1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Tire size?

spec4life???..smh...

Tire size?

Well my freind just bought a used bike with slick tires and he is in need of a pair of knobbies. So he walked by my bike and said where did you get those tires and i said well if ya want them ill sell em to ya. (Upgrade my tires )

Problem is his rims say 1.5-1.95 tires and my tires are 2.1. So will they work or am i out of luck?

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Impossible to say without....

knowing what bike your friend has, i.e. make, model, and year, would be very helpful. I haven't seen a rim with specific tire width recommendations on them (except for Mavic rims) in a lot of years. So the bike may be pretty old I'm guessing. Anyway, those recommendations are usually just that, recommendations. As long as the frame has clearance for the 2.1 tires your friend should be fine. After all, you're only talking a difference of + 1.5 tenths of an inch.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

spec4life???..smh...
    The bike is a raliegh mojave 4.0 and i beleive it is either an 07 or 08. It has disc brakes and i beleive that it will have clearence. Just making sure they would stay on the rim.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by spec4life
    The bike is a raliegh mojave 4.0 and i beleive it is either an 07 or 08. It has disc brakes and i beleive that it will have clearence. Just making sure they would stay on the rim.
    Mount em an go ride.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Yup....

shouldn't be a problem. Go for it.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

spec4life???..smh...
    Thanks guys...That means a new set of tires for me.