1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

Upgrade and ride or sale for a camber comp?

I just bought a 09 giant yukon fx and got it right. So the question is I can go on pricepoint.com and do a total drive train upgrade (chain,cassette,f&r derailers,shifter, and full crank set) to x.7 $230 x.9 $350 or slx $450. Our I can sale it and my hard tail and get a camber comp. The yukon don't ned the upgrade I'd just like some better parts on it if I keep it.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Is the current drivetrain worn out?

I'm not gaga over the Camber Comp for being a huge step up for you. It has a fair amount of parts that are not that much better than what you have. The Tektro Draco disc brakes. . . . . The Recon TK is better than a Dart, but you'd be spending a fair amount of dough to get the Camber even if you sell the Yukon FX.

A shop near me has some 2010 Trek Fuel EX 8's for $1750 (Fox fork and shock, tapered head tube, Avid Elixir 5 disc brakes, Rhythm Comp [tubeless ready] wheelset, XT crankset, XT rear derailleur). A much better component spec for the same price. I'd look for some sale prices and try to get a bit more bang for your buck as I think you could do it if you look around.

Personally, if the drivetrain isn't worn out and you're not quite ready to buck up for a true step up, I'd rather put that money into a better fork than new drivetrain.

For $350, you could get something like this (you or someone else would need to add two internal spacers to reduce the travel to 100mm):

http://wheelworld.com/product/marzoc...140mm-7479.htm

I think you would really like what a nice fork could do for your bike over what a Dart provides and the Marz 44 Micro Ti is a really nice fork (I rode one for a couple months earlier this year).

mtbr member
    Well I'm looking to get smoother shifting and maybe drop some weight with upgrades. Also I like to tool around on them lol.

Also here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrade and ride or sale for a camber comp?-newbike1.jpg  

Last edited by Dwhitt1981; 07-18-2011 at 04:33 AM.