1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    awesome
    Nov 2007

sunday elite fork

sorry to start so many threads, but what frok would you guys reccomend. i want to be as cheap as possible but ill stay away from wallmart.

mtbr member

awesome
    Nov 2007
    thanks but looking for something that would go well with a sunday elite without messing up the geo

awesome
    Nov 2007
    bump

Former Bike Wrench
    I take that you are refering to a Iron Horse Sunday Elite

7-8" inch fork cheap? Used on Ebay

Otherwise:
    JensonUSA has a Marz 888 RC for $550
    CambriaBike and PricePoint have Manitou Dorado DH for $600
    and Rock Shox Boxxer Race can be had for around $650

The plough
    Oh a Sunday elite is a bike? I thought you wanted a fork for leet psick stuff to do on Sundays only. eBay is your friend.

And do not worry about messing up the geology with your bike, or did you mean the geometry?

V.