Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Switching from Wellgo clipless to Crank brother Candy's

711 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shadowflag 
#1 ·
the wellgo's I ride now are a shimano entry level clipless clone. I got a free pair of Candys(traded them to a guy I work with for crappy plaforms becuase he hates clipless). am I going to see a big diff in the pedals? I just want to make sure that they are as easy to clip out of.

#2 ·
I think they are easier to get in and out of, yet they don't seem to disengage unexpectedly like my Shimanos used to do. Plus, if you ride in the mud a lot (like I do) you have the added benefit of not worrying about the pedal getting clogged.

I rode Shimanos for a long time. I tried a friend's bike with Candy-C's on it (luckily we wear the same size shoe) and I went home that afternoon and ordered Candy's for all my bikes.

#3 ·
i made the switch to candy's (from SPD's) when i got my new bike that came with candy's...

i only used the SPD's for a short time, but i love the candys and will never go back to SPD's. they clip in and out better in my opinion. i think the candy's have more float too... and that is not adjustable...

the egg beaters have to different clip out angles, depending which cleat goes on which foot - the one thing they (crank brothers) say is when first using them to use the easier clip out angle - i forget which ie easier, but read the book or check online

#4 ·
Forget the candy's and go to the Eggbeaters. They are easier to engage and disengage. I find myself hunting with the candy's but tried the beaters on another bike and all you have to do is get your foot close to the pedal and 'snap' your in.

Just my 2 pennies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.