Thread: Trade?

I love my Hardrock

Trade?

I have the opportunity to trade my 2000 specialized hardrock 17" for a newer giant ranier 19" disc. Is this a good deal? I know it has disc brakes and better components but is the 19" a better fit for me? I'm 6'0". Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Can you ride it first to find out how if feels vs. the 17".

I love my Hardrock
    Yes I can it feels big but it has a long stem on it. If I get a shorter stem would it make a big difference? The main thing is that it feels like I have to reach for the bars.

mtbr member
    i cant imagine being 6 ft tall and riding a 17". i ride a 17" and im 5' 8". i'd assume you need at least an 18" if not a 19".

I love my Hardrock
    So I just measured my inseam and it's 34". So that means the 17 is to small right?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Yeah,a 19" is a better fit for you I think.I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I'm comfortable on a 19" frame as long as the stems not too long and the seat isn't too far back.Sounds like a good trade for you,make sure it's in good shape first though.Check for cracks,dents ect.,ect.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by CRed
    Yeah,a 19" is a better fit for you I think.I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I'm comfortable on a 19" frame as long as the stems not too long and the seat isn't too far back.Sounds like a good trade for you,make sure it's in good shape first though.Check for cracks,dents ect.,ect.
    Agreed. You are wayyyy better off on a 19". But like cred said. Check for all of those things.
    Ride

Members who have read this thread: 0