Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

want better forks and shock on my DB coil ex

729 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BuickGN 
#1 ·
hi all, i have a quick question for anyone who can answer it.
I want to put a better fork and shock on my Dimmondback COIL EX and i dont know what to put on and i dont want to spend that much money. can anyone help??
i was also considering a single speed conversion but i dont know how that would work out with the rear suspension and all.
if you can help please do
thank you all

#2 ·
Well...

digger730 said:
hi all, i have a quick question for anyone who can answer it.
I want to put a better fork and shock on my Dimmondback COIL EX and i dont know what to put on and i dont want to spend that much money. can anyone help??
i was also considering a single speed conversion but i dont know how that would work out with the rear suspension and all.
if you can help please do
thank you all
A better fork and shock will cost you more than the bike is worth. I'd suggest riding the bike, have fun with it and start saving for an upgraded bike.

Edit to add: Making a SS out of this bike is impracticle. On a SS you're carrying momentum and that means standing up and mashing on the pedals. If you stand up and mash on your bike, you'll pogo stick all the way down the trail.

#5 ·
Are there no reasonably priced suspension forks anyone could recomend? I'm wanting to go from a P-bone rigid to a suspension fork, but don't want to spend a bunch either. Not even sure if it's a good idea. I've never riden a suspension fork. Only jumping small stuff on the street no, but hope to find some decent trails to ride. Are there any brands to stay away from?

#6 ·
Dont listen to that BS i ride my coil ex pretty rough and have no complaints. throw what you think you want on it and ride. riding a bike that fits you and your style is more important than the price tag. not to mention the frame is solid and single pivot swingarm makes it good for xc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.