mtbr member
    Dec 2014

want to know everything on suspension

Hi guys,

It's been a while I am looking to educate myself about suspension (rear and front fork). I can't really find articles or others source of info that can teach me how are they built, info of all the interior components, how to adjust etc.

the Basic maintenance guide didn't help much, and at the suspension forum I didn't got any satisfying answers.

I have an rp23 160 and float 160 fork. if you could link me to sources that I can educate the most with relation to my own components, I would be thankful.

thanks,

Amit.

since 4/10/2009
    get an engineering degree.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    get an engineering degree.
    Or Google.

I find everything and more than I could ever want to know about stuff like this by just doing an internet search. Those will lead you to the Fox site, a million videos, endless forum discusions, reviews, etc, etc, etc.

Do people really still not know this?
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Or Google.

I find everything and more than I could ever want to know about stuff like this by just doing an internet search. Those will lead you to the Fox site, a million videos, endless forum discusions, reviews, etc, etc, etc.

Do people really still not know this?
    that gets difficult to keep straight at times because you have the actual tech documentation, the marketing department mumbo jumbo, actual engineers who know what they're talking about, and armchair engineers who think they know what they're talking about (and who have bought hook, line, and sinker, the sales pitch from their favorite bike company's marketing dept).

for what most of us need to know, tech manuals cover most. there are some more intricate details that vary from component to component where seeking information from an outside source can be helpful and informative. but then you have to start wading into the morass to find the useful tidbits.

my comment about the engineering degree was a facetious jab at the overly broad nature of the question. sounded like the OP wanted to reverse engineer his shock and fork.

mtbr member
    Like said, basically the manual tells you all you need to know. If you're wanting to get in to the materials of it, machining etc, yeah you'll need to go in to a machine shop and engineering to get through all of that. For adjustments, detailed strip/clean/put back together type stuff, youtube is usually a great resource and will likely have several videos showing shop mechanics or DIY guys/gals walking you through everything.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I seriously did not scoop anything for a beginner, or a go throw article or what so ever. the farthest I got was finding was usual maintenance once every 50 hrs. with the rubbers etc. nothing more. I want to know if there is a guide, and if you can link me to it, I really did searched YouTube, Google, this forum, other forums (pink bike I think etc), more maintenance sites. nothing complete. I don't ask you to feed me, only help to get the source and if you could reveal to me new info sources that would be great too.

thanks.

mtbr member
    *Not a real mountain biker