1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Steerer Tube

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Steerer Tube

I have a RS Revelation on a S frame at the moment. I'm going to be building up a different bike using a M frame. I'd like to keep my fork, as I absolutely love it, but the steerer tube is going to be too short (from what I'm told). It is 7". Anyone know if you can get replacement tubes, etc?? Would they come from RS? My other thought would be that someone in the area could cut one and press in- what type of business would have the capabilities to do something like this?? Posted in Newb forum b/c I am absolutely clueless regarding this kind of thing- but I ride the hell outa my bike!!

Appreciate any direction here!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    As far as know they will not replace for liability issues.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Are you referring to an outside source (other than RS). Is this something Rock Shox could do?

AZ
    banned
    R.S. may do this , you need to contact them through customer service .

Big Mac
    I'm pretty sure that the steer tube on the Revelation is part of the "fork steer tube crown assembly" which also includes the stanchions or "uppers". They are not cheap. I had to do this for a Pike and was $250 or so. I think. Any shop could order it or you could source it your self. Best of luck.

mtbr member
    If your ditching your s frame ,sell the fork and try to get another one that the steer tube is long enough to fit your m frame needs ..

Last I heard only Marzocchi would do a one-time re-fitting of a steerer tube, the others sell you a complete assembly of steerer/crown/stanchions.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S
    If your ditching your s frame ,sell the fork and try to get another one that the steer tube is long enough to fit your m frame needs ..

Thinking thats what I'm going to have to do after a little research. Ebay it is..............

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop29
    Thinking thats what I'm going to have to do after a little research. Ebay it is..............

Ebay can become your best friend , i landed a 2009 RS 140 mm Revalation 426 for 275 $, plus i have also got some great deals on other bike items .