1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Vintage Kastle Tour Randonnee

I was just given a matching set of his and hers Kastle mountain bikes. I can not find any information about them and was looking for some wisdom. Can any body give me some info on these or point me in the right direction? I am looking to fix a couple broken pieces, but parts seem to be quite hard to find.
    Name:  photo 1(1).JPG
Views: 170
Size:  111.0 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Check with the Vintage ,classic and retro forum. What parts do you need?There is a ton of parts on Ebay. By the way the seat post is on the wrong way the head should be toward the back of the bike.Someone might of done that because they wanted to sit more upright or the frame was too big for them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Ok thanks for the help. I just got these from my grandpas garage. The tire is flat on the other bike. So I will need to fix that. And the front brake on the right side is missing on the bike in the picture.