Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

week before race what should i be eating?

697 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bikefun 
#1 ·
i have a race this weekend and am wondering what foods should i eat till then. anything thatll give an energy boost or help me out in any way?

#3 ·
Cut the fats down some.. drink more water. Eat less garbage as already stated. The most important thing is to not totally change your whole diet or you could throw your body off. Continue with your normal eating habits but clean them up a little.

Add in a little more cabs 2 days before the race.. along with some more protein. You'll be all set.

Edited to add: EVERYONE is different.. listen to your body.

#7 ·
You should know your optimal food performance... ok, what do you run on. I agree don't be dramatic. This is like askling, how do I prepare for a race in a week. It's part of the training, and every persons body is different. I jknew some guys that ate candy a few days before a race, others would have "a" beer or coffee before a race. I agree, rest a few days before, really light riding to stretch the legs, good sleep and find your power food. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.