1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Specialized camber fsr

hi all. great forum, im a newbie by the way, and have just purchased specialized bike to get to and from work as well as getting out at the weekend, and churning up the trails, as ive mentioned I have a new bike and was jut trying to sort out the rear shock Ive looked at the shock and I think I have the autosag rear shock, even though the shop said it didnt have autosag, but I thought I pop on here introduce myself and ask he question. great forum by the way

mtbr member
    I am not sure what your question is...

What year and model is your camber?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    im just not sure if and how to set up the rear shock properly, the store said my bike didn't have the autosag shock, but on my rear shock it says inflate shock to 275 psi, sit on bike, then press grey valve till air stops escaping, which ive done, but just wondered if anyone on here had the same bike as me?

mtbr member
    If it does have auto sag, inflate the air chamber to 50psi above rider weight. Sit on bike. Use the auto sag feature.

For me I like to tune suspension to my terrain and who I am riding with.

Fat-tired Roadie
    That sounds like Autosag to me. Since you have observed reality on your side, don't worry about what the shop says.

I'd probably use a gauge to find out what pressure it gave me, then experiment anyway. Though once I figure out a bike's setup, I write it down and don't worry about it anymore. To be honest, I'm 175 miles in on my newest and still not really done - a lot of the time, I'd rather just bomb around on it, so taking time out to mess with the suspension is hard.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have the 2013 Base model and it has autosag. I have it set to 140psi, same as my weight so it's a bit more plush