Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Markus_037's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    totally n00b question

    but what is "switchback"?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gasp4Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    From a dictionary:

    Noun: A 180 bend in a road or path, esp. one leading up the side of a mountain

    That's all it is - a tight sharp turn on a hillside, where the trail zig-zags up the hillside. This allows for a more ride-able grade, and will resist washing out if built properly.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Markus_037's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    alright cool. yeah i know waht ur talking about. i usually call them hairpins lol

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i think with pavement they're called hairpins but in any sort of bike or walking/hiking trail they're called switchbacks.

Similar Threads

  1. 888 N00B question
    By carbuncle in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
  2. Another n00b question..
    By N8! in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
  3. Another N00B Question
    By freakyboxer in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 08:29 AM
  4. N00b question.... What Cables to use?
    By Bobby12many in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:00 PM
  5. n00b question:
    By garyfnewbie in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 02:53 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.