1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

tire lever tool recommendations?

i have wtb vigilante 2.3 tsc in the front and moto 2.3 tsc in the rear. what tire lever tool do you guys recommend for these tubeless tires??

thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

Picture Unrelated
    I like Pedros (non DH) tire levers.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Fat-tired Roadie
    +1. Bought a set on the recommendation of my local shop, and I'm quite impressed.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    I like Pedros (non DH) tire levers.
    ^^ These... cheap and works well.

-S

Cow Clicker
    I use the Park levers with the hooks if the tire/rim combo is REALLY tight. If you do it right, you won't need levers. Put the bead in the center of the rim opposite of the stem and remove the bead near the stem. You can just just your fingers to get the tire on and off most times. Same for putting it back on. Then seat the bead by pulling in place all the way around.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Ride Responsibly
    Quik Stik has never let me down.
    Quik Stik Tire Changer at REI.com
    But thumbs work most of the time if you remember to push the bead into the low center of the rim as stated by wmac.

mtbr member
    Normally I don't use levers, but technique instead. If the tire is still too tight, I break out Pedros levers. I like the slim and wide profile as opposed to Park's, and I've only ever managed to snap the latter into pieces.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Been using the same set of these for almost 13 years - haven't broken one yet!

Zefal Nylon Tire Levers - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Pedro's makes the best non-metal levers. Lifetime warranty on them, too. My choices after that are Minoura for aluminum levers with hooks, the PDW 3wrencho (steel core with a thin, broad lever), and finally Park's steel core levers, which have gobs of leverage.

For most tires, even Pedro's levers are overkill.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Been using the same set of these for almost 13 years - haven't broken one yet!

Zefal Nylon Tire Levers - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available
    You stole my name!! LOL.

Carbon or Commie?
    My Novara tire levers have never let me down. $3 for 3 at REI... hard to beat on price.