1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

New question here. SR Epicon X1 RL-RC 2013 vs Spinner Aeris Pro 2014

Hello!
    I'm going to replace Suntour XCM "fork". I can choose between Suntour Epicon X1 RL-RC 2013 and Spinner Aeris Pro 2014. I know they are budget forks, but i`m not riding extremelly. Only casual riding in city (many high kerbstones) and some dirt roads. Mainly I care about sustainability- no clearance on sliders, no leaks etc. My weight is 242 Pounds and high 75 inch. Does anyone can say something about these forks?

edit: Both QR15

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxx View Post
    Hello!
    I'm going to replace Suntour XCM "fork". I can choose between Suntour Epicon X1 RL-RC 2013 and Spinner Aeris Pro 2014. I know they are budget forks, but i`m not riding extremelly. Only casual riding in city (many high kerbstones) and some dirt roads. Mainly I care about sustainability- no clearance on sliders, no leaks etc. My weight is 242 Pounds and high 75 inch. Does anyone can say something about these forks?

edit: Both QR15
    I would go with the Epicon, don't know anything about the Spinner, but the Epicon is surprisingly very good for the price !
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    I would go with the Epicon, don't know anything about the Spinner, but the Epicon is surprisingly very good for the price !
    I have to vouch for the Epicon as well. Great deal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The Epicon has a maintenance free sealed oil damper unit. Nothing to do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thank's for advices. I ordered Epicon. What's better to keep fork in good condition - Brunox Deo or Finish Line Max Suspension? I heard, that brunox deo is rather for cleaning than lubrication or it lubricate for short term. I`m going to use one of this oils after every trip.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Keep the stanchions wiped and use a little silicone if you wish. Too much lube on the wiper seals just holds dirt which is them worked in with use to cause wear. Follow the care instructions that come with the fork. That fork was designed for minimal maintenance.