Thread: Stolen!

mtbr member

Stolen!

I pushed it inside the living room (wife LOVES that!) after riding one day while I took my son to baseball practice. While I was gone, she pushed it back outside to clean up, leaned it against the garage. I forgot about it, when I woke the next day to go riding on a brand new trail, it was gone. I filed a police report, but that has been over 3 weeks ago. It's gone.

I am now looking for my next one. The first was a 2004 Giant Rincon. I want to upgrade. I am looking at the Cannondale F6 and the Raleigh Mojave 8.0. I like the components of the 8.0 but the LBS guy spoke about the Cannondale's frame and said I can upgrade components later. Both were in my price range, about 600-700 $US

What are your opinions?

mtbr member
    May 2007

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I hope your wifey is paying for it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916
    I hope your wifey is paying for it.
    LOL no, I saw it when we got back from baseball practice, and didn't move it inside. Just because it is sitting outside doesn't give anyone the right to take it. I wasn't upset with her about it. I should have moved it inside when I saw it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    /wave to another NWA rider - I'm in Fayetteville myself

Sorry about the ganked bike, it happens a lot. My brother had a $600 Giant stolen not too long ago.

bang
    she couldn't have moved it to a different part of the room, or in the garage instead? you sure she isn't hiding it from you to teach you a lesson?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subimp25rs
    I can't stress enough that buying a bike online without sitting on the exact same one localy can be a disaster.
    I usually ride a 19" bike so when I was looking to upgrade my old bike I was looking at a new GT i-Drive, I almost bought a closeout 06 online that had a large frame and thought I would go the my local Performance to see if I really like it.
    I loved the bike but I found that I needed a small frame. I would have made a $1,000 mistake if I bought it online, I could barely touch the ground on the medium and large and never would have know that online.

Just my $.02