mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Which of these three bikes:

Im a "casual" mountain biker. Not because I don't really enjoy it or Im not athletic, but because there aren't alot of places to ride where I live. I have a trek Wahoo hardtail. I live on the west coast in the redwoods and ride a few good downhill trails. About 1000ft elevation drop per mile. But they I don't have extreme trails with crazy drops or anything locally. All the trails I ride have crazy amounts of roots and some rocks, so I want to step up to a full suspension bike. Im about 160 lbs. 5'9 There are three on craigslist Im looking at. Which would you prefer?
    2010 Specialized pinch- 800$ with aftermarket rims and tires.
    2007? Jamis XLT- Almost new for 700$
    2007? Kona Coiler- like new 600$

The specialized seems like the highest performing bike of the three. Air shocks front and rear. I have the money, but I don't ride crazy downhill or super aggressively. I just want a reliable, solid, fun bike that will last me a few years. If the frame is solid I don't mind upgrading a few things.
    What would you buy?
    Thanks alot! Im learning alot from these forums.

mtbr member
    I would go with the Specialized Pitch. For $800, I'd assume is the Pitch Comp and not the Pro, but still a pretty decent deal. If the bike is the right size and not overly beat up, then that stye bike I would go with.