mtbr member

Upgrade and ride or sale for a camber comp?

I just bought a 09 giant yukon fx and got it right. So the question is I can go on pricepoint.com and do a total drive train upgrade (chain,cassette,f&r derailers,shifter, and full crank set) to x.7 $230 x.9 $350 or slx $450. Our I can sale it and my hard tail and get a camber comp. The yukon don't ned the upgrade I'd just like some better parts on it if I keep it.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Is the current drivetrain worn out?

I'm not gaga over the Camber Comp for being a huge step up for you. It has a fair amount of parts that are not that much better than what you have. The Tektro Draco disc brakes. . . . . The Recon TK is better than a Dart, but you'd be spending a fair amount of dough to get the Camber even if you sell the Yukon FX.

A shop near me has some 2010 Trek Fuel EX 8's for $1750 (Fox fork and shock, tapered head tube, Avid Elixir 5 disc brakes, Rhythm Comp [tubeless ready] wheelset, XT crankset, XT rear derailleur). A much better component spec for the same price. I'd look for some sale prices and try to get a bit more bang for your buck as I think you could do it if you look around.

Personally, if the drivetrain isn't worn out and you're not quite ready to buck up for a true step up, I'd rather put that money into a better fork than new drivetrain.

For $350, you could get something like this (you or someone else would need to add two internal spacers to reduce the travel to 100mm):

http://wheelworld.com/product/marzoc...140mm-7479.htm

I think you would really like what a nice fork could do for your bike over what a Dart provides and the Marz 44 Micro Ti is a really nice fork (I rode one for a couple months earlier this year).

mtbr member
    Well I'm looking to get smoother shifting and maybe drop some weight with upgrades. Also I like to tool around on them lol.

Also here's a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrade and ride or sale for a camber comp?-newbike1.jpg  

Last edited by Dwhitt1981; 07-18-2011 at 04:33 AM.