1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Suspension Fork Lube

Hi, I'm looking at buying some fork lube but deciding what to buy has been quite confusing. Ive searched all over and found lots of answers, but there so many different ones I wanted to get an opinion here.

I've just ordered some Finish Line Wet for my chain, SteveUK mentioned in his Fork and Shock cleaning guide he uses Teflon Finish Line Dry. Would i be able to use the Finish Line Wet on my forks? Or am i better getting something that's specifically for forks?

Also would i buy two separate products for both forks and rear shock?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2012
    That stuff will just make a mess. What makes you think you need the fork lube? Ride your bike and wipe it down with a wet rag after, and you'll be good to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not trying to be too harsh. Fork oil goes in the fork ,not on it. Read the sevice manual .

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Just from reading the cleaning guides, most of them clean the forks and lube them afterwards.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SCO7TY View Post
    Just from reading the cleaning guides, most of them clean the forks and lube them afterwards.
    Don't make things complicated for yourself. You likely won't see and/or feel any difference using a fork lube. Ride your bike, clean it and maintain it after.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Finish Line Stanchion Lube makes them slide in and out a little smoother.

There are customer reviews here:
    Amazon.com: Finish Line Stanchion Lube / Pure Fluoro Oil 15gr Squeeze Bottle: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks I'll have a look at this

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I used the finish line stanchion oil on my raidon when it started to squeak during compression. All is quiet and much smoother now