1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: voodoo bazingo

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

voodoo bazingo

hi guys,would you recommend a i have done a little bit research at it sounds really good as a first bike that you could use to upgrade at a later date,i only have 650 to spend so i am looking to get the best i can for this price,any info would be good cheers steve

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I have read that it is a good frame, and I rode with someone this week who said it was great. They are making new ones to the same specs as the originals apparently. If they had many over here I would likely pick one up. Happy hunting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi thanks for reply,I have reserved one and pick it up friday so looking forward to riding it,I have looked at some of the reviews and all seem good

mtbr member
    In the UK this bike has received rave reviews, with mtb magazines saying it is the best hardtail under 1,000 and the frame matches bikes twice the price.

So you should find it is a pretty good bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I read that review in mtb magazine and that made my mind up too buy the bike

mtbr member
    You were lucky to get one. My local Halfords has been sold out all Summer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I was told at my local halfords I wouldn't get one as they had stopped selling them and it had been pulled from their website but I went to another shop 15 miles away and they had a ex display model available,I think I am going to ask for a discount when I pick it up fridsy with it been a ex display model,I shouldnt be paying full price ha

mtbr member
    So they produce a bike that gets rave reviews, and sells out continually......and then stop selling it.

Sounds sensible.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thats what I thought,bit odd really,you would think they would get voodoo to supply as many as possible to satisfy demand