NEW-WELLGO-...item439e61253f

AZ
    banned
    Abaxo is real .

mtbr member
    thats what i paid for mine.

MTB skillz = NADA
    $17.83 for shipping? That is nuts!
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard Pirate
    $17.83 for shipping? That is nuts!

That's just a ploy to show a low price for the item as such. Abaxo themselves have listings at $35 odd with free shipping

Was just curious if it was the real thing.

I Have Cookies
    Abraxo Has great prices! Just their shipping is inflated.... but I've personally bought things from them and even with the freight it still comes out WAY cheaper then an LBS for odds and ends. You need to really check their listings there's great deals to be had! It's funny there can be 2-3 exact things listed for all different prices and shipping.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

So what?

Total price is all that mattes. Abaxo's shipping policy has been discussed in this forum, but the fact remains, all that matters is total price. I just bought some shifters for $35. Shipping was $13. But total, it's still cheaper than anyone else by $10.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    yes yes yes!

I get the part about the shipping!!!

I'm just trying to confirm that the parts themselves are legit. and not some well made knockoffs. I'm guessing that the consensus is that they ARE legit.

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    yes yes yes!

I get the part about the shipping!!!

I'm just trying to confirm that the parts themselves are legit. and not some well made knockoffs. I'm guessing that the consensus is that they ARE legit.
    THE PARTS ARE LEGIT!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    yep ordered from him as well, a rear cassette... like said above make sure and check the other auctions because the prices change a lot for some reason...
    Current Rides:
    2011 Trek Remedy 8

To Get Me There:
    2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Religion = Non-thinking
    real. i was an inch from getting them, until i jumped for the Titanium version of the MG-1's also on ebay.
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Abaxo, everything I've ordered from them has been first quality and arrives very quickly, even with shipping costs, great deals.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    real. i was an inch from getting them, until i jumped for the Titanium version of the MG-1's also on ebay.
    I run the Ti version on my BLT2. Awesome pedal. Personally, I LOVE flats and HATE clipless, and these pedals are great.

Anyone know why we "clip in" to clipless pedals?