1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    I reckon y'all fixin to..

Cool-blue Rhythm There's either no one around in need, or these suck...

I've seen this post on CL for a few weeks now. http://reno.craigslist.org/bik/781752693.html I think this person first had this posted at like $1000 or something, but over the weeks it keeps popping up with a new name and is now to what... $699?

I haven't done much research on these, as I'm not looking for a f/s but is it even worth it? Two bike $700. That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe if they listed the exact components we might know better.

What does anyone think?
    "Good health is the slowest possible way one can die."

mtbr member
    It's either stolen, or heavily worn out. I'm thinking stolen.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The proflex is over a decade old, probably close to a fatigue failure and wouldn't likely fetch more than $300 on its own unless the parts are close to new shape. As to the RM9, its a DH bike... assume its been used excessively and also is close to a fatigue failure.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by Ktse
    It's either stolen, or heavily worn out. I'm thinking stolen.
    I thought that too, but that's pretty ballsy to have it up for so long on CL. Dunno. If anything of mine gets stolen I check all the pawn shops around and then CL and eBay you know?

So, do you say that because either of those are any good? Like I said, I haven't researched them. I just constantly see them listed.

mtbr member
    the shiver is a sweet fork though, but they are both really old and i wouldnt trust a dh frame thats been abused for so long, and the proflex is gotta be 12 years old atleast, id say 200 for both and use em for parts

Quote Originally Posted by spazzy
    the shiver is a sweet fork though, but they are both really old and i wouldnt trust a dh frame thats been abused for so long, and the proflex is gotta be 12 years old atleast, id say 200 for both and use em for parts
    That's an interesting point. I don't think the seller will be happy, but he may have to take it if he ever wants to get rid of them. Thanks for the input.