1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Tyre suggestion for 2010 GF Wahoo

Just bought a used GF Wahoo and the rear tyre needs replaced as well as tube. Any suggestions on a good all purpose tyre and tube? Oem equipment is bontrager xr jones 26x2.2. It looks like those are discontinued. Only using the bike on Tarmac or light offload trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Re: Tyre suggestion for 2010 GF Wahoo

Whatever 2.2 is on sale with small tread. Or maybe hybrid tire with corner tread

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Re: Tyre suggestion for 2010 GF Wahoo

Double post

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jameslr View Post
    Just bought a used GF Wahoo and the rear tyre needs replaced as well as tube. Any suggestions on a good all purpose tyre and tube? Oem equipment is bontrager xr jones 26x2.2. It looks like those are discontinued. Only using the bike on Tarmac or light offload trails.
    Move your front tire to the rear and put a Nobby Nic on the front.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Any online retailer suggestions? Amazon seems a bit pricey. Prefer something that frequents free shipping and tax free to Indiana.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ordered 2 x Kenda K-Rad - they're slightly wider at 2.30 but they got great reviews and seemed to be suggested toward what I plan on riding. The Nobby Nic was just way too expensive. I got both tires with 2 x slime tubes for $70 on amazon. All in all not a terrible deal. The other contenders I saw and was seriously tempted with were the Maxxis Hookworms or Maxxis Holy Rollers. The hookworms looked really cool, but I wasn't sure if my frame would accommodate a 2.5" tire. Plus they were pretty expensive.